Reviews for Deus vult
Salomedancing chapter 2 . 1/13
What a lovely story! I have always loved Rebecca, but the Ciaran Hinds made me feel for Bois-Guilbert too. And made me ship them quite hard, so this I liked very much!
Fidelis Scriptor chapter 2 . 11/2/2015
I love this! I just watched Ivanhoe and fell in love with the characters of Rebecca and Guilbert! I loved how your represented them and I adore this piece!
cutemara chapter 1 . 10/9/2015
I keep coming back and rereading this!
Root27 chapter 1 . 9/21/2015
I've recently watched the 1997 series and right away became fascinated with the Rebecca/Brian ship and I was so glad I've found your story! Spent some time searching for fics and was really disappointed to find out that this fandom is so small.
I really enjoyed reading your story, I really loved how it progressed and how you separated them. I thought it was the right way in order for them to grow in character and for Brian to learn how to let go. Also, Rebecca's thoughts seemed really in character and you managed to depict her transition from stubbornness to acceptance really fluidly. Glad you wrote a happy ending for them!
sarakirai chapter 2 . 6/22/2015
I was rather devastated that the Books category of this site didn't list Ivanhoe, but wow there's fanfic after all. It was a lovely read :)))
daisy321 chapter 2 . 5/5/2015
I stumbled upon this by accident and am so glad. Such a quality piece of writing. You thoroughly articulated Rebecca and Brian' s complex characters. Much better ending than the original!
beloved73 chapter 2 . 6/14/2014
This.. Is perfect. I love Rebecca/Brian. You have written their story so beautifully. Thank you for sharing your talent with us.
VenomousButterfly chapter 1 . 5/27/2013
Oh My Gosh, this is the storyline and kiss I ached for in the book and movie. Thank you for writing this.
VenomousButterfly chapter 2 . 5/27/2013
This was a great ending.
Charlie chapter 2 . 1/2/2013
I always come back to read this fic after watching the Ivanhoe-movie (the one with Sam Neil) and it's wonderful every time.
Anna chapter 1 . 9/17/2012
It's been over 20 years since I read the book.
Felt in love with Brian from the first chapter. .
And never stopped thinking "what if ...?".
Never expected to find the answer.
Until yesterday evening.
From distant Poland, I send you a big THANK YOU for fulfilling my dream.
Anna
congratsyou'vegrownasoul chapter 1 . 8/25/2012
There's barely any Ivanhoe fanfiction out there, and what there is consists almost entirely of Ivanhoe/Rebecca. I've been searching for Rebecca/Brian for ages, and finally found yours. This is beautiful, moving, realistic, and fabulous. I love the Rebecca/Brian pairing more than any other in Ivanhoe, and it's lovely to find such a marvelous fic for it. You really capture the spirit of the two of them, and their unusual relationship. It's so wrong, but so right. They seem like opposites, but they're really quite similar, and I saw a lot of that in your story. You also really portrayed the fascination they have with each other-heart, mind, and soul. Great job.
Lady Evy chapter 2 . 7/21/2012
Rebecca and Brian are certainly one of favorite couples and your story is absolutely lovely! I always thought that they had to be together...
Lisa Paris chapter 2 . 3/10/2012
Beautiful and just what I always wished would happen when I read and re-read the book as a teenager. Always identified with Rebecca for personal and family reasons, but more than that, I admired her courage and intelligence. Ivanhoe was welcome to Rowena, but how I wished Rebecca would have acknowledged she could have saved more than one man's life.

Great coda, but more than this, I want to tell you how lovely your writing is. I believe one has to read hundreds of terrible and mediocre stories on this site before stumbling on a real gem. This little story shines!
Honor Reid chapter 2 . 1/4/2012
I loved getting to spend more time with Brian and Rebecca. The ending was perfect.

And it was so well written!
54 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »