Reviews for In the Dead of Night
CronoCat chapter 1 . 1/10/2004
Hmm...I liked that, though I never read Ride On, Cowboy. lol, but it was still good. Jet and Faye seemed mostly in character to me-I like to think there's more to Jet than just the gruff front you see in the show. Sometimes you get glimpses that there's a lot more he's feeling that's hidden, so I didn't think he was out of character at all. An interesting idea-that Julia understood Spike and that's why he loved her. But it seems to me, at least here in your fic, that it's Faye who REALLY understands him. (That could be because I like S/F stuff, but oh well...lol) Anyway, good job! You have a nice writing style. ~CronoCat _
Arashi-Chan13 chapter 1 . 1/9/2004
Yes! I've been waiting for this one! And so far it is awesome _ Jet is not out of character either. I thought he was very believable. Write more! *cough* *cough* no rush, though...
Rashaka chapter 1 . 1/8/2004
::glomps you::
This is very enjoyable!
I liked Faye's best, because it felt the most like a real conversation, whereas the latter half of Jet's seemed a bit too consciously organized. But really, I'm nitpicking. It's was swell. Faye just appeals to me so much when her voice is done well in fanfic, as it is here.
LivEviL chapter 1 . 1/8/2004
I liked this a lot. You write quite original and thought-provoking ficlets I've decided. Yes, I've finally seen a few episodes of Cowboy Bebop, and I have also seen the movie. (Though the show is much, much better...)
I saw the episode where they show how Jet lost his arm. You won't believe how excited I was to know exactly AND be able to picture what you were talking about.
Jet wasn't exactly out of character, in my opinion. Maybe a little, because he showed some more emotion in the fic than he does in the show, but I like to think his gruffness (is that a word?) in the show is just a cover-up for his worry and fatherly nature. Woohoo!
My favorite line was about death being easy, and life being hard. It's quite true.
Thanks for another great piece of reading material and thanks for many other things...
~LivEviL
Pimpin Satan chapter 1 . 1/8/2004
Am I the first to review?
That was really good.
Jet was pretty accurate. He would have little moments like that on the show...they all did, that's what gave you that connection to them all.
I liked it when you had Jet say that it took Faye's arrival on the ship to find out about Spike's past.
I think that it's because Faye understands Spike too...she's just frustrated that she can't make him see it and he's frustrated because he doesn't want to see what he knows is there. That's why they fight so much.