Reviews for Names
NotedStrangePerson chapter 1 . 8/13/2008
Nice idea to have a Hellsing fanfic from the POV of Integra's mother. The final lines are particularly good.
Spaleween chapter 1 . 5/4/2007
That was quite nice actually.

This fic caught my eye because of the word, 'Ina' and just like what a fellow reviewer said, is also the Filipino word for 'mother'. So what I want to ask is where you got the name from, is it from the Filipino language or another language?

I was supposed to ask if it was Sanskrit, but I don't know if Sanskrit is only in writing or a language in itself.

One more thing, I find it strange that the tone of her voice was so calm and thoughtful when she is in the middle of giving birth. She's experiencing terrible pain and is bleeding to death, and yet she managed to think about the past so calmly. I haven't had the displeasure of giving to birth, but I did read a novel by Ken Follett, 'Lie Down with Lions', which had a part where the female English protagonist was giving birth in a primitive valley in Afghanistan with the native midwife and her assistant. Yes, it's a far cry from a modern hospital in a city, but still, your character's thoughts are a bit off from a woman dying as she gives birth to a child.

At least that's what I think. Other than that, it's nice.

Cheers.
Nessie chapter 1 . 11/12/2005
That was extremely touching. I really liked it, even though I found it extrodinarily sad. Fantastic, but, again, sad.

Very well written. I enjoyed it so much. Keep writing, you have a knack for Hellsing fics.
StrangeSingaporean chapter 1 . 5/14/2005
Perfect. Perfect and refreshing.
JesusIsInHeavenNow chapter 1 . 2/25/2005
..I found you on now, I shall stalk you X3

Oh,before you report me to police or something for stalking, IHito-chan. Y'know, that wierd AXS fangirl who got rather upset over how PXS was to be true? (By the way, I've come to accept it. Its so cute once you get used to it! )

Heh. Anyways, this is great. You most certainly are a wonderful writer..and I feel so ignorant now, to find you're one of the most revered Hellsing fanfiction writers, and to not have known ...
Kabocha chapter 1 . 12/4/2004
hm, I feel quite the same way about names. I like it. A lot. Bravo.
Degan chapter 1 . 9/14/2004
You do first person very well. That is something I'm still having a bit of trouble with.
Jinn chapter 1 . 9/7/2004
Not as brilliant as the rest of your fics, but it's ok. The last line is quite chilling.
Random Fan of Hojo chapter 1 . 6/29/2004
I love your attention to detail on the differences between religious views. "If my father was right I will watch over you in Heaven", and "if my mother was I will probably be reborn.." This has a very melancholy tone in it. I like the premonitions that Ina-good name, BTW. You really pay attention to these details. _ Anyway, I like her premonitions that foreshadow Integra's (speaking of names, I'm sorry I refer to her improperly, I kind of mix Japanese and English versions together. OO) ability to lead.

Again on atmosphere, it's very mellow, and it's written very passively, going together with the mother's unfortunately traditional role. It seems as if she's already fading-for whatever reason it reminded me of Lucrecia from FFVII, but anyway-; Beautiful, tearful fic. I must read more. _
Fufu Gal chapter 1 . 4/22/2004
Oh, that last line is wonderful, such a loaded sentiment... This was very emotional, and while (as you've pointed out) there's no way to write Integral's mother in character I think you've made an awesome guess. There is one point when she is describing Lionel,
"Lionel was an honorable man… but he had several skeletons in his closet that he didn’t want to share with anyone. Even with me. I could smell the fear he had for the future of our child." I know why you used past tense, but I think saying that he IS an honorable man would work better, unless her sentiments have changed since that memory... Anyway, this is great!
Zachiel chapter 1 . 4/6/2004
Too much Tolkien mm? That means Integral will go kinslaying like Feanor...? *looks to Richard* Er... good analogy ;)
You know I hate melodramatic stuff, but at least this one was written in an original way.
I detected some typos, though. Search another beta reader, girl.
Sensoo chapter 1 . 3/19/2004
This was touching. The role of the mother is always something you wonder about when dealing with what is inside a character's head. (At least, for me, having taken psychology and having been subjected to numerous Freudian theories...Blecch...)
With a woman as strong as Integra, I cannot help but wonder what kind of mother she had, especially because she is never mentioned. It was interesting to read, and very befitting, because it seems that if a girl does not have a mother, but a strong father...she grows up strong, though not as balanced as she would be with two parents.
Sorry, I'm waxing psychological and I better stop because...yea.
I liked it.
Drachen chapter 1 . 3/16/2004
Aw... that was really good. Very sad, yet uplifting. I never really gave Integral's mother a fleeting thought...this was nice.
Gish chapter 1 . 1/17/2004
It's very good. An interesting perspective and very realistic.
One question: Are you sir_hellsing from the Hellsing lj group?
KharBevNor chapter 1 . 1/8/2004
:claps: marvellous. A highly original and evocative piece. I commend you.