Reviews for Trade Rule One
Tara chapter 1 . 2/16/2012
Aw, that was really cute. Like the previous reviewer said, it's very rare to come across a decent Zell story, much less one where he is remotely in character. I hate when people just make him overly whiny, shallow, etc. :/ It's also rare to come across a friendship fanfiction with no romance (especially between guys :P), but this one made up for it.

Anyway, you managed to make Rinoa a lot less annoying than she was in the game, but she still seemed in character, so congrats on that :P

And I loved the part when Zell twirled Rinoa around after she said he's a nice guy - so cute! Honestly, way cuter and more sincere than any Rinoa/Squall moment in the game...and also, it gets a plus for not having tons of random blushing. I really hate that in a story, but almost everyone has characters blushing constantly...it's not only unrealistic, but also really annoying lol.

Thanks for a sweet, down-to-earth story.
Velkyn Karma chapter 1 . 12/1/2007
I do so love your interpretation of these two, especially Zell. Unlike most fanfic writers here-who seem to enjoy making him whiny, stupid, or overly excitable-I think you've hit his personality perfectly. To me, Zell has always been friendly, and while energetic, never in an annoying or bad way. The way you've written him here, this has been conveyed most excellently. And not only that, but he has his serious moments here as well, and his caring ones, when he looks out for other team members.

The relationship here between Rinoa and Zell is endearing too-because it's not an out-and-out boyfriend/girlfriend scenario. If anything it's more brotherly/sisterly, or (as you put it at the end) one of best friends. Since this is rarely seen in fanfiction, and especially in the Final Fantasy sections, I find this to be an exceptional quality. I always interpreted Rinoa and Zell this way, too-Zell looking out for Rinoa, but as a close friend/brother figure, not as a potential boyfriend and rival for Squall. Some of the scenes you've written here-like Zell promising to 'have words' with Squall if something messed up in a relationship with Rinoa, or teaching her how to play the card game-are just so endearing in a refreshingly nice way. A good job, very good.

You have a nice handle of the English language too, which is very nice. Too many good ideas have been killed off completely by poor writing skills. But your style is fluid and graceful, easy to read, and it invokes quite a lot of nice imagery. Also well done.

Very nice, overall. Good job to you. I think this will be going on my faves, just because I enjoyed it so much.

Velkyn Karma
sivasixthreeoh chapter 1 . 8/8/2005
Wow. Funny, cute, engaging and extremely well written. 10/10.

One of the best fics I've ever read. Loved it. :)

MOREMOREMORE
Danielle chapter 1 . 6/22/2005
Oh man, this story is cute. Really got it right between Rin and Zell there. Thanks for writing ;P / Danielle
Quison school computer chapter 1 . 2/8/2004
Great story, Brooke! I loved the interraction between Zell and Rinoa. Wonderful characterisation of her for someone who doesn't particulary like her ;)
-Laura.
Lord Snow chapter 1 . 1/13/2004
Hey, this is really great!
I wasn't sure if you meant for it to develop a 'thing' between Rinoa and Zell so I just took it at face value and came off thinking that they just got to be good friends? XD
But seriously, this is a great piece of work. Keep it up .
Kitian chapter 1 . 1/13/2004
"If only every male could have a little more Zell Dincht programmed into him." Not a bad idea...
It's true, the friendship between Zell and Rinoa seems to come perfectly naturally; they're both light-hearted, caring, overenthusiastic,and optimistic. All those qualities were captured in this quite nicely; once again, great vocabulary and mood. All that's left for you to cover now is a Selphie/Squall friendship piece...gotta be fair to everyone! *grin*