Reviews for From Ancient Grudge
Bittersweet chapter 1 . 4/2
I just realized how appropriate the title was. From Ancient Grudge comes from the prolougue in Romeo and Juliet, right? The two feuding families in this fic are the dwarves and the elves, and what keeps them from having their friendship approved is their species. Brilliant title!
UltimateNinjaOfDoom chapter 22 . 8/2/2013
that was beautiful it was very emotional story
Always chapter 3 . 5/19/2012
Yes, it was stone. However, the palace was not truly a cave. Castles are built of blocks of stone and Mirkwood was no different except that it was carved, not built from scratch. It is too open to be like a cavern or cave.
A reader chapter 22 . 7/5/2011
Awesome story...its been a long time since I've read any good Legolas and Gimli story. But in the movie, Legolas was the one who won the drinking contest. So definitely he can beat Gimli in drinking contest right?
Metoochocolate chapter 22 . 5/19/2011
Your plot is scary intricate 0_0 but I love it. Brilliantly crafted and written. You have some skill :) I love how you portrayed the pride and yet kindness in the Dwarves and Elves :)
Gaina Katrea chapter 22 . 2/25/2007
Beautiful story. Well written and everything so perfeclty described. Thank you for that great moment.
Just Sleeping chapter 22 . 7/20/2005
Amazing. Amazing! No other words can seem to describe it right now..how pathetic...adding to fav. stories! Because..the story is scrupmtious! Better adjective? Lol...done typing now...
Firnsarnien chapter 22 . 8/15/2004
Well, here's one reader who's very glad Leggy is better and the rift between Gimli and Leggy seems to have been mended. It was really awful to see them at odds so their playful bantering is a welcome relief!

I'm glad everything turned out ok at the end. :)
colagreenleaf chapter 22 . 8/12/2004
:) *smiles* happy ending, but a really good happy ending too! Im very glad everything turned out ok (in the end) no war, no Legolas & Gimli won't see each other again either, that would be bad! I liked their bantering conversation and Thror hurrying past Gimli after he'd apologised & thanked Legolas, that made me laugh, like Gimli muttering to Galadriel when he asks for a gift from her. Well done it was a great story, sad its over but its not a bad thing I guess cause I think we got the ending we all wanted! Im interested in your next one, I don't usually read them but I think in this case I'll make an exception and see what happens!

Cola xx
colagreenleaf chapter 20 . 8/12/2004
oh no oh no! Its ok, Ive got two more chapters to read as I write so Im going back for more reading! & will get back to you...
Gozilla chapter 22 . 8/11/2004
What a great story! Well done! Thanks for writing! -
Kelsey chapter 1 . 8/8/2004
I think you need an epilogue! I wonder if Aragorn has been waiting for them. I want to see his reaction to their story. I must say, it IS a very good excuse as to why they're late. In the course of the time they were gone, they were poisoned, bitten, taken prisoner, accused of an assasination attempt, nearly forced into madness, escaping a mountain, avoiding war, knocked unconcious, and nearly got killed numerous times.

But, I did like your ending if you don't want to do one.
kazbels chapter 22 . 8/6/2004
This was a great story. One of the best, if not the best, fanfics I have ever read. Congratulations! Kudos for a job well done! :)
Deadly Chakram chapter 22 . 8/6/2004
YAY! Everyone winds up happy (and alive!). *big grin*

That said, this has been another excellent story. You could never dissapoint (unless you ever left the realm of fanficition, which would be thusly robbed of one of it's greatest writers). I'm glad to see that everything worked out for the best, without cutting down on the usual torment and torture of the characters. Angst is such a great thing to have in a story, and you deliever it so well! Keep up the awesome work and I can't wait to see your next one!
Kelsey chapter 22 . 8/6/2004
So your next one won't have Gimli? Too bad. You're really good at Legolas/Gimli friendship fics.

I really liked this fic. I liked the friendship, the sacrifice, threat of war, doing anything for peace, loyalty, vengence, etc.

this was really really really good!