Reviews for After the Dawn: The Philosopher's Stone
Jim Red Hawk chapter 13 . 1/19
Way back in my youth I trained in a little know art, at the time, called Kenpo. Even in the same style, there can be differences. I trained at a special dojo set up to teach members of the military. We used slightly different belts from the ones used at the main dojo. I suspect that was because the people in our dojo were not able to train as long. It had been started to train people with a higher chance of being sent to Vietnam. I spent about 10 months training in that dojo. By the time I transferred out, I had advanced 3 belts. There is another difference. Not all dojo use belts in the same way. In one dojo your second belt could be blue while in another it might be yellow. It turned out that I did end up in Vietnam after I left there. But, I only spent about 2 1/2 to 3 hours in Da Nang before transferring to a ship in the Gulf of Tonkin.

JimS
Tauriel Skywalker chapter 31 . 11/12/2017
Awesome story! I loved it. And that is a very creative ending. Sorry it's over, but I enjoyed it a ton!

Thanks for the ride.

God Bless,
Tauriel Skywalker
tabea.koegl chapter 15 . 8/11/2017
You do know that blaise is a boy?
Guest chapter 25 . 8/3/2017
Wow you have a lot of Ron hate! I know Ron often gets depicted as petty and an antagonizer in fanfics but i always wonder where that idea comes from. Your other characters are so close to canon. Ron had some jealous tendencies and possessed zero tact- but he never went out of his way to get random people in trouble. If anything Ron is nonconfrontational when it comes to wrong-doing, probably a byproduct of growing up with the twins teasing Percy. I still feel that Ron would have made a good friend. He is a good balance to Hermione and a person that grounds Harry as a friend rather than Neville who Harry largely has to look out for all the time. Not that i have anything against Neville, he's great and you write him perfectly, but he was never quite Harry's equal or partner in crime. Still love the plotline though
Guest chapter 11 . 8/3/2017
I really enjoy this story. I read your prequel and i love the interactions between Harry and Sirius. I am disappointed that you've replaced Ron with Neville. You seem to only give Harry friends that he can rescue, Rpn could have been an equal. I know Ron is often underestimated as a character but he gives Harry a sense of normalcy in the books, something neither Hermione nor Neville seem to provide him with here. Still great job. I like the subtle changes you've made while still keeping the basic framework
Fast Frank chapter 11 . 10/21/2016
I never understood the canon "Potter for President". It doesn't seem to be be something Brits would do.
Fast Frank chapter 4 . 10/20/2016
I've said this before, but if you leave out "Hoggy Warty Horgwarts" from the first line, the song is easily sung to the melody of "A Bicycle Built For Two".
nanaeleanor chapter 10 . 9/26/2016
It's a couple times now that Padfoot has been described as the 'huge black dog.' I thought he was in disguise as a red setter?
nanaeleanor chapter 2 . 9/26/2016
It doesn't seem likely an eleven year old boy could fool DD with this far fetched story. Plus DD would be able to detect the use of glamours.
nanaeleanor chapter 1 . 9/26/2016
Yes it's fanfic after all so change is common, however, Harrys holly wand and snowy owl, Hedwig are as trademark as his 'messy black hair' and Lily's green eyes. What's the point?
daisycb chapter 30 . 8/11/2016
I think the last minute awarding of points to steal the cup at the last minute was despicable.
harryislife chapter 31 . 7/28/2015
I liked, I wish you d continued it rather than just an epilogue.
Mysticantrix chapter 10 . 6/30/2015
Why 'huge black dog'? Isn't Sirius a red dog now?
Guest chapter 31 . 3/14/2015
Nice story.
I liked it.
Thanks for sharing.
lostinastory33 chapter 11 . 11/30/2014
HELLOOOO! WHAT ANOUT RON?
1,741 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »