Reviews for Footprints in the Waters
TrisakAminawn chapter 2 . 9/5/2006
Aww! Adorable. I didn't see a pairing, but then I'm good at not seeing pairings. White-plum cup? That sounds like some kind of irony. Dear Hiko. Silly. But smooth, gruff, et al. And I like the Kaoru here as well.

How do you drown a fish, Hiko?
TrisakAminawn chapter 1 . 9/5/2006
Hehe. Kenshin's old shirt. Of course, I'm pretty sure he has more than one in the manga, if only because he shows up in at least three colours on the covers, but I hear in the anime it's always the same magenta, as peculiarly unmangled as Kenshin himself. As Father would say, the joys of being animated. Yes, I'm rattling on in a review about your two-year-old fic. Hee. Ugly new hair-ribbon for Kaoru. That is cute. Sorry, only semi-lucid just now...
sueb262 chapter 2 . 5/3/2005
It looks you've stopped on this one, and for that I'm sorry. These are wonderful vignettes.

And I disagree that this one sounds "suspiciously like a Kaoru/Hiko pairing". I really like exploring the deep feelings that can develop between people that are NOT based on romantic love, but on other, equally enduring relationships. This one speaks to respect, growing appreciation - all the things that make for a long and rewarding friendship.
sueb262 chapter 1 . 5/3/2005
I really like how you've developed the Kenshin that has left behind the revolution, and has exercised the courage to build a new life/rediscover his "original" self.

Very touching; tender and moving.
Angrybee chapter 1 . 2/19/2004
O. This chapter makes me feel all swoony. I probably shouldn't read the next one. A strange premonition tells me if this gets better, I might end up crying at work.
So cool! Two thumbs up.
Mir chapter 2 . 2/12/2004
What an interesting idea - fan fiction off of fan fiction! But I've really enjoyed your first two installments of this collection. Your ability to get inside the minds of the characters and your crisp, poignant dialogue always make your writing a pleasure to read.
Crystal Renee chapter 2 . 2/5/2004
Aw... that was so cute. I don't know why. I just thought it was. I really enjoyed that.
Velda chapter 2 . 2/5/2004
I finished reading the last 6 chapters of your 100-chapter fic, and loved it. So you can imagine how happy I was when I checked your bio and saw you've posted another RK fic - for a while I thought you left RK behind for the Kingdom Hearts fandom LOL.
The way you wrote about Kenshin's attachment to his kimono was thought-provoking and uplifting at the end. And that cat's smart-aleck 'tude was right on! Cats are so like that.
For this chapter, I really liked Hiko's mix of smirking arrogance and care for his student and his landlady. He really is like a father. The sentence on Kenshin growing a brain? LOL!
Loved it and hope you'll consider doing that sequel to Kendo no Go, too. I'm sad there's no more to read. Heh.
PraiseDivineMercy chapter 2 . 2/4/2004
Very good. I like how you incorporated the scene from Seisouhen. I wouldn't call it a pairing more like father-in-law/daughter-in-law relationship-and what an in-law to have! People need to remember that Hiko is in his forties. _
A suggestion: Desite the italics, I was a little confused as which character was thinking. I would add things like "Hiko thought", "Kaoru wondered", etc.
Interesting that now some fics have become so classic, people are writing fanfics of fanfics.
tigerrelly chapter 2 . 2/4/2004
I absolutely loved that! Very nice piece. I really like the whole interaction between them. Are you going to be continuing, hopefully soon? hehe. Keep up the good work! :)
Shiomei chapter 2 . 2/4/2004
Make a Hiko/Kaoru fic! Please! I know you can do a very good one. These ones were great.
Congratulations!
Bye!
ChiisaiKo chapter 2 . 2/4/2004
Oh god, that's so beautiful. It's amazing and I cannot believe how well you've captured all of the behaviors, characteristics and nuances of the characters. Amazing story. Graceful narration. You never cease to amaze me, Akai.
Wistful-Eyes chapter 2 . 2/4/2004
HikoXKaoru? Wooh, scary. ' Great job again! It was neat to see that you included the White Plum cup from Seisouhen in this. Cyz!
TanukiGirl22 chapter 2 . 2/4/2004
wow, another great one, this is a really good idea to work with, i'll be waiting for more!
Calger chapter 2 . 2/4/2004
Nice job writing Hiko, he's a character I love to pieces but haven't had the bravery to explore yet. Heh, I always wondered where Kenshin got the plum blossom cup he was holding in "Seishouhen" *carefully posts "not official continuity" sticker on that last sentence*. I'm really curious to see whose fic you do next...no specific suggestions from me yet, give me time to think of some though :) Maybe Broken Pieces? Or is AU off limits for this? A Hiko/Kaoru pairing...hmm interesting if slightly disturbing idea. I don't think they'd actually work though. They're so cute in this ficlet, but it's as friends I think _ Happy writing, ja!