Reviews for The Golden Persimmon
Sakura Kaoru-Chan chapter 1 . 3/2/2008
nice
emptyword chapter 1 . 2/28/2007
How could anyone not enjoy seeing their favorite anime characters inserted into this myth? Persimmons are so much tastier and eating one a day keeps the hormones in sway! :/ No snickering.

"'Even King Saitoh?' The youth asked." - Hah. Someone's obsessed...
redlettergirl chapter 1 . 2/19/2005
Lovely lovely ending hon. I applaud!
Engel Star 13 chapter 1 . 7/12/2004
HAHA! i like this story of urs, i feel sorry 4 Sano though. Update real soon, that is if U want 2 _ R&R my stories will ya!_!
sekihoutai chapter 1 . 6/29/2004
:O Highly amusing.

Poor Sano. Now, is this going to have more chapters? Mwahaha. If it does, then it'll be fun -and- update soon.

...yay...
monsley chapter 1 . 3/30/2004
Hee... that was random. And majorly cute.
SAYO? Evilevilevilevilevil woman!
Though Yumi *is* very, very beautiful. If only she'd lose the green lipstick... Colour-blind animators and their weird ideas...
Love,
_Meg.
Shihali chapter 1 . 2/9/2004
This is pure silliness! As for Eris, maybe you could cast Kamatari as the Goddess(?) of Discord - she certainly causes enough trouble!
Trupana chapter 1 . 1/13/2004
Hey!
Are you saying that Kenshin would cheat on Kaoru, since you put Kenshin as Zeus? And you mention the white bull...was that a reference to Io, the woman who Zeus liked but Hera turned into a bull? Hehe.
Another tour de force from Megumi. I *love* how you portray her. She's absolutely wonderful, and perfectly casted as the Goddess of Beauty. :D I especially love how "She had a life. Many lives..."
You know what, I'm really glad you put Aoshi as Ares, the god of war, because Ares and Aphrodite were actually "married"; they had three children together, apparently. That is great! More Aoshi/Meguminess, even if you didn't mean for that to happen. ;D
This has to be one of my favorite stories. Fractured fairy tales are always the funniest. Everyone is perfectly cast, although I had to snicker when I realized Misao was Athene. "Keeper of Wisdom and stuff" indeed.
And I agree with a previous reviewer. Sano's the only guy stupid enough to cause the Trojan War. That is, the stupidity and the overactive hormones. Although, did you HAVE to put Sayo as Sano's wife? And make YUMI the most beautiful woman in the world?
I CAN see Sano drowning in a pool of his own spit after seeing Megumi. Heh.
By the way, I might take a page out of your book and do an RK styled Greek myth sometime, if you don't mind. I think it'd be great!
~Tru
Bad Notions chapter 1 . 1/10/2004
Too funny! I love your take on Greek Mythology! Will we get to see your version of the Trojan war? Hope so! This one's a winner!
Fyyrrose chapter 1 . 1/9/2004
*sadistic grin* It's me! First off hun, there were no golden apples in Greece either. These came from a special tree in Africa, and there were only four that this tree ever produced. One seen here in the fic, and three for Heracles' quest. LOL it was funny to see Kenshin as Zeus, but he would have made a horrible king! But then thinking of who Kenshin would have better fit makes my brain hurt. Too many traits on both sides to think about, it becomes confusing and murky. So I don't _ I love Eris, she is my favorite goddess! Mayhem and destruction all the way baby! Sano would have to play the prince, he's the only one stupid enough for the task.
Two things about Greek myth, I know I feel you groaning with the lesson, but 1) Eris is Ares' twin _ and 2) Alexander was a common name that bards used when telling their stories, so when they became text, scribs either used one or the other, so it really depends on the translation and other things, but that's a rant in a half. I think you should do the Trojan war, or at least another parody! You'd be great! And I must say it is an interesting title. I like it, works for me, but if I were Eris I would have made sure it was still in its green stage, and since it's a golden one...*whistles* no one will notice, and Eris/I would be laughing even harder.
MistyKoopa chapter 1 . 1/7/2004
Wow, this is actually pretty good. Learning about this myth before we read the Oddessy, I knew what to expect. Though Misao in a way would make a good Eris... On the other hand, 2 certain ninja women would make an interisting Eris. Bah, still really good. Go boring me liking Greek mythology with a Japanese twist.
CeeCee chapter 1 . 1/7/2004
I found this to be a very fun and thoughtful fic! Don't worry, I've heard of the myth before, and it was cool watching rk fit into its format. I dunno about apples in japan, but there are fuji apples (my favorite)... so i'd have to think about that..._
Hehe, yep, I have officially died from , and will be dead a while longer. Hopefully, i can find time to read your eevee fic! great work!
Poppy2 chapter 1 . 1/6/2004
lol, so in stead of the Trojan War we have the Sekihoutai War? Sorry 'bout the spelling. Anyway, a very cute concept. I enjoyed reading it.
Wistful-Eyes chapter 1 . 1/6/2004
Ha! Right when I read the summary, I just KNEW the mortal would be Sano! The idea of combining Greek myths with RuroKen sounds really fun. I've read lots of myths, but this Golden Apple one I've never heard of before, tho I have heard of Helen of Troy of course. This'll be good.