Reviews for Of A Sort
queenfirst chapter 8 . 12/20/2014
Merlin, that ending gave me chills. You have a way with words.
Jaycie Victory chapter 5 . 4/13/2014
These are fantastic. You've made me feel sympathetic towards Lockhart and a little sad at how silly he turns out, and very sad that poor Ted was sorted away from Gryffindor. Great job.
sammyfish chapter 9 . 10/29/2011
I adore this story! Not only is it a nice extension of your writing, it also ties into the lovely snapshots you are somehow able to capture so perfectly! I suspect that by now this account (and story) is pretty much abandoned, but I accept it with great regret. I would love to see more of this...you've got such powerful characters. Astonishingly, you've even managed/bothered to write a whole variety of (deeply impressive) Sorting songs! I'd also love to see a fic about any of the years you've done so far - you've truly 'set' and 'characterised' the scene in the brief sortings to prepare for an amazing story, many times over!

Anyway, if you were to write again, know that it would be eagerly read. Otherwise, congratulations on such amazing writing!
changingoceantides chapter 9 . 12/30/2010
I just came across this story of yours. It's wonderful, by the way, And I was wondering if you'd ever continue it. I saw that it's been a while since you did, but it's a shame to leave such a terrific story.
Avi689 chapter 9 . 9/14/2010
Nice job! Keep going! I like the internal dialogue you're providing. Also- were you meaning to imply that Ravenclaw had been a nun?
alix33 chapter 9 . 11/12/2009
"Dora was in the last group, sitting knee to knee with another first year girl whose thin blonde hair had been pulled into a high ponytail on the top, with the rest hanging flatly against her shoulders. The girl smiled shyly. "I'm Dora," she said. Dora laughed. "So am I. Dora Tonks." "Dora Madrigan." "That'll be a bit confusing," Sanjiv said. "Not really," Charlie Weasley said, lying flat on his trunk and putting his hands on the floor. "We'll just call that one Nymphadora." "Not if you want all your teeth where they started out," Dora said." - Hehehe, I also like the squashy and cosy, nearly overfull compartment.
alix33 chapter 5 . 11/12/2009
"You shouldn't say that," he whispered firmly to Lucius. "It's rude." Lucius raised an eyebrow. He'd opened his mouth to speak when another voice interrupted. "I have not had to teach this lesson during a Sorting for some time," Professor McGonagall said, "but when I am speaking, you are not." Lucius snapped his mouth shut and stepped back." - Oh dear...Minerva probably does not give a toss, but Lucius now hates her.
alix33 chapter 2 . 11/12/2009
"Mother inspected her, frowning deeply. Her eyes narrowed. "Let me see your handbag, Minerva." Minerva tried to push the large bag around behind her, but of course it was too late. Resigned, she held it up for Mother. Mother took it and opened it. Her lips went tight and her eyebrows moved in toward one another. "Minerva?" "I promise, I'll put it away if anyone wants to talk to me!" Mother drew the book out. It was only a simple little story about a boy who solved mysteries-a child's book, really, with illustrations of brooms flying around behind a Quidditch pitch and of girls waving from the stands-and Minerva had only brought it because... Well, because she'd thought it was small enough to fit in her handbag without Mother noticing it. "Minerva," Mother said, "I am delighted that you enjoy your books, but we talked about this." - I am astonished that Minerva had a handbag when she was 11. I think I had only a small dark green change purse then... mind you, I wonder what happened to my green change purse? I DO however totally approve of carrying reading matter in said handbag for if she gets bored, though. To this day, I do the same thing, for the same reason, in my ordinary work bag (which is a neon orange fabric shopping bag from my local grocery. I have a couple of identical ones for carrying my actual groceries home in.).

"Mother slipped the book into the pocket of her own robe." - SO not fair!

"A reporter from the Daily Prophet kept trying to buttonhole students, and Professor Dumbledore kept shooing him away." - Oh dear, Merlin knows WHAT kind of a story he will now suck out of his thumb to have running in tomorrow's edition!
alix33 chapter 1 . 11/12/2009
Who is the other boy? With the hair redder than Albus's?
q.thews chapter 9 . 9/15/2009
As nice as they are it is sad that we could not see your version of Harry and friends.

But then i'll never pry for continuation, only the author should have the last worlkd about his work... this is called reverse psychology ;-)

No, really your work, your decisions.

Ciao!
q.thews chapter 2 . 9/15/2009
This is very interesting and quite probable too.

We have read about her older self but we have hints at her strength and if her position about Harry's choice of career in fifth yera is a sign we she have to fight she will fight.

Ciao!
Ninianna chapter 9 . 7/25/2009
This story is really, really good! I hope you finish it! Oh wait, we were already in 1991 weren't we? With Harry. Still! It would be awesome if you would finish it!
restinpace chapter 9 . 2/19/2009
This is really quite good. Do you ever plan on continuing it, or have you given up?
Pipsky chapter 9 . 9/28/2007
I love the songs! Great story.
SylvanDreamer chapter 9 . 10/13/2006
Ohmigod! I love the plot of the story. incredibly original! Can't wait to see who the other characters you're going to sort are! This is one of the best fics I've read so far! Keep it up and update soon!

*smilies*