Reviews for Concerning Providence
writertron chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
that's quite beautiful...
thesunwillshineclear chapter 1 . 2/27/2011
I love everything about thorns having roses. Great job!
Bluebonnet Clover chapter 1 . 11/16/2004
San Antonio Rose, this tale simply amazes me! Not only is it a well-written, lovely glimpse into post-Scouring life, but it shows an amazing insight into the deep spiritual truths that influenced the Professor’s own writing. Logic, order, method – and yes, much faith – these are qualities I love about your writing (not to mention our favorite LOTR characters).

I also love Sam’s comment about roses and thorns – and was he also referring to his own Rosie: complaining because of her faults, or delighting instead on her good qualities? I’d always wondered where that quotation had originated, and now I know!

Your story inspires me to look for God’s hand in all circumstances and to recognize His merciful intervention even in the worst of events.

Thank you, Rose, for another blessing! Keep serving God and writing for His glory!
Frodo's sister chapter 1 . 8/8/2004
It is a good story. I like how Frodo helped Sam see the good in everything.
KMC2 chapter 1 . 1/9/2004
An interesting look at the concept of the possibility of good arising out of evil. The idea that things do happen for a purpose...even if that purpose is not always clear at the time.
And the Monkees reference...Sam thinking he should have stayed in bed.."a pillow wrapped aroung my head...instead of waking up to find...a nightmare of a different kind..."
G chapter 1 . 1/7/2004
Very well written story in regards to Romans 8:28!
Frodo's dialogue musings on the subject are intriguing, in addition to being a very real and honest analyzation of the good/evil in various circumstances. The part about Sam and Rosie was cute :)
Frodo Silverlune chapter 1 . 1/7/2004
very cool! since I have never read Tolkien's other books besides the trillogy and the hobbit, i was wondering if he ever mentions the One, or if you made it up!
It's so cool, though, how you wrote an entire fiction on Romans 8:28! I'm a born-again Christian, and so I appreciate this very much! I applaud you!
I've written The Night of a Thousand Stars, with a Biblical illustration of God's love and faithfulness, and the healing he gives, featuring Frodo and Bilbo. Sam is not a main character, but he's there.