Reviews for Belonging
the 85th writer chapter 1 . 3/4/2009
A very good take on why Angel finally returns to Team Angel. A very scary AU you painted there, btw. And when he *does* return, he'll take anything they have to throw at him, because he knows it could have been much, much worse.

And even though you pretty much ripped Angel's heart out right there, we know that somehow, somewhere things will get better for him (sees faraway dim light at end of the metaphorical tunnel and sighs).

After all, what is Angel without a bit of angst anyway?
Anonymous chapter 2 . 11/8/2007
'complete' your kidding right, seriously thats dissapointing i was just starting to like it and since it says 'end' at the end of this chapter is that suppost to be an indication because if so you should take the 'end' off of the first chapter, just can that be the end, it didn't close or anything!
anonymous chapter 1 . 11/8/2007
this really made me feel sick, i don't mind angst, angst is fine, i was dissapointed that you killed Gunn especially as there was no warning of 'character death' in the summary, but the thing that made me feel ill was Angel turning Cordelia, him thinking she was so beautiful, i cannot stand her, seriously couldn't you have killed her instead, and what about all that stuff Angel said to Darla about her having damned him, so he was just fine damning Cordelia (i still don't like the snotty smug two faced biatch, but still) plus you make Angel look like a total selfish idiot, plus how dumb can he get (i don't think he is dumb but he sure is in your story, seriously this is just awful) i'll give you this it is really well written but you turned Cordelia and Wesley, you TURNED Wesley your making Angel look like a right bastard. and also why kill Gunn i mean you should have killed off Cordleia instead, i really am not sadistic it's just (even though they are fictional characters) the thought of her 'character' living forevever makes me want to hurl, seriously the idea makes me feel like being sick! no ofense really its just so awful.

uh and please, please, please don't have any cordelia/angel even in the form of flirting just please don't its so horible, and angel is NOT angelus (well he is, but he ISN'T if you get my picture) and seriously you really do make Angel out to be a selfish jerk i mean come on like he would actually damn his friends to that it would be nicer to let them die and he would know that to, i know i am rambeling on but the idea is just so horible, sorry but i cannot help it and whats with the self pity overload, but the dream was a nice touch only if you had actually mentioned it was a dream it semed so awful seriously when you killed wes and gunn and turned cordy etc and made angel look like such a bastard but since i was writing this review as i read the chapter well it might be kl i just hope thats not actually what happens, the thought is realy horible, seriously thinking the dream was how the story went was about to make me stop reading, but it may be kl, so sorry for rambeling! :)
Kathleen chapter 2 . 5/8/2006
Wow, I just read this, and wow again. Weird thing is, I didn't realize I was listening to death cab for cutie "What Sarah Says" while reading it and it set the mood perfectly. The end of the song where it goes, "who's gonna watch you die..." was eerie as I read the last sentence. I love the character of Angel. So many levels of his character can be explored and you did a splendid job. I'm looking forward to reading more of your stories.
gopie chapter 2 . 5/6/2006
Very well-written. Well done.
gopie chapter 1 . 5/6/2006
Oh, wow. That was heartbreaking, and unexpected. Great job.
cursedgirl chapter 1 . 4/15/2006
very good! whana reade more about it.. ) so please hurry up!
MidCircleNine chapter 1 . 8/20/2005
Wow. I don't think I can come up with anything else to say but 'wow.'
Imzadi chapter 1 . 7/21/2005
So this is what might have happened if they had burned and hadn't managed to get the water out of the fire hydrant! It's an intriguing thought. Angel still has a lot of darkness in himself. I'm glad this didn't come to pass-poor Wes. Poor Virginia, for that matter. Poor Gunn & Cordelia, too. I'm glad it was a dream.
The Burninator Named Trogdor chapter 1 . 5/1/2004
That was awesome! Wes is so awesome evil! It seems that dreams have a way of inspiring some of the weirdest stories. I really like it.
Laura
Freakazoid chapter 1 . 1/12/2004
Wow! A brilliant twist at the end. Some powerful images with Angel vamping his friends and Wesley dusting himself.
Tariq chapter 1 . 1/12/2004
Hi. COOL! Brilliant Story!
lonely Brit chapter 1 . 1/11/2004
Ek!
That was an eerie read. The way Angel was so cold after the death of Dru and Darla was very well done, and the way the rage came at the demon's attack was frightening. I too loved the continual conflict between the soul and the demon, and the way we're never too sure whether it's Angelus, Angel or someone new we're dealing with.
The scenes where he turns his friends so very sad. The tears showed he knew he was wrong when he turned Cordy. And poor Wes! Very nasty having to watch that and realise there's nothing he can do to prevent the same. Both their reactions after Willow's visit were painfully accurate. Cordy silent and mourning. Wes angry and refusing to take the easy way out of blaming it soley on his demon.
After that, you really can understand why Angel had his ephiphany. Something like that would wake anyone up. Bravo!
Eloise chapter 1 . 1/11/2004
Simply stunning! I can forgive you not updating Paper Flowers when you produce something of this quality. I loved the combination of Angel and Angelus in this fic, the idea that the demon is not an alter ego, but actually an ever-present part of the vampire's psyche.
Your Wes was just perfect - desperate not to be turned, and then one incredibly clever, downright nasty vamp - the scene at Virginia's made me almost hate him (and you know that's saying something!).
You caught me off guard with the wooden object thing - although that's exactly what Wes would do. He embraces his guilt and does not try to blame his souless state for his crimes.
I honestly think this is my favourite story of yours so far. Excellent characterization and a truly chilling scenario.
FerretGirl1 chapter 1 . 1/11/2004
That was chilling. I certainly wouldn't mind it one bit if you explored this more. ;-)