Reviews for Cloak of Courage
This is better than the original series!
hilster72 chapter 27 . 3/7
Terrific. Gripping. Marvellous job! Thankyou
hilster72 chapter 6 . 3/6
Am thoroughly enjoying this so far! You've captured the characters' voices perfectly!
Scurrying off to read some more...yay!
Brittabritt chapter 27 . 2/8
I absolutely loved this story! It was the best SS/HG story I have ever read. The Call of the Blood was a great idea and the way your wove this into your story was incredible. Though, I would have loved an epilogue further into the future... Thank you for writing this. Good luck in your future fiction writing endeavors.
I want to like this story so much but it is SO FRUSTRATING that it's all italicized. It makes it hard to read.
doctorhodes chapter 27 . 12/14/2013
Awesome story, and far and away the most successful dark story I've read. Too often dark stories, even ones that attempt to embrace the darkness (maybe even especially those), are simply cliches. Darkness (or simply squick) for the sake of it. This story seems to me to say there isn't a difference between light and dark beyond what you make of it. Which I tend to believe.

I feel like your portrayal of Dumbledore may especially show that, perhaps oddly enough. I dislike the character, myself, as a general rule, partly for his treatment of Snape and partly for being so willing to treat people like chess pieces.* I've always seen him as a glaring example of the light being no better than the dark. However, you portrayed him as, almost literally, warm and calculating. Usually when Dumbledore is portrayed in a generally positive way, he's a personification of the light, in direct juxtaposition to Voldemort as personification of the dark.

I know it's been a very long time since you wrote this, but I still wanted to share my thoughts.

*I haven't really read the books nor seen the movies-I I'm just a fan fiction fan. So my impression may be wrong. As a
kittyperry chapter 27 . 10/10/2013
Wonderful. This story has been on my mind for a while and it was a pleasure to re-read it. I loved how the darkness of the Call changed Hermione and how it impacted on Severus and Hermione's relationship. It goes so far in explaining why his character does the things he does sometimes.
llorolalluvia chapter 11 . 10/7/2013
Aw man! I am so consumed with this story! It's stunning and brilliant and I have stayed up all night reading it in lieu of homework :/ (it is literally 8a.m. where I live) but now I'm sad because I want to find your extended version of this chapter but am having no luck with those other sites!
llorolalluvia chapter 1 . 10/6/2013
BAH! I just found this fic, and I have to say that I have never been more drawn in by an opening chapter. You have a gift and I can't wait to see what else you have in store for us.
Muggles chapter 27 . 8/30/2013
Excellent story! Very consistent with your Call of Blood idea.
Innocently-sassy chapter 11 . 7/30/2013
Normally I don't review mid story, but I gotta give you some major kudos for this chapter. The ceremony was so well written and believable. It's the best wedding ceremony vows I've read thus far! I know it's been years since you've written this, so not sure you'll see it, but if anyone is skimming through reviews to see if a story is worth reading, thus far it definitely is!
Errant Thought chapter 27 . 4/19/2013
I have read this twice and I really enjoyed it. I finally created an account so I can do more than anonymous reviews. I thought I'd come back and tell you how much I liked this story.
Aisha04 chapter 27 . 4/10/2013
This was a very intriguing story. I loved it
Aisha04 chapter 19 . 4/10/2013
Amazing concept
Iris chapter 3 . 2/24/2013
I've read this story at least 20 times. I love it. It is my favorite :) so well-written and such a great story.