Reviews for Welcome to the Dollhouse
Herebedragons66 chapter 1 . 3/27/2011
iSeverus' own life, as he remembers it, is worth approximately thirty house-points and a week's detention./i

This brought me to tears.

Nicely done.
Name chapter 1 . 11/4/2009
Oh wow, this is amazing.

I really like how you showed Snape's inner thoughts and exactly how he had felt. How you used the dollhouse to symbolize his internal battle with himself; it's genius!

Congratulations on a job well done.
RiverChild7 chapter 1 . 1/2/2008

I do believe that's the most chillingly clinical freakish brilliant lines I've ever read. Brilliant.
bundlesojoy chapter 1 . 10/28/2006
creepy, but great. really, really good.
Cat Feral chapter 1 . 10/11/2006
Yikes! I hardly know what to say to this! What a story! I'm cringing! Especially the part about...

[quote]A human life is beyond price, someone says to him later, when he has returned to Hogwarts and spends all his time down in the dungeons, abusing sleeping draughts. Severus' own life, as he remembers it, is worth approximately thirty house-points and a week's detention.

[/quote]

Kinda' make you want to kick Dumbledore's butt, doesn't it?

Having read this, I am now adding you to my Author Alert list.
Moire chapter 1 . 6/20/2006
I love Snape and I hate those damn marauders. They're the filth and I must say I wish J.K. hadn't written Sirius as a good guy. He may not have killed the people he was put in jail for, but he's still a murdering monster at heart who is willing ot just kill anyone he doesn't like for no reason and he deserved what he got.
Madm05 chapter 1 . 5/6/2006
This is one of the most chilling stories I have ever read. I love it. It was almost like hearing Severus talk about his life in third person, as if he really did believe he was filth. *Shudders* Well done.

I do have a request. While playing around in searches, I have heard several people comment on an inspirational story you wrote called "No Angel" but I can't find it anywhere. Is it possible for you to post it here or send me a link so that I can read it?
TeaWithVoldy chapter 1 . 4/7/2005
an intriquing fic. I love the concept. Severus is anable to play out his fantasies on the most despised peple in his life so plays them out with minutures trapped in a glass doll house. Very nice, deep fic which explores Severus.
Arcadia-of-the-East chapter 1 . 1/4/2005
The style your write in is neat. I love the Borges reference, he's my favorite write. "Sixteen-year-old Severus is at war with reality." This line is awesome. You have a talent for describtions. The dollhouse is disturbing and fascinating. When the story ends it doesn't feel over. There's no real conclussion.
Alice I.W chapter 1 . 12/21/2004
"Eighteen-year-old Severus falls to his knees and screams. There is a sign on his skin and a real-life-sized glass-box in which he traps real-life-people. Behind every shadow there is a new horror."

Perfect.

Can't come up with much to say, here, which is odd - I wouldn't have found this fic if it hadn't been Niffled; it was Niffled months ago; I've been putting off reviewing ever since - and I still haven't thought of what to say. Suffice to say that I like it: the clinical tone, the way you give us the progression from adolescent to irrevocably ruined adult in under a thousand words, the way you pinpoint the fantasy of hurting, hurting, hurting others that really does accompany that kind of consuming anger - all of it. The whole piece is stretched tight as a string, and it vibrates at a cutting pitch. (All right, that was a terrible metaphor, but take it as a compliment that you've reduced me to that.)
Freckled Glasses chapter 1 . 10/22/2004
this fic got me chilled to the bone.

it fits, you know. such a... a cold anger. years of fiery emotions burned down to crystal clear precision and sharpness. yes. that's just the way it is. this is wonderful. it's a chilling portrayal. and i'd say it's dead on. hats off, mate, this is a fantastic piece.
Nemo Returning chapter 1 . 10/17/2004
Interesting... I wonder, if would've been more well-defined, were it a 60-minutes challenge i's been written for :)
celtic-roisin chapter 1 . 10/11/2004
Oh my. Indeed.

Wow.

This is amazing. You have managed to pinpoint Snape's darkness down to the slightest touch. And the impact you left on me... Wow.

I must go and rec this to... like... 50,0 people now. Including my English teacher. Wow...

~Kay
After the Rain chapter 1 . 10/8/2004
Wow. What a mind-blowingly creepy little story, and so short that every word packs a punch. (And thank you for acknowledging that Snape really *is* twisted and sadistic to the core.)
dragongirlG chapter 1 . 10/8/2004
That made my stomach twist - it was absolutely chilling. I love the way you write - it's so...sparse, so dry and logical, perfect for Snape's thoughts. But you don't make the language too dry, either - there's a lot of imagery, but it's detached, like you're looking at something - well, like you too can see inside the glass house like Snape is. The fic is terrifically dark...it's a great exploration of Snape's character. I especially love this line: "Because Severus finds that forgiveness is by far the worst part for someone who can't forgive anyone for anything." It's perfect - it pinpoints Severus' character exactly. And the ending is frightening...the student waiting to come in after we get a glimpse of Snape's horrific dark side. Wow. Brilliant work!