Reviews for The Contest
Barranca chapter 30 . 8/11/2008
This story was an unexpected but pleasant surprise. Usually I cannot stand Cassandra in fanfiction as she is reduced to one dimensional hatred in it. What you did with her was both unbelievable and enjoyable. And it worked smoothly. I'm glad to have read a fic where Methos and Cassandra heal enough to be on friendly terms.
MissSissi chapter 1 . 5/8/2008
Amazing ! and I completely agree with Kitty. Your resolution of the Methos/Cassandra conflict is well thought of, and really satisfying. Your less-than-perfect Duncan is refreshing. Great job !
Kitty2228 chapter 30 . 9/26/2005
I really loved your story. It was exciting, interesting and well paced. I really think you did a good job resolving the Cassandra-Methos relationship at the end. I always felt that Cassandra was an intelligent character, and I think you guys did one of the most believable resolutions between their characters that I've read. Bravo, and I hope you guys will write more in the future!
KiwiClover chapter 30 . 9/27/2004
Oh my goodness. That was quite a story! This is one of those pieces of fiction that you just have to read non-stop from start to finish, it is THAT gripping!

WONDERFUL job ladies! I truly enjoyed it!

~Keara
Undead American chapter 1 . 5/30/2004
Solid job overall. Just a few gripes...

Parts of it seemed to drag/linger a little. Here and there (esp during those quickennings!) I wanted to shout "Get on with it!"

Another gripe: I didn't care for how Mac seems a little, well, "declawed." in the show, it was always made clear that even immortals many, many times his age are almost always his inferior when it comes to fighting. One wouldn't know that from this tale though.

One the good side: Your action scenes were among the most vivid, exciting, and gripping of any fan fic anywhere. In fact, I don't know if I've read any that are better than yours.

I liked Cassandra being a little bit more empowered and being made more formidable than she was in the show.
elle-nora chapter 1 . 5/28/2004
Folks... if you read one Highlander story this year... it should be this one! Great job ladies... I was exhausted upon finishing reading this.
Dimac99 chapter 30 . 1/23/2004
Absolutely bloody excellent! I hope the two of you team up again because that was marvelous. Well done, in particular, for keeping everyone so in character.
trixiebelle chapter 30 . 1/18/2004
WOW! I am blown away by this story! The fighting and quickening descriptions are amazing. The ending is more of what I would have wanted to see in the series. Great read!
King Henry the V chapter 30 . 1/17/2004
Interesting spin on events. I'd look forward to more from you in the future.
Village-Mystic chapter 9 . 1/14/2004
So far I like that you are trying for a solution, but not changing the nature of the players. The outcome is likely to be better emotionally for all involved, yet still has teeth.
Oh, and up to the end of this chapter I thought the challenge was going to be Beach Volleyball. You can play that three on three, right?
stcobb chapter 30 . 1/14/2004
Very nice. Great ending. I can see Cassandra doing this at the end too. Methos too. Sequel?
stcobb chapter 18 . 1/13/2004
Gack. I need more!
trixiebelle chapter 6 . 1/11/2004
Hi Girls! I am diggin' this so far! Especially like Cassandra's description and Duncan's reaction.
Can't wait for more.
aka NCimmie
Richefic chapter 3 . 1/11/2004
I really enjoyed this, there's a great combition of drama, angst and humour, all beautifully described.
I *loved* the bit Methos sweater! Looking forward to more.