Reviews for Chambers of the Sea
blairswaldorfs chapter 11 . 10/15/2013
I'm hoping that you still use the email address that this account is linked on to. I'm hoping that you'll click on an email, and see this review.

I have read a bajillion different stories, for thousands of different fandoms. And sure, whenever I find something new that I love I say it's the best.

But. This is honestly and truly the best I've ever read. I can't even put into words how perfect everything all was. It was great seeing Summer pre show, and so so sad! Everything you showed us from the past tied in with what was shown on the show present day. (Of course, minor things were inaccurate because episodes hadn't aired yet therefore the 'truth' hadn't been revealed. Make sense?)

I'm in love with this. And, if you ever feel like posting what ever has been written of the final chapter, please do. Mistakes, un finished and all.
WriterInTheMaking101 chapter 1 . 12/19/2007
Alright so I'm guessing I'll review this and you'll go "What? This story is like almost four years old, why would anyone review it." But I just wanted to tell you, I've read the entire thing in the space of about an hour and it's hands down, the best fan fiction I've ever read, and I've read some AWESOME stuff.

Everything felt so real, so in character.. I felt like I was reading a really, well written story. Amazing job, you're a really talented writer and I'm glad I found this story, even though it's been a few years since it's been posted/updated.
wondygal chapter 8 . 6/22/2006
Was Marcy Ross a Buffy reference or a sign that I've watched too much Buffy? Good chapter. I like that you mentioned Marissa being the spoiled, ungrateful, rebel-without-too-much-of-a-cause that she is. I'm feeling very annoyed at her these days.
wondygal chapter 7 . 6/22/2006
I just foung this story, and haven't finished reading it yet, but I liked this chapter too much not to say anything. Maybe it was Julie Cooper being there, I think she's a fascinating character(I can never decide if I hate her, love her, find her very predictable or surprising), and I think you got her perfectly, as well as what her relationship with Marissa would be like even back then. I really like this story, it's very well written - all that Summer is feeling, her wanting to play with Kaitlin, and her feeling protective towards Marissa(wich I loved) - it's all very well... developed. And the Coopers, the perfect family, oh yeah. Are you still updating? I know you're writting The West Wing now, I've read your Josh/Donna stuff(though not here). Okay, gotta go finish reading now.
zshp1411 chapter 11 . 9/14/2005
This story is awesome
SummerSunshine13 chapter 6 . 9/3/2005
I love it so far. I have to go to bed now but I will read the rest tomorrow. Really good job!
rie chapter 11 . 8/27/2005
please update!
GeminiPiper chapter 11 . 8/8/2005
OH MY GOD. This story is truly amazing. This is the best OC fan fict I've ever read. It's truly captivating on so many levels. You account beautifully for all sorts of emotions, all sortos of facets of people, not just Summer, people in gernearl, that so many of us never get to see. Except in herself. This amazing, truly amzing. I can't describe how good it is. It's tasteful, real, and wonderful , I can't imagine this being done any better. Thank you for writing such a wonderful, beautiful peice of writing.

Gemini
rubykate chapter 11 . 5/24/2005
It's hard to articulate why this chapter is so much more affecting than all the ones to precede it. Your writing has matured, which is saying something, considering what you've produced these past few years, and you have imbued the prose with such grace. It flows.

I love seeing the events of that fateful trip to Tijuana from Summer's POV. I love her voice in this chapter - she is so self-aware and grown up in your hands that I remember why I adore her character.

Also, I love the imagery of her dissolving in Seth's embrace. It's fitting.

As difficult as you say this chapter was to write, it reads and feels richer. Good work, emrie.
Trishifer chapter 11 . 4/1/2005
Emrie,

I've been reading this story since the beginning, and desperately waiting for an update. You have a beautiful voice! Your prose is breathtaking and heartwrenchingly intimate. A bit I liked specifically from "Dissolve" was: "Summer was momentarily struck by his little-boy vulnerability, the dark feather of his lashes against his cheek. It was easier to appraise him now that he was no longer a blur of kinetic energy, and yet somehow also harder to look at him."

Don't be afraid to take intimate moments like this a step further and really let the reader experience what Summer is seeing and why it makes her feel the way it does. It's nice to hear how she's starting to feel about Seth, but as the reader, I need to know why so that I can really connect with the characters.

My only real criticism is for you to be careful of exposition. I know it's difficult in a chapter where you're forced to almost follow a script, but showing rather than telling is much more pure and rewarding to the flow of the story. Lastly, please don't hesitate to include more of those achingly beautiful images you write so flawlessly. Good luck with the conclusion!

Thank you for sharing your writing and your talent. I would love to read your original (non-O.C. based) stories as well if you are thinking of posting any.

Cheers,

Trish
hebrewhernia chapter 11 . 3/28/2005
I read this awhile ago, and possibly reviewed it then as well, but I wanted to add it to my favorite stories and this is the easiest way to do that, and I'd also like to let you know that as a former and possibly future fic author in various fandoms, I know how hard it is to juggle fic and real life, but if you get the chance to write the next (final?) update, I would gladly read it.
xkjd948mds chapter 11 . 3/8/2005
I love love love this story! I mean so much. You've done a really great job with it and I can't wait for the last chapter. I wish I could write like you. Please update soon. Thanks!
Vampyresse chapter 11 . 1/31/2005
finally the update I have been qwaiting for for soo long! was a good update though, so I forgive you [heh this coming from me who hasn't updated in about six months]. you did a good job, even thoguh you had to deal with limitations that were in the show. looking forward to and waiting patiently for the next update... and... is it ending so soon? *tear*
anna1iss03 chapter 11 . 1/20/2005
Heyy, it's xxnoangelxx. I can't believe you updated over half a month ago and I didn't even notice. I haven't been checking to see if you've been updating for about a month :( I almost gave up hope :( But yay! After almost half a year of waiting, you updated! (Don't worry, I completely understand- college must be a bitch.) Good chapter, as always. It's so cool to read how Summer felt that day- you know, the part we obviously couldn't see on the show. It's so sad to know this story is going to end, but I'm sure you'll make the last chapter awesome. I'll definately look to see if you're updating alot more often now, lol. Keep up the good work! (And congrats on keeping this story going for a year now!)
Mernie chapter 11 . 1/18/2005
Found the link for this on a forum,and I sat here for hours reading through the whole fic. It's REALLY good,so I hope you plan on updating real soon..I want more Summer and Seth action:) lol..but It's actually made me look at both Marissa and Summer in a different way(which I shouldn't,since this doesn't REALLY have anything to do with the 'real' OC) But yeah..Keep up the good work..the amazing work!:)