Reviews for Impuissant
Randirogue chapter 1 . 5/12/2008
Egads, I love this story, and I'm glad I didn't review it before now, despite all the times I read it. Maybe now, this review will find it's way to you and I can coerce you a little to pick up writing again. If I have to, I'll cajole Ludi into helping me. :D
IggE chapter 1 . 8/24/2005
Wow! That was really great. I loved the dream scene and even how you framed your story... loved the last line!
T chapter 1 . 5/20/2004
That was great. Loved it. You should try to continue it.
ChaosCat chapter 1 . 2/23/2004
I read this story before, and I adored it the first time, but somehow I didn't review it. Sometimes I'm not the brightest. . But oh well. This is a fabulous one-shot that just says so much while not saying anything. You have a fantastic grasp of sub-text and the way you weave a story together is positively masterful.
There is just something about this story that makes me giggle, and feel really uncomfortable at the end of it for some reason. A premonition, perhaps? I almost wish there were more to the story, but I don't know if there could be more, as this is just perfect.
Aqualad chapter 1 . 1/17/2004
Lovely story-and I generally don't read Remy/Rogue tales. This was beautifully written and rang true of both characters. And anyone who mentions Tante Mattie and her teachings gets extra points from me! Bravo!
MortonGirl chapter 1 . 1/7/2004
Esh! This doesn't have to be a one-shot, right? I mean, I don't think anyone is going to hold it against you if you continue on in this vein for oh, six or seven more years, right?
I love the small details and descriptions, because they make the story and emotions vivid, but true, too - it's not overdone and garish. And your Remy is perfectly rendered; sad and sweet and carrying the weight of the world.
This kind of reminds me of Joan Osborne's Spider Web, wherein she meets up with Ray Charles in a dream, and he tells her, "Since I got my eyesight back, my voice has just deserted me..."
Rogue's last line is eerie, and you must continue. Go on, now. Shoo! Get back to work! Of course, if the plot bunnies are threatening you with imminent blood loss, feel free to address them first.
And because I am not totally without manners, though my grandmother will tell you otherwise, thanks for the shout-out. I'm not in the same ballpark as you, though. You? The Big Dance. Me? The B-squad. Maybe even just the equipment manager. But you're sweet.
Patchverse-SheCat chapter 1 . 1/7/2004
Whoa. You are definitely headed straight for my favorite authors list.
That was great, a perfect ending, just beautiful.
Jean1 chapter 1 . 1/6/2004
Very nice. I'd love to see more interlude stories like this. It's both interesting as to who they really are and what but with a deja-vu sort of twist.
XxFleurdelySxX chapter 1 . 1/6/2004
MM, well that, with all the feeling and the way you describe everything, every single detail, perfectly, and the last sentence... AAh! That made me shiver all along. Two other plot bunnies? Well I can't wait!
fleur-
Ludi chapter 1 . 1/6/2004
O! *big grins* Yah finally went an' did it! (just when I was saying no pressure to write anything else, heh heh) :D *claps*
Y'know, this is exactly what I like about your stories, you write about these really small, everyday kind of events and put a little twist into them. What I really liked about this one was the fact that you constantly lull us into this false sense of security and then shatter it. Like first we're on the pier, and it all seems nice, and then Rogue starts acting rather weird - then its a dream, and Rems wakes up and Rogue's acting all normal. And then we get into this cozy, lovey-dovey part and it's all nice and fluffable, and with that last sentence you turn the whole story over on its head. And you end up having this really uneasy feeling in your gut, like a premonition.
I loved the idea of the dream and its symbolism. I've always been interested in dream imagery, I used to record my dreams obssessively at one point. They really are very story-like in an off-keel kind of way, like watching a Tim Burton movie. I like the way you incorporate that.
The thing that really got me was the fact that everything was so normal, in that naturally, both of them are going to feel weird being powerless, and that even though this is an ordinary feeling, Remy feels uneasy with it. If any of us could fly like Rogue could, we'd all miss it, right? But you give that impulsion to fly this really quirky, slightly sinister air, like those beautiful but freaky Victorian children's dolls that you were always scared would come to life. Or maybe that was just me.
Anyhoo, I love it! A definite fave. :D
BJ2 chapter 1 . 1/6/2004
O... very nice! It has a nice dangerous little edge to it. Well done.
Candice chapter 1 . 1/5/2004
Woah, that was kind of haunting. And a great side story. It's nice to see Remy finally think of how Rogue might feel about losing her powers. I always thought he was kind of ignoring her feelings there and lost in his own self-pity.