Reviews for No Place to Run, No Where to Hide
Barb85 chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
I found, I read, I enjoyed. :)
Jennifer chapter 1 . 1/28/2006
This is a great little story. I can't think of anything to make it better. I really like things that are short and feel entirely complete at the same time.
Keerawa chapter 1 . 12/23/2005
I love this piece! Caleb is a fine and believable character. The other reviewer was right to describe him as a hero. His take on seeing the "impossible" as the Lord's miracles fits with how he was raised.

I loved his description of the battle, "as if they were angels of light and darkness dueling for the sake of one immortal soul."

One tiny quibble. You tend to use ... quite a bit in your writing. They worked well for Fitzcairn's internal dialogue, but didn't "sound" right for Caleb when I read this piece. I've noticed the same issue in some of your longer pieces, as well. You might want to do an editing pass to replace ... with , . or ; as appropriate.
Undead American chapter 1 . 12/16/2005
I scrolled down to read this after I saw the teaser for "A Place Called Home." I really like this-although I think it would be good if it were merged with "A Place Called Home"-both would be easier to notice that way.

Some neat things:

- I like that the mortal, Caleb, was the real hero/main character of the story for a change. Duncan and other immortals are great heroes, but it's cool to root for the common man once in a while.

- I like the respectfful way you present Caleb's character. Often when educated writers write about rural people, they can be belittling, condescending, and even outright hostile, but you portray Caleb as wise, brave, virtuous, and caring. He and Millie were both awesome characters.
Larissa chapter 1 . 2/17/2004
This is a great story. Your characters stay true to the way they are on TV. You are a great writer, it flows great.
elle-nora chapter 1 . 2/7/2004
What? No reviews for this early piece of fan fiction? Is it that bad? I know it is not as complicated as other pieces... but surely someone has an opinion about it!
As the site says: It is extremely helpful to use this opportunity to comment on an aspect of the story that can be improved. A well rounded critique is often the most rewarding tool for the writer.