Reviews for A Bad Prank
riverrat chapter 28 . 8/22
This was an awesome story. But poor Severus! What a miserable life.
I don't know if this story is finished though. It could be extended, but this is also a good place to stop if it isn't. It will just leave more to the imagination of the reader.
Taywin chapter 28 . 5/4
This is amazing, a piece of art, I love the character's development, how sirius grow the fuck up. You know, the childish but no malicius behavior and finally becoming an adult. And Remus having a little more control over his best friend. And the love/hate not healthy friendship with Lucius, I really miss those fics. I mean, I kind of hate Lucius in the first chapter and then I kind of love him again and I need to make a little confesion here, I almost stoped reading there when Lucius was shown as the bad guy, but I'm so happy I don't. This is the kind of relationship of I going to hurt you, then heal your wounds, then hurt you again because I love you, and I'm going to kill to anyone who dare to hurt you.
And Sirius/Severus maybe friendship, I really like how you do it. None of them lose their personalities, they still fight but now there is no such hate for each other. And the fact Sirius has his limits in with what hurt others and is not a cruel man, only inmature,a little insensitive and impulsive, you know, gryffindorish.
How you treat the abuse was very sensitive and very real too, the self-blame and mental wounds, that take a lot of time to recover, if you recover. I really hate dumbledore in this fic, well not hate hate, more like anger, even if he did what he has to do, mostly, I was really mad with him. Although, I think that is more a consecuence of the book, I end them with a certain animosity against him. That is part of the reason why I still read this fics, I am still in some denial with the last event and tend to ignore the events after the fourth or fifth book, more like a selective memory.
I am going to asume this is the end, but I would like to see severus's reaction when harry told him what they did, but since is been more than eight years, let's going to say I am going to take it like an open end.
I don't know if you ever read this review, is been a long time. I hope you do, somehow this get to your mail or you pass for for simple curiosity and knows your fic(s) still have readers who enjoy every part of them.
And since we are here, taking advange of that little posibility, if is not much to ask, and maybe is a little naive of me, but can we have another chapter of "Nos morituri, te salutamos" please. I'm aware there is been eight years but hope is the last you lose, and if you ever decide to finish it, I still will want to read, and I'm sure there is a lot of people who will want too.
Sorry for any mistake, or if there is something you can't understand, english is not my first languaje and I am still strugling with coherent writing
savemyunicornclarence chapter 28 . 4/7
Words cannot describe the ... brilliance, the awesomeness, the magnificent, the powerful, etc. - I think you get the idea. Honestly, it was one of the best fics centered around Severus, Sirius, and Remus. Everything was tied in. Each word, not each but everything had its uses, and I have only said that in one or two fics (and those fics I have read many times ... like I don't think it is healthy for me to be so obsessed with them). First, I love how you portrayed them. It wasn't the usual abuse case. Sirius, Remus, Severus, and Dumbledore were shown in a different light. Severus had a desperate, animal fear to him, as well as the will to survive. He still retained the beauty of canon!Snape, where he spouts off like a thesaurus, but he had a more desperate tinge to him. He was extremely vulnerable, and he knew his weaknesses as well as his strengths. He is such a stubborn character. He's so prideful, willing to hurt alone than hurt with the help of others. Every character retained their canon aspects, as well as being thrown in a harsher light with your characterization. It was extremely beautiful. I was astonished at such a formidable display of words. I might just be in a fangirl high, which I am, but it is true. I was scared with your descriptions of Severus going absolutely mental. I was scared for Minerva, I was scared for everyone else. His actions were in the most honorable intentions, but no man needs to suffer for the sake of many. I am a Catholic, and we believe that the ends don't justify the means. I struggle with it, but I can see why. Every human being has dignity, and Severus' was ripped away from him since he was a child. He wasn't even a child. He had no opportunity to be innocent, not knowledgeable of the world's harsher cruelties. It was so utterly depressing reading that Severus was entirely willing to suffer through his most horrible nightmares for the millions affected by Voldemort's reign.

And then there was Sirius. I love how Severus and Sirius interacted with each other. There was still their snarkiness and casual insulting, but Sirius was protective of Severus in his own way. It was totally true that Sirius only became ashamed of his previous actions because of newly acquired knowledge. It wasn't the usual noble actions often written about in fanfiction or even actual novels. They were so human. They made mistakes, but regardless they were trying to do the right thing. I especially loved Sirius' reflection on Remus. Yes, he was on that orange potion (I am not positive), but he saw that Remus' problem was trying to not be the Wolf, when the Wolf was him. One of my favorite HP AUs is where Remus delves into his werewolf side more. Where he either accepts it, or lycanthropy is spun in a different way than in the usual werewolf lore or canon.

I think I can safely say that the author's opinion was not in this. It was from the POVs of the characters. I find it so hard to disengage my own opinions about characters, so I often cast them in a negative light or an annoying angelic persona. They are either black or white, and I am trying to get rid of that habit, because it annoys me endlessly. You however do no such thing, and it is amazing. I could feel like I am reading from a third person POV of Sirius Black, or Severus Snape, or Minerva.

Dumbledore was interesting in this. I can see it in canon. He is a master manipulator. His intentions and goals are for the Greater Good, but he is willing to sacrifice so many individuals to achieve the end: defeating Voldemort. His morals are entirely there, but it is his actions that are dubious. Who would allow an eleven year old to face Quirrel/Voldemort? Yes, it was Harry's own actions to go meet Fluffy, but I imagine it to be a subconscious suggestion. Mention it once, and it rests in your subconscious, niggling at you to arouse your curiosity and investigate it.

Harry was such a prat. Who would think that chaining a person to a wall is a prank? He saw that it was a wrong choice, when there were so many signs that something was wrong. He had his guilt complex, and you captured him beautifully. He was the Gryffindor with ill intentions towards the Greasy Git, but he saw that it was wrong. I just love the struggle between continuing the prank for the sake of appearances in front of his friends, or to do the right thing and notify a teacher. I wonder though who would win the Cup after Gryffindor losing 500 points. It would be a struggle to regain those points back.

Lucius Malfoy is a favorite character of mine. He is not perfect. God do I know that. He regained his senses too late in canon, but he loved his son. Too many writers write him off as the antagonist, not redeemable. But I like to think of him as the way you wrote him. He definitely supported the Dark Lord, but he would do good things in the background for the people he cares about. I like to think that he would support his family as much as possible as a man entrenched too deep in the insanity of Voldemort. But what I am trying to say is that Lucius Malfoy was remorseful for his tattle tale. He did what he could for Severus, and he did that by killing the one tormentor in Severus' life, at least the one that made him so haunted. What a confounding character, Lucius Malfoy is.

I love the characters, but the plot was amazing as well. It was well thought out. Every chapter was a total delight to read, as well as sitting at the edge of my seat waiting for someone to recognize Severus' pain or for someone to save him. I was so glad that Lucius came in when Severus' spirit broke. I just couldn't stop reading. I had to find out whether there was a happy ending or not. And there was. It was a quavering hopeful ending. There was still the shadow of the Light versus Dark, and how the Light Side would win when Dumbledore will refuse to send his spy back to Voldemort's side. What an interesting dilemma. I love it. It wasn't too complicated that my poor brain can't keep up, but it wasn't too simple. It was perfect. The characters were mortal; their actions were dubious, and they were grey, not black or white. Then the suspense of Severus' pain killed me. I am a dead girl commenting. Honestly, I wanted to give him an air hug! He deserves so much happiness. I was so glad that Severus gained more allies. There was Dumbledore and Minerva which grew to Sirius and Remus and (Poppy?). I just love it, and I have to end this or I will repeat myself even more. Many kudos to you!
That Called By Any Other Name chapter 23 . 7/15/2015
Anyway, I was planning on reviewing this at the end (never, more accurately) but you are too good to not review. I love how deeply you go into the charecters as well as the language and use of sensory details. Love the length of the past few chapters!
Great chapter titles...
I am really pulled in by the charecters you've created. I feel like you get into them, and have them show emotion without any rushing or making anyone WAAAY OOC.
Additionally, I feel like the Sev and Lucius conversation could actually happen. I don't think years of trusting each other could just be tossed out the window...
I also wanted to add that I love your use of bolding and italicizing. It really adds to the story, rather than takes away from it.
This is getting long, and it's late, so my brain isn't functioning properly, sooo...(FRAGMENT :( )
Whispers of the Moon OUT!
UnicorninPJs chapter 28 . 6/5/2015
That's an amazing piece of writing, a little sadistic... Ok very sadistic. But excellent use of language and very well done plot. GOOD JOB!
Little Miss Novella chapter 28 . 4/23/2015
Such a good story! I hope one day you'll finish this! :D
daisycb chapter 28 . 1/19/2015
Very intense. Wish you would finish this.
happy chapter 14 . 1/19/2015
chapter 14. WHY sirius asking stupid... And why is he being unsensitive?.. And since when he was sooo considerate about snape condition?.. But I will continue..
scgaraycochea chapter 28 . 12/4/2014
Wow! What incredible story.
Thank you very much for this wonderful experience, I love Snape character and you bring me a very credible background of him.
When I started to read the fic I thought it would be diferent, but suddenly it turn in a very well writing story, I really love it.
Sorry for my English, it si not my birth language, and I have a lot of mispellings and grammar errors.
But as a summary I really enjoy your fanfic.
Guest chapter 7 . 9/13/2014
Wow. I think I'm actually crying now. Poor, poor, terrified Sev. Please, let him get /some/ kind of help.
gummygirl chapter 25 . 7/13/2014
This chapter was intense :O
Good job :D
Akrasian chapter 22 . 3/8/2014
Brilliant. but there was one typo in the chess game between Snape and Black...

"Three Prawns left to defend his king."

That kinda ruined the mood.

Thanks fr the awesome read.
boysdroolirock chapter 28 . 8/28/2013
I really hope this is not a story you intend to leave unfinished completely sad and heartbreaking teared up a few times. What Harry and those boys intended on doing is unimaginable felt that Harry deserved that beating he got. Love it absolutely!
toboldlyfangirl chapter 24 . 8/20/2013
OMG. Sirius, what a complete and utter ASSHOLE. Poor Remus, he didn't deserve that at all.. :'(
toboldlyfangirl chapter 5 . 8/18/2013
The anon comment below is by me, I forgot to sign in, woops!