Reviews for Duty II
mysinger chapter 1 . 1/11
Sad but plausible and very well-written. It could have happened this way. Dumbledore proved himself quite capable of asking others to make exceedingly painful choices for "the greater good", no one more so than Severus Snape.
Hoodie Hugger chapter 1 . 12/21/2013
This isn't the first place I've read it, but I really like the idea that Percy still loved his family but had to pretend to be angry and cut ties with them so that the Ministry wouldn't be able to use him to spy on the other Weasleys.
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 1/10/2013
Oh dear, this is an interesting take on things.
Light on the Horizon chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
Loved this too :)
friendlyquark chapter 1 . 6/15/2007
Beautiful. I too would like to believe that Percy hasn't really gone to the other side. I loved your story, it was quite perfect.
RubyLinkle chapter 1 . 4/27/2006
Cool idea! I like how you've changed our perspective of Percy from "selfish" to "self-sacrificing".
TeenTypist chapter 1 . 3/12/2006
I preferred the first piece I think, but only because the thought of Percy working secretly for Dumbledore had never occurred to me and I still have to wrap my brain around that idea. Well-written certainly. All in all great job.
cecelle chapter 1 . 3/12/2006
"Now he didn't WANT to be independent, he wanted to go HOME. And tea tasted like home." Poor Percy. He really is still just a kid, and so alone.

"Someone had to do the boring, lonely, unpleasant jobs, and if nobody else had the discipline and fortitude to handle it, well, then he would have to do them all."

Hope he gets his shiny medal and his Arithmancy job!
Bambu chapter 1 . 9/10/2005
This is as good a rationale for Percy's seeming defection as I've ever read... and so heartbreaking for him. Just a beautiful characterization.
duj chapter 1 . 8/27/2005
Lovely Percy fic. Are you going to write a post-HBP one now that he has to report to someone other than Dumbledore? Did Dumbly make succession plans or will Percy be left high and dry by his death?
Ann-MCN chapter 1 . 8/25/2005
WHen you finish Survivors, I'd love to read a long fic with Percy as the center.
Quickbeam chapter 1 . 1/29/2004
First off, I just wanted to say that I'm very, very envious of you.
You've managed to redeem Percy, who I've always liked, and turn him into a character that we can relate to, one we can love. I was heartbroken at the way things were going in OttP, and this makes it a lot easier to believe. I hope this turns out to be turn.
Congratulations on the Niffle! *smiles* I'm very glad I found this. You're an AMAZING author. I wish I could say this more complimentary, but you really touched me. It was heartbreaking, but real. Sometimes we forget the Percy's a member of the Weasley family, just like everyone else. He's got his duty, and he's the perfect one for the job.
I think I'll find writing him in my own fics much easier. So, for that I thank you.
Fantastic work. I adore your stories.
best regards, Quickbeam
netkerosene chapter 1 . 1/19/2004
Another wow.
The emotion you've captured here is wonderful. So very touching and displays how things like this, like family fights go like wildfire given the slightest provocation. And now he's entrenched too deep and there's no way out and he can't even make it up with his family because it'd give him away... It's a rare fic that makes me feel so strongly in so few words. You've really captured Percy brilliantly. I hope to see more of your HP fic.
(Incidentally, and lacking anywhere else to put this i'll ask here - Are you intending to archive your X-fic here? Or do you have a website you're hiding from us all?)
Andrea13 chapter 1 . 1/14/2004
"A 'please, Mr. Weasley, do take a teaching position at Hogwarts, well paid of course, with holidays off and permission to turn any nieces and nephews into small rodents if they behave anything like your brothers and sister did, and would you like a medal, a shiny one, and I will explain to your parents that it was entirely my fault' sized debt."
*gigglefits* How very Percy-like! This was as beautiful as the first Duty, and as I told you, exactly what I had in mind from the first time I heard about the fight reading OOtP. He's just too perfectly placed for a very needed spy. I can't wait to see it all come together in future books!
Crystal Lightning chapter 1 . 1/13/2004
This is so good. you have to make like a series or something. I LOVE THESE STORIES! GREAT JOB! AMAZING JOB! but i feel so bad for percy i just want to hug him lol! KEEP WRITING!