Reviews for snows of time
Minerakf chapter 36 . 12/31/2015
This was great! The plot was amazing! Only thing: could you capitalize words properly and you know, spell the people's names correctly? It's Thranduil, not Thundrul, and you wrote Glimli and Aragon several times! XD
But overall very awesome story!
Emrys Myrddrin chapter 37 . 5/1/2011
I loved this story very much except for one thing. You spelled Legolas' fathers name wrong, it is spelled Thranduil.
your punctuation chapter 3 . 2/20/2011
You kinda need to watch your punctiation. You know, like commas exclamation marks, ect...
Escape my reality chapter 6 . 6/9/2010
ok, so this is a very good fic and i do love how you used the crossover but i have to point out a few things. 1. grandalfs name is mithrandir (or at least its one of his). the order he belongs to (including saruman) are called the Istari. also if aragorn, boromir, and legolas had to pretend to be students at least the 2 human ones would need glamors because both at least look over 30 years old. there is no way they could pass as 17. another thing, elves do sleep, they sleep with heir eyes open and dont need as much but they do sleep.
Freya Byron chapter 27 . 1/4/2008
Bwahahaha, "Fifty points from Gryffindor for being out of bed"

"I have a potions assignment to finish"

"That had better be done by tomorrow, Potter."

Ha ha, awesome!

:D Freya
Freya Byron chapter 11 . 1/4/2008
:D I loved how they woke Snape up by whacking him with a pillow. Very origional.

Good job!

Freya :D
sazza-da-vampire chapter 1 . 8/18/2007
actiually, I'm no stranger to people that should be in a lunatic asylum, and i am not bored to tears! okay, i'll read the next chapter.
Velvet Obsession chapter 2 . 7/21/2006
Valar, that was hilarious. "At least he looks it"...I'm suprised someone didn't just strangle (Ron, I assume).
Vanerina chapter 35 . 11/3/2005
I will not be doing chapter by chapter evaluation, so let me give an overall review of your story.

First off, let me say that your pen-name is very accurate.

Like many of the overused plot ideas, "Fellowship goes to Hogwarts" can be pulled off in rare situations. This story was not one of those situations.

It plummeted into the abyss by having a smoking cauldren in the middle of the path of Caradhras acting as a portkey to where Hagrid is holding a CoMC class in the forbidden forest.

Here the author acknowledges that Westron is not English, but solves the problem by having Gandalf knowing english on account of having visited Earth millennia ago.

They are taken to Dumbledore who asks no questions and gives the translation rings, then offers to let them join Hogwarts as students.

The rest of the story consists of mangled names, grammar, punctuation, canonical plot and languages (English and Elvish) and a series of events that flows as smoothly as Niagra Falls and are as unlikly as Voldemort wearing a pink tutu and declaring Harry his best friend.

These events include Legolas being able to kill dementors by his mere presense, everyone becoming animagi with multiple forms in a single lesson, people being arrested for accidental transfiguration and references to very unlikely childhood excapades.

Just when I thought it couldn't get worse, Sam is accidentally portkeyed to Voldemort's lair, where Harry and others promptly go to rescue him. Harry and Voldemort engage in a verbal catfight where Voldemort seems to have reverted to childhood, as his end of the conversation generally consists of 'you can't do that!', 'Shut up you brat!' and 'You will die/I'm going to kill you!' and Harry manages to tell Voldemort just about all the potentially useful information he has, also claiming that his mother is decended from elves. Ron then creates a portkey and they all escape from a room packed with death eaters and return to Hogwarts, as Snape yells that they have lost several hundred points for being out of bed.

We thank whatever we hold sacred as the story winds to a close with a visit to Grimmauld Place, Hermione as the Queen's niece, tea and a sleepover at Buckingham Palace and a portkey that lands them outside the woods of Lothlorien.

Much to my shock, there was boundless (and mindless) praise for this piece of skrewet droppings, and only a few authors smart enough to point out the flaws.

I am sorry if you find my review offensive, but I call it as I see it.
Nathalia chapter 15 . 8/30/2005
May I point out that while Harry or Ron may have skipped class once in a while, by accident or not, Hermione would never do such a thing, at least not without going into a panic.

Examples are in Goblet of Fire and Prisoner of Azkaban.

In Prisoner of Azkaban, Hermione misses a Charms class because she is fast asleep from her workload and was using the time-turner. When she is woken by Harry and Ron when they return from lunch, she is frantic and rushes off to apologise to Flitwick and retrive the days assignments.

In Goblet of Fire, Hermione is helping Harry perfect the Summoning Charm for the First Task. Harry was perfectly happy to skip Diviniation, but Hermione refuses to miss Arithmancy, even though they are working on something that could mean the difference between Harry's life and death.

You keep saying that you are doing your best, or that you are busy and don't have time to spellcheck, or that your spellchecker isn't working, or that you will try harder.

If you are doing your best, strive to improve, it is a natural ambition of life.

If you are busy and don't have time to spare, them save your work and go over it when you are not so busy before posting. Same goes for if your spellchecker is down. If all else fails, find a beta reader, or have a friend or family member go over it with you.

Don't TRY to do better, DO better or don't bother posting in the first place.

eg. 'byecos dad wanna get on the fone'.

Correctly: "Because Dad wants to get on/ use the phone"

I've read part of your other works, and it shows that you CAN do better if you try.
Anonymos chapter 37 . 6/23/2005
I really liked your story. The random or fairly pointless chapters kept things interesting. The pranks were great and really funny.
BrownieMelody chapter 25 . 6/1/2005
AHH! I am addicted! Cant wait to read more! And i need to read the sequel too! SO much to read...so little time! Ta ta...its great!

~Brownie
Vaneria Potter chapter 35 . 5/29/2005
It's 'Gimli', and house elves do not go around planting dungbombs.

Kretcher may be touched in the head, but he also considers himself to be a proper house-elf. Proper house-elves do not play pranks.

That sort of excuse may have been expected from Neville Longbottom, but certainly not Gred and Forge. They have too much self respect to even consider saying something like that.

Not to mention that Molly would have had to have been as thick as a granite boulder to even consider accepting that excuse from anyone, let alone the twins.
Vaneria Potter chapter 33 . 5/29/2005
Why is Queen Elizabeth being referred to as 'Liz'?

Evev in the (so very beyond improbable) event that Hermione is a relation, and therefore might somehow get away with 'Aunt Liz' Everyone else would probably be under arrest for disrespect if they tried.

Also, the royal family cannot afford to instantly go on first-name basis with people that they have just met, nevermind have them stay the night, regardless of a distant reletive's judge of charecter.

And concerning a few chapters ago, no person in a position of authority can just start throwing their weight around like that. Changing rules or making exceptions for one person that you would not do for everyone is just asking for riots, rebellions, and whispers of tyranny and favoritism.
Vaneria Potter chapter 30 . 5/29/2005
You think that Aragorn and Boromir are so thin-skined as to be even the slightest bit offended when someone asks a perfectly innocent quesion about their behavioral patterns?

Steward's son or not, Boromir is not instinctivly popular with everyone he meets. He will have been referred to in a less than polite manner more than once, even if only in jest.

Rangers as a whole are not well-respected or even well-liked by the main populace. At the Council of Elrond Aragorn states outright that he has been spoken of in degrogatary terms on a regular basis.

If they did decide to take offence, it is likely that everyone would be running as fast as possible in the opposite direction, and Mr Weasely would be apologising for Ron's percived insult, not asking them not to threaten his son.

And it's WEASELY, by the way, not Wealsy.