Reviews for Soldier
Kryss LaBryn chapter 1 . 5/16/2017
Nice; I wish it was longer!
Lucyole chapter 1 . 4/5/2014
i like it is there more that would be nice to see thank you for writing it *cookies for you*
TheHornyVirgin chapter 1 . 5/4/2009
Very Good! Very sweet, too. I imagine that Merry felt proud to be called a man.
angel celest chapter 1 . 9/24/2005
It was a good read with no "gramical errors"... like some people that write on I enjoyed it greatly and hope to see more... it made me feel warm and fuzzy on the inside... kinda like hamsters running through my tummy...:)
Legolas's Girl 9 chapter 1 . 5/25/2005
Aw...so sweet...
Mystarri chapter 1 . 8/6/2004
I liked it. You did a pretty good job personality-wise! It's defiantly not somthing I ususally read, but I'm really glad I checked it out! Nice job! )
gotmilk chapter 1 . 8/4/2004
If someone reviews my story I always look at their profile to see if they've written anything I'd want to read...and bingo! Lord of the Rings baby! :D Éowyn is one of my favorites (second only to Legolas) so I was more than happy to read a story about her. I loved how your story showed her inner feelings and thoughts (more than Tolkien would have ever given us) and expanded on the movie-verse Éowyn I know. ;D And a Merry/Éowyn pairing? Never saw that before but now that you've brought it up in my mind... hmm...
Desanera chapter 1 . 3/28/2004
Very well written. Shipper without being cliche or contrived, and a well crafted poignant moment without cheese.
Not to mention a non fetish human/Hobbit shipper. That alone is refreshing :) Keep writing!
Estella Brandybuck chapter 1 . 2/18/2004
That was so sweet. I love it!
Cm chapter 1 . 1/20/2004
Very sweet. Your grasp of the character's personalities is great, good job.
Josey chapter 1 . 1/17/2004
Very well-written and enjoyable! I only wish the ROTK movie showed as much of Eowyn's strength as you do in your fic :)
I admit to not being very knowledgeable about lotr, so I can't offer much constructive criticism. I would, however, to have like to have seen more of Merry's hobbitness expressed in the fic. Although he has become more of a warrior as the story has progressed (even if not a battle-hardend one), showing how his hobbit mannerisms have become incorporated into this new persona would have been an insightful touch.
A O chapter 1 . 1/16/2004
Excellent. Quite excellent. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this, and will most likely re-read it several times in the future. It may be movieverse, but it's damn good. Your understanding of the characters emotions is clear and to the point. And the relationship between Merry and Eowyn is an interesting complexity that too few people remark upon. Props to you. :)
Travis chapter 1 . 1/13/2004
OOh. I wouldn't be surprised if this scene showed up in the uncut edition of Return of The King. The lines seem like they were taken directly from the film, if I'm not mistaken. If Mr. Jackson can be granted a little hobbit-related creativity, there's bound to be some left over for you.
xX-Dreamer-Xx chapter 1 . 1/11/2004
Wow! That was really good. I'm glad to see someone with a grasp of the English language and a fantastic vocabulary. A romance that isn't half-baked and pathetic is hard to find, but I really like your story.
Amrunofthesummercountry chapter 1 . 1/11/2004
Hmm...thought I'd try something new, so I gave your fic a go! It was quite well written; I noticed few errors in the technical sense. Movie-verse-wise, your characters were in character.
I'm curious, have you read the books? For in the books, Eowyn ends up with someone quite differently (I won't say who in case you haven't read the books. Darn Peter Jackson and his darn cutting of important scenes...love the man, but he made some bad editing decisions in some areas, me thinks...). Also, Eowyn's motivations for sneaking into battle with the rest of the Rohirrim are quite different. But I'm going with movie-verse for this one, and it works great!
By the way, I don't know if you knew this, but you're name is set up so that you only accept logged in reviews. If you change it to accept anonymous reviews you'll probably get more.
Great fic! Hope to see more from you!
Cheers!