Reviews for This is My Life
JMJV chapter 2 . 2/11/2004
:D I love this story, Nase is such a cool girl and you've portrayed her well. Good work
harunekonya chapter 2 . 2/11/2004
Yay! You updated.
The first chapter was kinda uneventful because it's just reiterating what was in the manga, but this one is interesting. I like how you portray Nase.
Don't stop writing this. Your writing style is distinctive and interesting, which is something I like especially.
And I like Nase's thoughts in the middle of the story. It's funny.
More!
Lyi chapter 2 . 1/31/2004
The girls in Hikaru no Go do get shortshifted, so it's refreshing to see a fic on one of them. It helps that Nase is also my favorite of the girls. I'm interested in seeing how the story develops (i.e. is it just me or does Nase have a soft spot for Isumi?) from here, but I have some qualms about your characterization of Nase, namely that she seems rather more belligerent (and bitter too, sometimes) than what we see of her in the manga warrants. But, as another reviewer pointed out, since we do see so little of her in the manga, her character is open for interpretation, so kudos for making the effort of fleshing Nase out for the rest of us fans, and doing a pretty decent job at that.
Kamitra chapter 2 . 1/25/2004
It's official: You HAVE to continue this fic. I love the second chapter!
Crovelle chapter 2 . 1/23/2004
Kewl~! I'm glad someone finally wrote a decent fic on Nase. I love your characterizations, and her 'inner thoughts' in brackets are SO cute!
Next chapter will be longer? (*_* hopeful gleams) D
Aeris chapter 2 . 1/21/2004
Nice chapter, although a bit short, but quite insightful... Not as simple as we may think, eh? Hehe I really hope so! Please continue! _
hattuteline chapter 2 . 1/21/2004
Nase is one very underrated character in the manga, so thanks for doing a favour to her with the fic. :) It's a good story so far.
Main and the only problem is the shortness of the whole thing after only two chaps. It's pretty much impossible to see how it all will turn out to be... But it's certainly very promising.
Aquarei chapter 2 . 1/20/2004
Maa maa.. haven't reviewed for almost a year now ##~but then I saw your little chinese input and just couldn't resist
Xin nian kuai le~ wan shi ru yi~ gong xi fa cai~
about the hong bao~ hahahaha~ is my review enough?
Nice story btw~ and then I'm talking about the story as a story: a story about a not-so-popular character. I usually like these a lot, because not just anyone writes about such characters
Nase is a nice girl I think~ there isn't very much said about her in the anime, which is both good and bad - hard to characterize maybe, but it gives the author a lot of freedom
Though personally, I prefer Kaneko~ her conversations with mitani~ha! they're just wonderful! a perfect break from the hikaru-go-hikaru-go-akira-go-go-go-go-sai-go-go pattern ne
The game that nase played with honda-kun? Oh, I remember it all too well~ it kind of left an impression, the things that Nase said afterwards-that she wouldn't stop playing because she could play games like that~ Really nice said~
I don't really like IIjima very much, but then again, he's another one of those sub-characters that the author can do pretty much with~ so it's up to you I guess P
Nice sensei btw! _ he feels like something between the honinbou (kuwabara?##~ don't remember his name) and ogata juudan~ something with the sarcasm, the amusement he shows, and his way of giving Nase a pat on the head~
ooh... ##~ just realized that I have been babbling a lot ##~
ah well~ hope you don't mind
Ganbatte ne!
/Pol
fascimility chapter 2 . 1/20/2004
I love your characterisation of Nase. I feel you manage to capture her mood and attitude perfectly. The scene with her teacher was very well done and the conversation was natural.
Wonderful job! Please continue this! I love it.
fascimility chapter 1 . 1/20/2004
*smacks head*
How, just how did I miss this fic? Argh, damn me, and I have been complaining about how there aren't any good fics around. (Ok, that's an exaggerationn, but... )
Anyway, I'd just like to say that I like this fic A LOT. You're right, not many fics deal with Nase. Fluid decriptions and appriopriate pacing, this was a good read! :)
Nataku-kun chapter 2 . 1/19/2004
*sigh* damn, and I really thought it would be good for them to be together *sigh* Great chappie though! yes Nase... Kill Shidou... anywayz...I forgot wat I was about to say... oh well, doesn't matta, nice! Update!
WhereIsMyBacon chapter 2 . 1/19/2004
X3X3
Nase is such a kick-ass girl But too bad they don't give the girls enough credit in Hikago. I mean come on! Umezawa Yukari is a girl dammit! It just puts people off...
Oh well, what was I on about...the characterisation of Nase's sensei is very nice, and I love Nase's attitude.
Ganbatte on the next chap!
Nataku-kun chapter 1 . 1/15/2004
After actually finishing volume 18, I've decided... IIJIMA AND NASE ARE MENT TO BE TOGETHER! *goes starry-eyed* YEP! And I hope Hikaru and Akira end up together, I find something wrong wif Akari for some reason... YES! NO WAYA AND ISUMI! FOR ONCE! I luv this chapter, it has great outlining of Nase's character, plz continue!
Aeris chapter 1 . 1/10/2004
Finally! A Nase-centered fic that actually HAS a good storyline and grammar. I've been waiting for quite a while for fics that would give insight on Nase; I think she's very interesting, it's just too bad that she wasn't given that much importance in the manga (dang it!).
I also like how you portrayed Nase in your story. Although the manga did not give a very definite info about Nase's personality, I still think the way Nase acts in your fic is just right for her (although a bit on the oblivious side, *hintiijimahint* hehehe _).
And lastly, I think it's a good idea to not focus on the love relationships...yet. It's good to build up Nase's character first and see how she interacts with other people one step at a time.
Anyway, please do continue. I'm really looking forward for the next chapter. Good luck!
WhereIsMyBacon chapter 1 . 1/9/2004
Haha Nase is such a lovely character, she's my favourite girl character in HnG (Akari is a bit of an airhead...), but seeing that there are only two main ones, it really isn't saying much.
Anyways, I found your fic gave some pretty interesting insight (and to add amusing) into Nase's thoughts, expecially about Harumi (XD). This chapter was really about what happened in manga 18 right? So it was kinda predictable, but you're gonna continue, so that's good.
The two (CUTE CUTE CUTE!) young insei are called Shouji (The spiky haired one) and Oka (the black-haired one).
Sal