Reviews for Masquerade
TylerRing chapter 1 . 6/16/2004
That was definitely one of the best stories I've read on this site.

And, don't worry, I'm not just gonna say that like some worthless cliche'. I'll give you a reason.

It's fairly obvious that you've been writing a long time, so you'll understand this. Writing a piece of any significant length, that relies heavily on internal monologue and little action, is supremely difficult to pull off. That's just the way it is. That's why comedies are always more popular than dramas, because they rely on action.

Yet, reading this, I never once felt disconnected. You managed to turn that monologue into something that hooked me in and made me want to keep reading. That took skill, and I compliment you on that.

You also captured the pain, and the fruitlessness of their marriage perfectly. We know how it turns out in the end, and that made the story all the more painful. And all the more powerful. I loved this little bit:

“I WILL start! Please, forgive me for acting like a WIFE! Forgive me for being CONCERNED! Forgive me for ignoring the NO TRESPASSING sign and attempting to have a real CONVERSATION with MY HUSBAND!
AngelWings8 chapter 1 . 1/14/2004