Reviews for Letters From Rivendell
SaradocCraver101 chapter 8 . 5/17/2010
I love it and please update as soon as you can. _
Dreamflower chapter 8 . 10/14/2004
Just wanted to say that I enjoyed your story "Letters from Rivendell". But I also wanted to let you know that it is not necessarily AU. Most people tend to ignore a little sentence that Frodo says to Gandalf, when talking about how the Ring "behaves"-"Bilbo warned me of that in his last letter, so I have kept it on its chain." Some people think that means a letter he left for Frodo when he departed. But if so, I think he would have just said "letter"; "*last* letter" implies to me more than one. So I, for one, think they did have at least *some* correspondence. And your story was quite good!

Dreamflower

(Barbara)
ElanorRose chapter 8 . 6/5/2004
Melly, it's Shae. Oh dear god, this story is brilliant. You're such a good writer, WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME? I sucked it up in I think about 5 seconds. And you put Galadriel in, and that made me spazz, because she is my HERO. Anyway, it's absolutely lovely, and I put you on my author alert so I know when you update. I'll die if I don't get one soon, by the way. Anyway, I hope you're having a better day then you were earlier, and I love you much.

Hearts,

Shae

PS- My friend Sara the hobbit freak LOVES it too.
Gentle Hobbit chapter 5 . 6/4/2004
I like this fic. The theme of Bilbo and Frodo exchanging letters is made more poignant with the idea that Frodo learns more about his uncle once Bilbo is gone.

I love the idea of a telescope at Rivendell. Stargazing elves and hobbits! And this sentence particularly struck me: "The trees had changed into their fiery autumn hues, and the crisp smell of burning leaves floated towards them." That sentence is so vivid - it brings back my own memories of autumn. I can almost feel as if I were there along with Frodo and Sam.

I look forward to your next update and am interested in seeing how this dream-link between Arwen and Frodo developes.
FrodoBaggins87 chapter 8 . 3/29/2004
I enjoyed this chapter very much. It touched one of my keen literature spots. Thanks. Very touching...he he
gayalondiel chapter 8 . 3/29/2004
Mel! MEL! Sweetheart...
Oh, you are without a doubt the kindest, sweetest of people, thank you so very much. You've really cheered me up...
I LIKE this. Dodi sounds nice, very right for Bilbo, and it's always nice to have a bit of h/c worked into any fic!
Gaya wants more *devouring*. More, I tell you, more!
shirebound chapter 8 . 3/28/2004
I love it that Frodo and Bilbo are so connected with these letters, Mely! They're learning more about each other now that they're apart than they may have when they were together.
*hugs Frodo and brews him some nice tea*
gayalondiel chapter 7 . 3/28/2004
Wow, Mel, this is a continuous stream of beautiful moments. Gaya needs more, much more! Needs to know about Dodi... needs to know how the letters are sent... needs more, much more!
Will Glorfindel become a regular feature? we likes him, aye, we does.
More soon, please! G x
gayalondiel chapter 4 . 3/28/2004
Hi Melly! Sorry I didn't get here earlier, I realy should get myself organised one of these days...
This is beautiful, really really lovely. Your descriptions are something else, particularly of Rivendell, the details are superb.
Like a silver moon among golden suns
oh! how lovely!
FrodoFreak13 chapter 1 . 2/17/2004
I really liked it. Please write more! I really liked the way you entwined Arwen and Frodo.
heartofahobbit chapter 7 . 2/16/2004
cheers...what a wonderful way of intertwining the lives whose futures will join and change the path of all in Middle Earth! I rally love the way you've tied Arwen and Frodo through their dreams...the magic and music of the elves are the perfect compliment to Frodo's shining spirit...I also really like how you ended it...Pippin, his all knowing demeanor and his words of wisedom for Frodo...perfect! Can't wait to read more, I am very curious how far you will take this!
Frodo Silverlune chapter 7 . 2/15/2004
cute, and sad. i like that song, Into the West. i hope it wins an oscar.
shirebound chapter 7 . 2/15/2004
This is such a lovely story. Somehow it reminds me of Galadriel's line from FOTR, "Maybe the paths that you each shall tread are already laid before your feet, though you do not see them."
shirebound chapter 6 . 2/9/2004
I think this is my favorite chapter so far. Frodo's letter is so perfect! Full of tactful question, homely news, and everything he thinks Bilbo might like to hear about. This is such an intriguing and unusual story!
Frodo Silverlune chapter 6 . 2/8/2004
o what's in the letter? I hope to see another update soon.
ps- that part about Goldie Gamgee fawning over Frodo was cute, as was Sam's wanting to know what flowers grow in rivendell