Reviews for Uncaged
gginsc chapter 5 . 10/9/2014
Sad that Eowyn dies. Why did Arwen leave? I don't think Aragorn will last much past his son's majority. Good story.
MlleGigi chapter 5 . 6/23/2014
Great minds must think alike...for I, too, think that Eowyn might very well have eventually suffered a fate similar to that of both Faramir's mother and her own if she had married Aragorn. It's clear from the books that Eowyn is a very passionate person who's not really capable of meekly and passively resigning herself to a fate which is not of her choosing or which goes against her inclination. However, it's equally clear that she's prone to sink into despair when she feels herself restricted too tightly - both right before and right after the Battle of the Pelennor Fields, she sees herself as deprived of all reason for hope because Aragorn doesn't return her feelings and also doesn't see her much differently from the way that her uncle and brother do (as a woman who is not equipped to fight and who cannot aspire to glory of her own).
FemaleSpock chapter 5 . 7/3/2012
Beautifully sad! Love it!
elanor of aquitania chapter 5 . 5/14/2012
Haunting story. I like your writing style and how the characters feel still somehow true to Tolkien's story.

Thank you for sharing.

In the beginning I felt reminded of the Lancelot-Guinivere story.
Skyler VonDetton chapter 5 . 8/25/2007
Hmm...not what I was expecting... It seemed almost soap opera in some spots but I understand, its tricky to write something like this. But its a nice story.
Rana Ninque chapter 5 . 9/7/2005
This story was beautifully tragic. I liked the way you expressed Eowyn's release. At first I felt that she never got a chance to be free, but then I realized that when she died her soul passed into her daughter's body, and she lived freely in Emyn Arnen like she had wanted to. I really liked the way you expressed Aragorn's emotions in this. He had so much emotion surrounding him, yet he managed to still teter between breaking and not (Personally, in his position, I would have gone over the edge a long time ago :-)). He was compassionant, yet stern and unforgiving, the way he always has been. He's such a hard character to express, but you did a good job. The one big thing that you did with him was you portrayed the way he cut off from everything. He pretended that everything was fine, but inside he was very emotionally estrained from everyone surrounding him, even his own wife. I could go on forever on the portrayal of Aragorn, as well as the other characters, but I won't. Great story. I now see why so many people think that Caged and Uncaged are the best E/F out there.

Love,

Rana
cleasmile chapter 5 . 12/20/2004
This story has been haunting me ever since I read it, it was so superbly done that for a few moments I actually would have believed it was Tolkein's true ending for Eowyn (obviously not true, but you know...)Eowyn got what she thought she wanted her whole life, yet that was her own undoing. I loved when Eowyn talked back to Aragorn about how it was his fault that the marriage failed, and that Aragorn's reaction was that it was just her "breeding hormones" really showed how naive he was to who she really was. That just further showed the real boundaries of hte marriage: Aragorn was placed on a pedestal, and Eowyn was placed by Aragorn into a role he expected a queen to fill

It's stories like these that make me pray to God that Arwen was placed with Aragorn, rather than have the outcome be Eowyn in Tolkein's early sketches. You accentuated all the reasons why Eowyn was so wrong for Aragon so wonderfully, like their age difference and the fact that there was no TRUE love.

Having to see Faramir without Eowyn was heartbreaking, but there weren't really any other options on how to end this story on a happier note. I'm glad Aragorn just about forgave Faramir, and I think toward the end he did realize that Faramir was the one that Eowyn was always supposed to be with, for he himself closed his heart off to anyone once Arwen had left, and she was irreplacable. (Hm...since in the world of this story Faramir's now 'single' would he mind me mending his broken heart?)

I was glad that through all the AU elements in this story you kept Faramir true to his character, and Aragorn true to Arwen. This should wreck anyone's childish opinion that Eowyn belongs to Aragorn.

(this story has been out for a year and this probably won't be read, but I just had to express my love of this story, which is now on my favorites list.)

Cleasmile ;)
Nadja Lee chapter 5 . 11/10/2004
Sad but wonderfully done.
Daughter of Olorin chapter 5 . 7/29/2004
Another wonderful idea for an AU, although I would loved to have seen it gone beyond the seven or so months that she and Faramir had known they were in love. I thought it very interesting and appropriate when Faramir mused that Eowyn would share his mother’s fate (I assume that's what happened when she died in the end). “I would like him for breakfast
Vane Alasse chapter 5 . 7/11/2004
Wow.

What else can I say?

Wow.

This is so good! You ended it so well, too. I loved how you had Aragorn forgive Faramir. Perfect.

Have you considered doing a sequel with Finduilas growing up in Ithilien...or her romance when she's grown up? Would be very cool...

Wow again!

~Vané Alasse
azure orbis chapter 4 . 5/16/2004
NO! Eowyn dies! NO! NO!
ally chapter 1 . 5/16/2004
Lovely story...it made me understand the love between gwenivere and lancelot- I used to despise that story so much, but now I understand...I think maybe she was trapped 2...
Kaz chapter 5 . 4/4/2004
OMG ive just read Caged and uncaged in a day I got so into them. I really wasnt expecting the ending came as quite a shock! lol
That was an incredibly powerful and moving fioc and I guess I really couldnt see how it could have ended happily. One question who was the woman with Faramir at the end? lol u see my mind starts to wander then if it hadnt been for her question lol
Guess im still suspicious of cover ups (comes from being an X-files fan) and that would have been one way to have done it - Okay now u can see how sad i am i just cant bear the thought of E&F not being together untill old age! lol
I paticually liked the last line about how the baby would not share her fate.
Loved your characterisation, all I can say now is just aswell Arwen didnt leave for everyones sakes!
Oh look how ive rambled! lol
Love Kaz