Reviews for All That Mattered
tatiana chapter 1 . 2/10/2008
o! thats awful. but its awfully good! i love the way you squish time together... and keep misao's posessiveness as a theme throughout. but she's so selfish! and so blind... this is a way of explaining misao that's different... i cant say i like misao, but u did a wonderful job and i like the fic on the whole...
Lexi Teniro chapter 1 . 9/28/2005
That was REALLY good. I loved the style (different) that you wrote it in, and you captured all of the characters VERY well. Excellent indeed.
someone chapter 1 . 7/8/2004
well..to be honest..I don't like it much. the storyline is very deep and thought out. But that (hers) thing gets annoying...and you seem to be degrading Soujiro. and..it buggs me, then all of asudden youkick him to the side, and it seemed like Misao didn't care for him AT ALL. yeah..it's a good story, but not all that great. please don't take this as a flame, because it isn't.
jerjonji chapter 1 . 3/7/2004
so short- yet you said so much. It was funny, heart-breaking, warm, and yet so cold ans sad. How easy it is to delude ourselves about love, and miss the true love in front of us. Loved it!
Saucie chapter 1 . 2/27/2004
Well, it is weird and disturbing. Dark and strange and scary, and very well done. It's almost funny, in the beginning, but it just gets darker and darker, and the satire harsher and harsher, as it goes on. And the formatting only added to it - because it's absurd, and humourous, and makes what you're trying to say even more disturbing in comparison.
Honestly, frightening. The kind of take on a relationship that is completely possible - that is, in fact, quite probable - but what you'd just like to gloss over ... And sad. Aoshi and Misao without the romantic cover-ups, with the humour that surrounds Misao's feelings for him exaggerated until what's really behind them is just ... scary. And, again, sad.
mirune keishiko chapter 1 . 2/21/2004
i know people can't swear on ffnet... and it's really not proper to swear especially in reviews... and i know it's bad to swear at all anyhow... butbutbut... T.T it's f*cking brilliant! i read your other stories, and of course you are as always a VERY talented writer, but this one just blew me away! f*cking brilliant!... (trails off into red-faced blathering for a while) ...at any rate, it is a damn good write. your deft hands are showing. you translate emotion and thought into words so skillfully that doesn't even seem as though there's any process of translation, just a perfectly controlled flow from mind and heart to pen (or word processor). ...well, enough babbling from me. i am not worthy to stand before a goddess of the word like you... .
Angrybee chapter 1 . 2/19/2004
*BAWL*
OH POOR SOUJIROU!
Snifflesniffle. Oh my. Oh me. Oh horrid, horrid world. MISAO! YOU ARE SO BLIND.
This story was so devastatingly excellent. It hurt me to read it. As the scrollbar neared the end I was like, "NO. More. MORE." And then Soujirou died.
ARGH. *thud*
Five out of five stars!
mij chapter 1 . 2/7/2004
Erg. This is one very frightening piece. p Actually Misao here reminds me of someone I knew very well.
Anyway! I love the whole irony of this one-shot. I'm both amused and disturbed. ;p Poor Soujirou though...
Hope that muse of yours comes back soon 'cause I'm dying to read more of your RK fics. :
TC chapter 1 . 2/1/2004
Hitomi, I salute you & give you much props for writing this. A lot (& I do mean A LOT) of RK fans (a certain breed of them) only view the A/Misao pairing from one side, which is "Misao's deep love for Aoshi-sama." As far as I'm concerned, I only see love coming from Misao, but not from Aoshi. & I do wish more people would give the A/Meg pairing a chance, or at least view it with an open mind.
I love your writing style, btw!
Wistful-Eyes chapter 1 . 1/17/2004
I liked it. Velli velli much! Tis going on my favorite list, that it is!
Okay, time for better reviewing: I thought the writing style was really interesting, with all the underlining and parenthesis..._ It was a really interesting way to think of Misao and Aoshi's relationship...I liked how she kept going (of course he loves me!) and that he was all that mattered and etc. Poor Sou-chan though. Bitter sweet story. ' It was really good.
Rurouni Tsuki chapter 1 . 1/16/2004
That was THE most bizarre piece I have ever read. (of course!) But it was great. How did you do the underlines and stuff?
Nina chapter 1 . 1/15/2004
That's really...deep. I mean, you never know, it could've ended up taht way...or something. You portrayed Misao as a girl who pretty much cared only about herself and Aoshi, and I think, in a way, it's very darkish and stuff. *reads over and sees that she made no sense whatsoever. oh well*
hakubaikou chapter 1 . 1/15/2004
You've stumbled upon one of my few sore points with RK in a really weird and darkly funny way. Thank you for taking an aspect of RK that annoys me and making it humorous. Scary, but quite humorous. And just a touch of tragedy. Loved this. Although, yeah, I could see it getting flamed like the Dickens if a certain subset of the fandom were to read this.
Cherie Dee chapter 1 . 1/14/2004
Am I allowed to laugh?
Darn. Okay. Poor Sou-chan. That's all I can say. Poor Sou-chan. _
Trupana chapter 1 . 1/14/2004
OOkay...Hitomi, I think you really need to get some sleep. Not that the writing was bad, because it was satirically funny and written in a unique style and interestingly sad because Misao's trying to delude herself, but...but...you're supposed to be a Megumi/Aoshi shipper! Not that you're not allowed to write Misao/Aoshi...but...but...this is almost wrong? What about your mission of flooding with Megumi/Aoshi stories! I know this was sarcastic, and for all my wild twisted imagination may know, Aoshi may secretly be in love with Megumi in this fic, and only marrying Misao because it's what everone wants and what will make Misao "happy". Yeah. Hehe. I'll pretend it's like that.
But no, really, this was a very well written fic. A very interesting style, I must say. And get back into the RK spirit as soon as you can. Preferably the Megumi/Aoshi spirit. :D
Tru