Reviews for The Language of Closed Doors
SpicyNavel chapter 1 . 1/7/2010
Wow. That was probably the most amazing Sou-fic I have ever read. I don't say that lightly. I really do hope this talent goes towards original work, because I swear I would buy it. The sensory description really helps you understand what he's going through, and, as others said, makes you feel that Soujirou and Shishio are real people. Amazing work.
Kokari chapter 1 . 4/14/2007
that was pretty interesting.

i like how u wrote it.

i hope u continue writing!_!
Animegoil chapter 1 . 3/12/2007
Oh, GORGEOUS. You've re-ignited my love for Soujirou and the beautiful tragic soul he is. And you made me like Shishio.

Gorgeous descriptions, and beautifully subtle, vivid language. Really, really gorgeous.
Domenic chapter 1 . 9/10/2006
Going on favorites (since I keep looking at it so often).
Mellifluence chapter 1 . 12/5/2005
This is the best Soujiro introspection piece I have ever encountered! I was especially blown away by the subtlety of the images within the words...

A brilliant character study that truly expresses the quintessence of Soujiro.
ESP chapter 1 . 8/20/2005
This deserves all the reviews in the world. The most amazing introspection of Soujiro I have ever encountered. Your imagination is astounding, and the creative, original situation of painful psuedo-affection is more enthralling and more easily identified with than the general "Soujiro-being-beaten-then-raped". Your portrayal of Shishio is inspired, and the relationship between them feels real. I'm going to see what else you have written. I pray you've got more things in fandoms I read, because your lyrical, precise writing is beautiful.
audsome chapter 1 . 11/3/2004
oi... that was weird. but it was.. weird. I thought about that collared shirt once but then never again gave it thought so i was wondering what kind of thing you wrote.

i thought it might be funny.. not serious.

at first i didn't understand what was going on but towards the end i did.

it was weird how he just bore throught his adopted mother's fingers on his back, bringing him so much pain. but then thats sou-chan for ya.

this was interesting and now i'll never look at sou-chans shirt the same.
Dishabille chapter 1 . 10/12/2004
Excellent Soujirou pieces are rare, and yours is one of them. You chose quite a unique theme for a Soujirou story (most focus dully on his wanderings post-Shishio), and have laid it out beautifully, poignant to a level where it is inspirational, indeed. I have yet to read your other Soujirou story, but I do look forward to it.

Do write more Rurouni Kenshin fan-fiction. This story has been added to my C2 archive, Rurouni Revival.
Merit Somnia chapter 1 . 3/19/2004
This was very well written and was an interesting piece of writing. The way you explained why he wears the collared shirt was done wondefully. This was great, you made both Shishio and Soujirou real in my eyes and you protrayed them realistic and very much in character.
Gigabomb chapter 1 . 1/16/2004
Shishio is my favorite character in Rurouni Kenshin (Saito is a close second) and I always love stories about him and Soujiro, or him and Yumi, especially if they put him in a semi-good light as this does, but not totally OOC. Please write more.
Night-Owl123 chapter 1 . 1/6/2004