Reviews for Eva: Light and Water
ClickClackClickClack chapter 47 . 9/1/2014
PLLLLLLLLEASE FINISH THIS. ITS BEEN TWO YEARS
WhiteWitcher chapter 47 . 9/21/2013
This chapter was very good, in fact the whole fic is already very good and I still hope to see the end of this wonderful fic so please, continue the story, she is the best fic I've read on this site * - *
GodzillaFollower1998 chapter 47 . 4/28/2013
I'm going to make this breif...
Continue this f**king story! It's offically the best Rei X Kaworu story on fanfiction & it's a damn good story overall, please continue it, i'm begging you!
WaivernRiver chapter 8 . 1/29/2013
I find it funny and ironic that you gave Touji's sister the name Mari when Anno ends up creating a character named Mari. Plus, he finally reveals that her name is Sakura after so many years of people thinking, "What should I name Touji's sister?!" hahaha

Sorry that it took me so long to review again. Not to mention I'm only reviewing chapter 8 haha I had stopped reading Evangelion fanfics for a while to focus on my own story and other complicated stuff, but now I'm back into reading a little.

Your story is really really really good! I enjoy reading even though you have a few facts mixed up involving which hand Gendo will be getting Adam transplanted in and that Touji only lost his didn't lose an arm, but it's all good.

Keep up the good work and let's see if I can get through the rest of your story some time soon. Peace!
JoshuaSweetvale chapter 47 . 10/30/2012
Hm. EoE with Kaworu as the main protagonist/hero. I... quite like it. You took some liberties, mingled in influences and themes I personally dislike (Twilight, Grail ancestry...) but managed to actually wire them into Eva quite well. The pairing between Rei and Kaworu is... adorable.

I've chosen to ignore the syntax, which, to be quite honest, isn't the english syntax, and I've swallowed and accepted the slightly unhealthy way Rei disposes herself toward Kaworu.

Having done so, this story is a great read. The characters and their musings are written as one would expect Eva's character's to think. Kaworu is Kaworu. (Full of certainty, kindness... Not a mary sue, though he may resemble one when you don't realize that's how he's basically portrayed, only with your story adding a lot of determination in there too.)

My favourite moments were when Kaworu willed his way out of the monolith prison, when Rei and Kaworu first met and... We haven't actually seen much full-scale Eva combat yet so I'll save those reservations for later.

Interested to see more, overall pretty good.

-J
Dark09 chapter 47 . 10/6/2012
TSfH for the win xD! I haven't checked out this fic for sometime, but I will now. Keep up the great work!
driftking18594 chapter 47 . 9/28/2012
Another great chapter!

I think you really did well in giving The Magnificent Bastard, AKA Gendo, a backstory.
RandomNumbers523156 chapter 47 . 9/27/2012
I always find analyzes of Gendo's character to be interesting, because he is such a complex character. Those days I read a pal's fic where tells that Gendo "wanted to be a god simply for not having 'guts' to be a man" and I think amazing how you delved into his character, and even offering him a chance of redemption (let's see if he's going to suck it up or let Shinji be more mature than him). Keep going!
WaivernRiver chapter 4 . 8/15/2012
So far I like the story. Your description powers are amazing. You obviously have a high class vocabulary, which impresses me a lot. I'm kind of lagging with reading the other chapters you've posted, but I'm determine to read them all eventually. Expect another review in a later chapter. :)
SatansAlmightyPi chapter 1 . 8/5/2012
Yay! Review 100! Great fic. I can't say why because I don't know where to start! But still amazing!
Cotillon chapter 46 . 7/22/2012
I am ashamed for not reviewing every damn chapter, but damn. This is one of the best fics I ever read... keep it up you magnificent son of a bitch.
Guest chapter 11 . 7/3/2012
Dang your story have more flashback then Gundam Seed Destiny!
RandomNumbers523156 chapter 46 . 6/19/2012
That was a really interesting chapter, Shinji confronting Keel, very good their confrontation, because Keel felt like a Bond villain (that's a good thing) but yet Shinji had guts to face him without fear.

So, you drew inspiration from DA Vinci Code, huh? Well, for the story is really an interesting twist, but it has the usual misconceptions about the Council of Nicaea and other stuff, good for intriguing plots but not reliable History (with capital H), and canon said that Shinji is a messianic archetype.

Go Kaworu, show him what happens when they mess with you and Rei! Keep going!
Laryna6 chapter 41 . 5/22/2012
After reading it twice, starting over as soon as I finished at the first time, I'd say it's pretty clear that I like this fic. It's always nice to see a heroic Kaworu, and you certainly haven't done the usual fixfic thing and made things too easy on the characters, even though Kaworu's AT field would have given you justification for making him near-invincible - that's canon, after all.

When someone can get suckered by a trank dart despite all their planning and superpowers & you use their strength to make/show why the opposition is also powerful via the mass production Evas, it's clear that the characters will have an actual challenge to overcome instead of the fic just being about how great someone (often Shinji turned into the writer's ego-fuelled vision of themselves) is. It's also interesting to see characters talking about how great someone is, how much he's changed things... And that's a reason to suspect that he's a very dangerous bad guy instead of just a Gary Stu who can do no wrong in the eyes of the characters.

I also like that you gave that dream to Shinji and have otherwise made time to point out that other characters are also awesome. I do look forward to Rei fighting with her AT field: that sounds fun.

'Memory access/dream access on skin contact' makes a lot of sense in terms of what angels do in the series in terms of infiltrating/raping people's minds. Since he's curious about these people, it makes sense that he'd want to know/understand them and start using an ability he didn't know he had until this point. There's also a bit where Misato shakes his hand after being told he has this ability, which is a rather touching gesture of trust. After all, he could be tampering with people's minds as well as finding out what they have planned, and what he did to wake Asuka up could be interpreted as tampering, despite being entirely well-intentioned.

At first it seems a little odd that they aren't immediately striking as soon as they find out he's an angel, and so close to Terminal Dogma already, but that's justified by the combination of worry about what SEELE will do and the fact that he already has built up some good will/given them reasons to trust/owe him by helping the pilots. Unlike the other angels, it's already clear that he's not just a killing machine but is actually capable of caring about humans, which is new, potentially useful and something to encourage.

The early chapters aren't as good as the later ones, and do edge closer to Kaworu seeming like a Stu, but that's really inevitable, since you've improved over time. I know my early work makes me cringe.

I really am interested to see where you decide to take the plot and characters from here. Thanks for sticking with this despite all the obstacles.
nased0 chapter 45 . 5/21/2012
Good chapter, if Kaji's revelations are not enough, Misato should take camera to Terminal Dogma and show Lilith to the world. Misato should explain that this extraterriestrial being is the creator of life on Earth and mankind, and needs to be protected from disturbances, otherwise it will wake up like Adam did and start the terraforming process anew, turning the entire biosphere into primordial soup!

If this won't convince sceptics, then nothing will!

Seriously, crucified and deformed Lilith bleeding to the lake of Her blood was one of the grossest scenes, in the real world it would scare people shitless!

P.S.

I'd like to read how Kaworu's MP Eva fights against 01 and 02 in simulator.