Reviews for Never the Victim
Lolchen chapter 1 . 4/25/2009
Nice. I wonder what would happen later, with Yuugi older. How he would take on being bullied and stuff. I like your image of his mother Though I dunno about his father... but well, who cares? You've done a fine job, really!

lg

Lolchen
hA-UkA chapter 1 . 9/18/2008
This was well done and I think is best as a one shot, but you could add part or all this in as a sort of flashback for another one of your stories.
kingleby chapter 1 . 1/16/2006
whoa, that was so beautifully done!
kanakonokawaii chapter 1 . 6/21/2004
Mother's love, Father's mistake, Son's lesson...

Poor Yaoki, so overprotective, wonder why Yugi's dad get alcoholic all of the sudden?

This fic is truly inspiring...keep it up...and maybe children with parents who have problems might have the strenght to fix their problems...

Damn, I'm getting emotional...
Hotaru-Yuugijou chapter 1 . 6/3/2004
*Sniffle* Aw, so good. Update, pleaseness. This is too good to be a oneshot.
Shi-koi chapter 1 . 4/18/2004
A very well written short piece. Maybe too well done? No. That's probably just me.
I was slightly shellshocked when I read this. It was just too damn close to my own experience with my ex-partner, although my son at the time was only eight months old.
So, some pretty nasty memories blindsided me. But, I'm glad in a way. Being able to read this and disassociate myself with the characters was a blessing.
Even besides all that, this was superbly written. It cuts to the quick and the subtle implications regarding Yugi's relationship with his family and friends was shadowed ever so nicely, giving a softer and yet, slightly darker feel to this piece.
His mother's responses were so real. I don't know about if anyone has asked why she didn't do anything sooner, but this was so damn realistic that it *hurt*.
My stomach is still churning.
You are absolutely right about the willingness to protect one's offspring, and about one's right to live, to protect yourself.
I forgot that for a while and I paid the price.
Thank you for writing this.
Hugs,
~Shi-koi~
Nasyki chapter 1 . 3/19/2004
WA!*cry, cry* that was so sad...*cry, cry* he he he...I LOVE IT! YA, SAD!- I likes that fic...
Abi2 chapter 1 . 3/17/2004
Wow. I never really thought about what could happen in a situation like that. It makes you think. This was well done and I think is best as the one shot it is. But you could go into how it affected Yuugi's life after that and such. JA!
Ente chapter 1 . 2/28/2004
aw taht was good! so now the ygo to stay with yugis grandpa or something? _ i really liked it!
Cloud-1-3-5 and Ame Emi Dai chapter 1 . 2/10/2004
*blinks* Wow... yet another powerfully emotive piece... This story was certainly not like anything I've read before, even under this sort of genre... It was just... you felt it.
*bites lip* Once I've had time to contemplate this, I'll probably rave about it in a future email, but until then... Fantastic. That's all I have to say. Just another reminder of exactly why you're on all lists that offers!
Zoe chapter 1 . 1/27/2004
Tis good.
DaLizzie chapter 1 . 1/14/2004
I am so glad she shot that bastard, he was going to hurt Yugi! Great story, is this a one-shot or will it be continued? If it is going to be continued, I'll be looking forward to an update! _
Perpetually Annoyed chapter 1 . 1/13/2004
Woah... Very interesting and sad... Poor little Yuugi. Everyone seems to pick on him (or tries to), don't they? I admire his mother for never giving in to anyone or anything, even if her lesson to her son was a little drastic. Still, drastic times call for drastic measures.
My reviews keep getting shorter and shorter... (Maybe it's a good thing.) Anyway, keep on writing, and I'll keep on reviewing!
kristen chapter 1 . 1/13/2004
I loved it!
it's so nice to see a mother care for her child!
Yami-Yugi3 chapter 1 . 1/13/2004