Reviews for A Family Trait
Peanutcat12 chapter 1 . 10/27/2015
This is a good story XD I actually saw a picture for this fic before I read it, so most of the time I was like 'you know this is like that picture I saw on DA'.
Mirlasse chapter 1 . 6/14/2015
It is rather ironic!

Nice story, and I admit I was not expecting Celebrian to be the smith! I especially enjoyed Elladan's and Elrohir's excitement, and I liked Elrohir's noticing the adults' tension. I've always seen him as more sensitive than Elladan. I never heard or thought of the twins being those blacksmiths, but it is a lovely idea. :)
BakerStreetIsLastRefugeOfHope chapter 1 . 3/20/2013
Really cute.
Freyalyn chapter 1 . 11/7/2012
Interesting point! Good story - thank you.
Altaria Artanis chapter 1 . 7/13/2005
This is a very cute story-I was never expecting Celebrian to be the smith! I rather like the idea of her and Galadriel with their hair braided and their hands and minds at work in a blacksmith's shop.

And you're right about the elven smith's being a little mad-who would've thought?

~~Lady Altara
Artemis1000 chapter 1 . 4/7/2005
Aw, I like that a lot! I would have never expected the twins' mother be the one to teach them, I was pleasantly surprised when we learned that it's her.
Ellfine chapter 1 . 10/2/2004
I liked this story very much. I love the note at the bottom about the famous elven smiths.

In your list of mad smiths, you left out Maeglin who betrayed all of Gondolin to Morgoth, even though he just made swords and a great gate.
Anonymized Artichoke chapter 1 . 9/22/2004
I really don't know what to say, besides an inane "it's good! I like it!" The family dynamics are wonderful, I enjoy your characterizations, and the idea of Celebrian teaching her sons swordcraft is delightful.
Banba McCuill chapter 1 . 2/2/2004
It didn’t occur to me that the twins could have been the ones re-forging the sword, but I wondered if there may have been some significance to that in the movie…good catch and imagination. It also is a treat to imagine the twins doing this for their foster brother, Aragorn. I like to imagine them absolutely loving him as a “real
Morwen Tindomerel chapter 1 . 1/27/2004
Yeah, that's pretty ironic all right, prefering swordsmiths to jewelers! But given the family history one can scarcely blame Celeborn and Celebrian for feeling the way they do!
I wonder if Elrond is any kind of smith...he is the grandson of Turgon of Gondolin, (who seems to have been a metalsmith) and did spend some millenia among the Noldor of Lindon.
Blume chapter 1 . 1/24/2004
well that is a controversial tought, for instance Eöl wasn't the nicest of elves, now was he? but I guess if you put it that way then makign swords is better... then again Maeglin also made swords and he was responsible for the fall of Gondolin... ;D
stearchica again chapter 1 . 1/23/2004
Hey hey hey, where is everyone leaving Mahtan? Poor thing! He was a great smith too! ;)
stearchica chapter 1 . 1/23/2004
This is great! I was arguing in a forum the other day that the twins could not be the ones in the forge, because Elrond (or anyone in the family) would be rather horrified with all the bad implications it would have.
But this is great! (again), I loved it, everybody was so in character, although it surprised me a little bit to see Celebrian as a smith, but then again why not. The twins are rather young, but not quite adults yet, right? like "teenagers".
I thought the look between Celeborn and Celebrian when Elrohir said he would be like Celebrimbor had something to do with the rumored crush Celebrimbor had on Galadriel! haha glad to see i was wrong
However, and it may have been the lighting of the scene (the light was rather white), I am almost certain the elven smiths were blond (or at least one of them was). I wouldnt mind a blondish Elrohir, hehe.
Sphinx chapter 1 . 1/22/2004
Cute, without being overly fluffy - which most elfling fics tend to become.:)
Feanor takes offense at being called mad. He says that the correct term is 'misplaced intelligence'.
Dragon-of-the-north chapter 1 . 1/12/2004
Ah, brilliant! :-) This was really very, very good - and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing a strong, skilled Celebrian teaching her boys... "You cannot put happiness into a jewel." - wise, wise words, especially in Middle-earth! And I admit I got a chuckle out of imagining Galadriel trying to teach a reluctant Celeborn... Any chance that you will ever write a vignette of that special scene? ;-)
Wonderful work, as always! :-)