Reviews for You Don't See Me
NinjaxSketcheartx chapter 1 . 3/19/2014
Now, while I generally love reading angst and hurt/comfort stories, I wouldn't say Cloud is too oblivious to Tifa. He did, after all, join the army just to impress her (which is a bit of a stretch imo). But overall, I love how you wrote this, especially when you explained that part with Aerith, and Yuffie and Vincent's relationship.

Good job on this :)
lapaxlove chapter 1 . 9/20/2013
Weeps, poor Tifa, she so deserves love! I love Cloud and Tifa but this piece is so beautifully written!
missy chapter 1 . 4/26/2011
i cried reading depicted her feelings well and I felt it. Great job! ... I am cloti but I would really like to hit cloud right now. thanks!
Banana Matriarch chapter 1 . 12/29/2010
i was listening to bruno mars "grenade" whilst reading this. It bloody fit perfectly...Kinda...

Great story!

You should write another chapter!\

:)xo
Rorudesu-chan chapter 1 . 5/3/2009
i love the wordplay! great job! but cloud loves tifa.. haha.. good thing he realized it before it was all too late
flipped chapter 1 . 4/29/2008
beautiful.
godzilla dreams chapter 1 . 7/18/2007
You make me incoherent with nostalgia :( Go away.

But no, seriously. This piece is just the sort of thing I adore reading: reminiscent, honest, and with a quiet reflection of watching things happen that you can't stop.

Tifa is not one of my favorite characters, I'll admit that much. But still... she has her flaws. And most fic I've read that include her don't have much insight as to how she thinks, feels, and why she reacts in certain ways.

Thank you so much.
mistakenXsilence chapter 1 . 6/29/2007
wow. i must be many years late in reviewing, but i still believe that it's worth the review to review. a very beautiful story.
Lallie who's to lazy to log in chapter 1 . 11/16/2006
Ok, so I should be doing my essay for Jet but this was pretty.
Tee Vee chapter 1 . 7/6/2006
Aah! That was friggin' awesome. I'm not really into reading dramatic "Tifa ponders relationship with Strife" fics, but this was a good read. Heheh. I really liked it! Okay now. Goodbye! SMILE! :)
nesza chapter 1 . 4/23/2006
wow...that was breathtakingly wonderful. i don't know how you manage to put so much emotions and so much pain in a little amount of words. the fic is very well written and the plot is very realistic. tifa's resignation is very much like her resignation by the end of the game. very in-character and i must say, i'm beginning to like tifa because of this.

write more, i beg you...i'm off to read your other works now. _
Rose-Wisteria chapter 1 . 3/1/2006
I know it's been a long time since you wrote this but I only found it now. Hehe.

Damn, your writing style sure throw mine out the window in an instant. Your writing style is so beautiful and elegant, and easy to read. Ah darn it, I love it so much! For some reason, in this fic, I saw it so clearly and loved it from beginning to end.

You know what? You are such a great and flexible writer you can probably write on any pairings, whether they are unique, canon, out-of-norm, etc. Yuffie/Valentine was pulled off extremely well in this fic. Their personalities balanced out each other, and it was nice to see how their relationship is going. Can it be love?

The center of this fic is Tifa though and her thoughts. Everything was beautiful, intense, and very much realistic than other fics I've seen. I won't comment much since you know what your strong and weak points are but I must say, that is a very delightful fic! Sad, but extremely well-written. I bet all your other reviewers already gave their thoughts on it. I felt the same way. The ending was the best part.

I won't say anymore but write more. _
Blade chapter 1 . 8/27/2005
The way you portray Tifa is very creepy... If I thought in detail of a dead girl's wedding with my romatic interest I would definately be contemplating suicide! It is also disturbing that she feels that she should be in control of all of Cloud's thoughts. So what if Cloud calls out Aeris's name out in his sleep! Did she consider that maybe Cloud felt guilty about Aeris's death. Did she seek to console him in his need! I do not consider just sitting by a bed helping. She should tell Cloud how she feels now, or she will only have herself to blame in the end. I did however enjoy your Yuffie and Vincent pairing. I liked how their personalities rubbed off on one another.
Thyme In Her Eyes chapter 1 . 11/30/2004
An achingly human portrayal of Tifa - you expressed her state of mind and her conflicted feelings wonderfully, and her feelings towards Cloud and Aeris are just as I'd imagine them to be in the game. This 'fic was so warm and tender as well as sad without at any point lapsing into melodrama or sap - for a piece like this, it's all too easy to fall into the trap of writing a black hole of suicidal angst. You avoided this (thank you!) and your story and characterization is so much stronger because of that. And at the same time, I was really affected by this - it was so poignant. Tifa's resignation is so sad, but at the same time her support of Cloud strangely uplifting. And again, your characterization is excellent. You have Tifa down perfect. She's so strong, endearing and likeable in this, and I genuinely wanted her to be happy. I loved the resolution you achieved by the end - I love how Tifa knows she'll always be connected to Cloud but nonetheless is beginning to move on and recognizes that she needs to (but at the same time regrets doing so). Her newly-gained strength and determination is wonderful to see...I adored her in this. Lovely work - I'd really like to see you write another piece on her! :)

PS: Kudos on your take on a Vincent/Yuffie relationship, too! It's a pairing I normally find nauseating, but in this you presented it as both plausible, interesting and appealling! Congratulations! ;)
Chaos Zero chapter 1 . 10/8/2004
Now, THIS is a shortfic to love. It just shows how much Tifa deserves the love of Spike, though I do believe that in her Promised Land, Aeris would be HAPPY knowing that Cloud and Tifa need each other. That's how beautiful a soul she was. And as for Y/V, it's so obvious that they'd be such a perfect fit, AFTER some major obstacles, mainly Yuffie aging some, and Vincent letting go. Keep at it. Good fics are hard to come by.