Reviews for Toxic
celticmusebooks chapter 1 . 6/27/2012
I love this story- you have a real way with the Spock/Chapel dynamic and also a great way of squeezing a great story into the swiss cheese of ST TOS canon. Would love to see the post Gol conclusion to this story.
therisingharvestmoon chapter 1 . 7/9/2011
Ah, you write the very best Spock/Chapel. :)
Kittenmommy chapter 1 . 12/29/2009
I can't believe I missed this story somehow. Brilliant!
Clio Trismegista chapter 1 . 5/18/2009
This is new, Christine leaving Spock... but could explain a lot of things.
Lyranfan chapter 1 . 5/18/2004
This was well done - great background material. It all depends on his decision to look into her memories in the first place - and you take a good stab at it. As a human I could see the temptation would be great, but for a Vulcan trained in mental connection ethics it is a violation not easily overlooked. The key here is the distraction caused by the pain - the need to hold onto the pain and also take his mind off if it - with the nearest thing being her memories. And the need to understand why she is after him and what he can do about it - either to stop it or even to pursue it as he does. I really like the way McCoy hits Spock between the eyes, you really have a gift for capturing the way McCot talks in your stories. A good piece of work.
mzsnaz chapter 1 . 1/9/2004
Nice. I find myself agreeing with Christine on the point that Spock had no right to view her memories, even though I understood his motives. He does have a tendency to justify his actions as necessary even though they are actually personal. Anyhow, enough psychological babble. I'm glad I read this and will be reading the sequel(s).