Reviews for Signs of Life
toothchick chapter 1 . 6/16/2009
Well, things worked out better than he dreamed!
SunrunnersFirebird chapter 1 . 9/11/2006
uh huh... a little to out of character for my taste... but entertaining none the less
totally random chapter 1 . 9/11/2005
this just brings a smile to my face.
csmit99 chapter 1 . 6/9/2005
brilliant as always:)
beaujolais chapter 1 . 6/8/2005
Many, many apologies, VR. Obviously, my review was for a completely different story. So much for trying to multitask.
CarbyluvYTDAW chapter 1 . 6/8/2005
Wow. That was totally awesome! I almost cried; the ending is so sweet. Phenomenol job! (-)
beaujolais chapter 1 . 6/8/2005
Oh, I love character/romance, especially when the characters and romance are Brass and Sara. The confrontation definitely lived up to expectations and I really love it when Jim gets pissed and shows a little muscle.

It’s so nice to see a non-GSR reaction to the whole Debbie Marlin situation. Your assessment was very insightful, giving a different and logical perspective of Grissom and Sara based on what’s been presented in the episodes. The other thing you touched on, which I think doesn’t get addressed enough, is the fact that Grissom has seen other women yet he does appear to get possessive/jealous whenever Sara seems to be moving away from him. Your interpretation of his reaction seemed very much in character, as did Sara’s response. And I love seeing Strong Sara who has finally realized she does need to move on. I’m so glad someone else has realized that there’s more to Brass than a lot of hair and a pretty face.
GraveDigger Resurrection chapter 1 . 11/18/2004
ooh ooh oh oh! *happy dance* great story, so sweet! WONDERFUL! I love the whole sign language aspect, and...aw! *skips off to read your other stories*
Pheo chapter 1 . 11/9/2004
Was this your first GS story? It's lovely! Even Grissom getting into Sara's house was believable the way you have written it. I like Sara's using her webcam to record her nightmares, too-that was a unique idea.
Bethe chapter 1 . 3/10/2004
Oh, this was beautiful. ASL is a wonderful language, is it not? I noticed another reviewer didn't get the "two grammars" concept. I'm not sure if this was what you were aiming for, but ASL does have a different grammar structure than the spoken word, so it made sense to me. Oh, the G sign *can* be held against the heart, but it's also the sign for guilty, and we don't want that for our dear Grissom's sign name. Wonderful little story. Good job!
~~Bethe
Penn O'Hara chapter 1 . 2/5/2004
Hey, VRT ... I like this one a lot! So, I'm not into regular character pairing, but this was just so nicely done, that I even overlooked the fact that I can't *ever* imagine Grissom would sneak into a woman's bedroom for *any* reason. Just 'cos I can't imagine it, doesn't mean he wouldn't do it! :-D I loved the webcam, I loved Sara's reaction to the visit, and I loved the signing descriptions. Well done!
Kate Kirkengardner chapter 1 . 1/18/2004
You certainly have a way with words, I love some of the adjectives and modifiers that you've used, your flow has a fluid grace which I really, really admire.
I felt like the scenario was a bit out-of-character, I really couldn't see Grissom sneaking into Sara's home. However, I was able to suspend my disbelief for the good of the story and really enjoyed it.
Please contact me if you still need a beta, I would be priviledged to be of service to you.
-Katie
Queen B chapter 1 . 1/17/2004
that was so sweet
coolbyrne chapter 1 . 1/13/2004
This was very nice. I generally hate using that word because it's so generic, but this was sweet/touching/fitting/etc... so "nice" seemed to fit. *grin* Found the ending a bit too abrupt, but that's probably only because it's rare to find such a good story. Thanks!
lisa chapter 1 . 1/13/2004
argh that was so sweet! :D :D i loved it! really original and so very very sweet :) keep it up!
lisa