Reviews for De mortuis and then some
Draconian666 chapter 1 . 6/16
Very poignt, I carnt help but feel that Hermione would indeed be this way if Harry had died and albus survived.
JaneDoh0 chapter 1 . 5/3
I can't believe I haven't reviewed this before! This is an absolute classic story. I love how you characterize Albus as afraid to die, since he will have to answer to all the people he wronged in life. I also love how you have Hermione save Severus from him, and your characterization of Severus as bitter because in truth he was a damaged softie. The last line is perfect, and is what I remember about the story after all these years.
ashir chapter 1 . 4/30/2015
This is one of the stories that stay with you. The idea of Albus being afraid to face the people who have passed on is very poignant.
Cecily Mitchell chapter 1 . 4/23/2014
Yeppers. Hermione would know exactly who to blame.
Dude Lika Ninja chapter 1 . 5/7/2013
This was interesting. I liked the characterization you took on Albus and Hermione. It was different but I liked it. Nice job with this.
Terahlyanwe chapter 1 . 12/12/2012
I approve most heartily of this! Dumbledore was always ridiculously...set in his worldview, to put it mildly. gah, I can't stand him most of the time.
Whisper Gypsy chapter 1 . 8/3/2012
I loved how dark you made this, while keeping all light appearances. And Severus blossoming out from under Dumbledore's thumb was a nice touch.
PhenioxGypsy chapter 1 . 5/19/2012
very interesting look on it but even with all these great fics about dumbledore dead or about to be dead i still have a hard time thing of him dead because personally i think he is to manipulitive to die but i do like your story
Los Grotos chapter 1 . 6/8/2011
Spirits are rather vengeful beings.
Rhyselle chapter 1 . 12/18/2010
There's a problem with there being over 500,000 Harry Potter fanfictions out there; it means that I end up missing some extraordinary fics in the sheer volume of stuff!

I'm so glad that I found this one, even if it was by accident. An excellent read, with story internal character consistency, and exceptional POV use. Many tales of this sort would have put the POV in Hermione's or Severus' head, but by keeping it in Dumbledore's, you made ever so effective!

I love the idea of Hermione "rescuing" Severus from Albus, and the thought that, at last, Severus got the good things he really wanted that he'd been denied all his life before. He most definitely is a romantic-the most painful kind, the kind whose romanticism was denied all it desired-all because of Albus' "greater good".

I love the courage you gave Hermione here. A true Gryffindor to the end; she doesn't waste her opportunity to finally tell Dumbledore off. (I never quite understood why, if Albus was the greatest wizard of his age, he just didn't deal with Voldemort outright-horcruxes or not. But I won't get into that diatribe here.)

Thank you very much for sharing this exceptional story. Well done!

(And now I'm going to go see what other fics you have on the site...)
anemix chapter 1 . 7/19/2010
I really like the dark humor in this, and the unique perspective it's written from. Keep writing!

(\/)

( . .)

c(")(")

BUNNY
Cook chapter 1 . 7/28/2009
Amazing. The story really made me sad. And that's really saying something.
makaem chapter 1 . 4/23/2009
Wow. Not too fond of Dumbledore I take it. That was awesome. Did Snape hear what she whispered?
fragonknight01 chapter 1 . 2/9/2009
I like this one. Normally people who give Hermione and Snape a go do some bonding over stupid Harry and Ron jokes... The thing that really puts this firmly in my fav list though is that you gave Harry three queens to carry him to Avalon, turned Snape into a happy well-respected man, and then gave Albus his pudding after clearing his plate like a good child should.
Krista chapter 1 . 9/9/2008
this was beautifully written. And I love you characterization of Hermoine.
47 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »