Reviews for Heaven Leaves Shadows
kitsuK8 chapter 11 . 6/26/2008
i absolutely love this story! i really really hope you decide to continue this!
Phyzryz chapter 11 . 10/4/2006
This is one of those fanfics that I never want to have an ending because it flows so wonderfully. I love it. It's in a very different and unique style, very easy to read and even easier to enjoy. Many successful writers on write about crises and tear-inducing drama and X-men saving the world, but your writing makes just as much, if not more, impact because of its simplicity, its capture of reality. It's beautiful and I hope you continue it!
Loneraven chapter 11 . 2/2/2006
I've been meaning to read this for quite awhile. Anyways, you are a very talented author. I enjoy the couple stuffs and I hope Bobby and Lorna get back together... as they are my second favorite couple. Anyho, great fic and I hope you find the time to update it once again.
Drache chapter 11 . 8/3/2005
beautifully written fic... i sincerely hope you keep up the good work and UPDATE!
M. Puzo chapter 1 . 5/7/2005
Loving this stuff, anxious to see where Bobby/Lorna goes...

You treat Bobby right here and I'll treat Siryn right over at NXmen... maybe ;)
Nicole Wagner chapter 1 . 4/29/2005
Wow! This is really good. It's great to see X-Men as normal people... and sad to see Remy with Fridgaphobia, which should have been in the comics. Great job! I hope to read more, soon!

Regards,

Nicole Wagner: The Deadly Gambit
toturnagain chapter 11 . 2/27/2005
"Review Patchy fanfic"

That was on my to-do list.

Don't you feel special?

A twitchy mansion, eh? Pins and needles, oh, how I love it!

All of these interactions are leading up to something, right? Am I correct in guessing this will be a very long story?
Ludi chapter 11 . 1/16/2005
Meh, I don't blame you about trying to stick to a monthly schedule... I'm willing to bet there are much more exciting things in your life this moment, and besides, I'm not doing too well with the whole update either. I'm glad your forging ahead with the project anyhow. This is one of my fave fics on this site, so I'd be mighty sad if you'd decided to give it up. Especially when we haven't had the interlude of a certain Cajun just yet. ;)

Okay, onto the review. Honestly, I thought the first scene was a bit awkward. I don't know whether that was down to getting into the chapter and just warming up, but some of the expressions seemed a bit... I dunno, stilted? It just needed more of a flow to feel the group mood more. Generally, it's only the first few scenes that I felt a little iffy with - seems the later ones you'd warmed up more because they seem to run a lot smoother, so don't be paranoid, dear, I still loved it. *hugz*

Loved the next Hank/Kurt scene. Lovely dialogue just to break up the sombre pace of the beginning that brought a big smile to my face. Also - Kurt was driving the car with his tail! Awesome detail! -

"Bobby fell back into the snow, waving his arms slightly and making a snow angel. A few snowflakes landed on his nose and the stray locks of hair on his face. They even caught on his eyelashes and fluttered up and down, up and down with each blink. And they melted on his lips as he smiled bitterly and sighed."

Sorry, I just had to plug that whole bit in there. Very elegant scene-setting and yet beautifully melancholic. Snow is just such a gorgeous image, and you set up this idea of Bobby being some kind of creature of the snow, someone who's completely one with it, and I just thought that was a great reflection on his character. It's like you gave me a new insight into his character, which was cool since he's nowhere near the top of my list of faves. :)

I'm also finding the theme of Jean and Scott being 'the perfect couple' quite intriguing here. You raise the point that maybe it isn't really that they're the perfect couple; rather that they're experiences are so different, and maybe that they're more mature from what they've learned. Of course, Jean had to deal with Phoenix and Scott had to deal with her loss not to mention sending his son into the future... In all the chaos of everyone else's lives you tend to forget all the mess they've been through too... And that they're not the all-powerful, indomitable team leaders everyone makes them out to be. In a way, they've been through more than all the others put together, so I can understand them not exactly making light of everyone else's woes, but at leats leaving their troubles for them to sort out.

Nice interaction between Rems and Lorna. They're the last couple I'd expect to see any interaction with... Hell, they've been on the same team for nearly a year now and have they even exchanged 2 words with each other? This is the extent of Austen's team-gelling expertise. But enough of that. It was simple, it was nice, it worked and sounded natural. I'd love to see more interaction between these two! :D

And finally - great little interlude with Hank at the end there. I have to say that his reaction is the one I'd probably have. Hurt, but acceptance. All things must end, and I guess we've all just got to be content to live with that.

All in all a good chapter - just needs a little work to get it picture perfect. ;) Can't wait to see how you wrap this up - whenever you get round to doing that. ;)

Keep up the amazing work.

-Ludi x
Telepathic Angel chapter 11 . 1/15/2005
Wow-o-wo great chapter as always! hehe luv da Scott and Jean JOTT rocks! Poor Rogue nothing seems to be going right for her! Can't wait till next chapter! update soon? Well i can hope!
hill chapter 11 . 1/13/2005
that was awsome, keep it up!
angyxoxo chapter 11 . 1/11/2005
Darling, I could never forget a gem like you ;p Anyway, I finally found some time to finish reading this. Just to let you know, I have been reading this one chapter for the past four days... whenever i could find a spare moment :) see, i can't forget you.

On with the review...

You are one of my inspirations, did you know that? Remember that short story that I started months ago? You probably don't, but lately when i'm procrastinating, I've been working on it like a madwoman - trying to get it done. However, recently, i hit another rough bump with it and although i get inspired by different ideas from books that i'm currently reading or music that i'm listening to, i'm still stuck... that is until now. After reading this chapter, it merely reminded me that sometimes, the simplest way to embed an emotion into the reader is cutting out the dramatics and writing smooth curt sentences. This is why I love your writing. You describe human emotions and turmoil so simply, no flowery words, no long complex sentences - you tell it as it is. And reading this chapter reminded me how much I love this story and how inspiring it is for a writer. thank you :)

and you know that i also love this story because i love how you portrayed the human side of the x-men so beautifully. One would think that with saving the world on their minds all the time, that would be their real problems. But, you remind us that, even though they are super-heros, they are humans first and sometimes it's that fact of living like everyone else makes it so hard for our heroes to enjoy the supposed "simple" things that is life. I bet most of them would rather save the world against A-Poc and Sinister than to live through the arcane jumble of emotions they are enduring instead. Superheroes who save the world but can't save themselves... ironic, ain't it?

Lastly, i'm just curious how you're going to end this? Will Remy finally stop being such a wimp and walk outside? Will Rogue's guilt finally disappear? Will Hank find love (because he deserves it so)? Will Lorna learn to live after Alex? Will Bobby find someone who loves him as much as he will love her? So many questions... but one thing that i'm glad with this chapter is that Jean doesn't feel guilty for her life. She shouldn't have to. and I'm glad she doesn't.

Anyway, wonderful chapter, i look forward to the next ;p

- angy
Red Eyed Cajun chapter 11 . 1/10/2005
WOW Dat was cool. More please. You must keep writing, this is great stuff. I love the whole Remy and rogue part. Oh, i really hope he ventures outside. Good stuff : b
ishandahalf chapter 11 . 1/7/2005
more fab stuff. i'm glad rogue sorta confronted remy about his little problem, rather than just letting it fester, but it doesn't seem to have done much good, does it? sigh. well, the point is, great stuff. it's so interesting to have a fic about the everyday emotions and feelings rather than the huge end of the world superhero scenarios. so keep it coming!
Sweety Rahai chapter 11 . 1/7/2005
Wonderful. Simply wonderful. All the angst and the sulking gez. I so dont blame Jeanie. Coffee makes headaches go away? Gimme gimme gimme! *holds the coffee pot hostage*

Go Remy! Atleast sorta admittin yo' got a problem is a step. A small step but a step! And Lorna...gee...whats there t' say eh? -.- An' poor Bobby *shakes head* Poor Scott too *giggles* Loved the last part on Hank. That was just... the last words were perfect. 'alone but fairly content' sums me life up these days :) Alone but quite content.
Angie chapter 11 . 1/6/2005
I loved Scott and Jean. And at least Rogue is starting to confront Gambit. She needs to quit feeling guilty or letting him make her feel guilty so that she (and the rest of the team) can actually do SOMETHING about him. This is a sickness and it's gotten out of hand. Gambit can't live the rest of his life like this and if Rogue needs to leave him if it gets too bad, so be it. Maybe she'll be better off if he's not going to help himself.