Reviews for Keepers of the Hearth
Rhyselle chapter 5 . 1/23/2010
Your OCs are so wonderfully developed and real!

Winfrith came alive as I read and I wish that I could meet her for real and listen to and learn from her wisdom.

The pacing of the tale was a perfect lead up to the lighting of the fire on the hearth, and the ceremony was so vivid in my mind's eye as I read.

Another excellent tale! Thank you so much for sharing your words and works with us. Well done!
Haarajot chapter 5 . 1/28/2008
Beautiful story, very well written. Awesome. Nice canonicity.
Ithildiel chapter 5 . 8/8/2004
Wow. I just... wow. This is so hauntingly beautiful. So atmospheric. I was almost there... I actually wanted to be there. I love this. It's very human - it touches you deeply. This is a cut way above the rest of the fan fictions I have ever read - and I have read a lot. You have my deepest admiration.

~

ITHILDIEL
Lady Masterblott chapter 5 . 6/29/2004
Dear Alawa...

this is such a beautiful story that I hardly know what to say. Witty, sad, colourful, and so alive that I thought I could feel the chilly dawn over the plains when the two Ladies rode out.

And the protagonist is a full scale, full grown, very determined person (whose scolding to my inadequate words just poped up before my inner eye.)I have not enjoyed a person's view so much for a very long time.

Her memories almost made me cry. Which is enormous. I am not the sentimental sort of a person, or maybe, I am but still haven't noticed it. In any case, thank you very much for writing such a wonderful piece of text and abducting me to the plains of Rohan once more.

Take care, and very kind regards,

Margit
Altariel chapter 5 . 6/15/2004
I was rereading this morning and got tearful at the verse at the end again.
klaw chapter 5 . 1/28/2004
very nice
kezya chapter 5 . 1/17/2004
Wow. Great. Winfrith seemed very, very real. I loved her personality. Good job!
rohan-nitpick chapter 5 . 1/16/2004
This is lovely - is this supposed to be the ending, or is there more to come?
Everlong chapter 5 . 1/15/2004
Wow! I really liked your story. I'm all about Eomer and Lothiriel so I really like your perspective on this.
Hm...I never really thought about another woman keeping the hall, but it totally makes sense...
Anyway, great story!