Reviews for Beyond the Veil
Serenityofthematrix chapter 3 . 2/21/2004
This chapter was really good. I really got to know the character of Legolas more. I liked it alot. You are a great writer.
Dreamality chapter 3 . 2/14/2004
This was a good chapter. (Sorry I only just got around to reading it, I've been busy working on a few stories of my own). I like that Legolas is beginning to grow up a bit more and become more of a man. Too bad his first experience away from home wasn't as fun as he'd thought. I wanted to point out one thing, as it has been pointed out to me by someone else in the past- elves can't get sick. Rarely they become sick as a result of grief, but I don't think Legolas could get sick from bad water. But I'm no expert, so if you can prove me wrong, by all means, do. But other than that, this was a very good chapter. I can't wait to see what happens between Legolas and Nienna. Perhaps a conflict between Legolas and Amrad is in the future? Hm... guess I'll have to wait to find out!
Silver Thorne chapter 3 . 2/13/2004
Suilaid mellon nín!
Ah! I can't believe it's taken me so long to get my act together and check back for this eagerly awaited chapter!
Needless to say, I was most pleased!
As always, you delve right in to the depths of Legolas' thoughts, as sad or joyful as they may be. You keep the emotions "real" - if that makes sense _ and I always find myself either shaking my head or nodding when he's in the midst of his thoughts!
Poor Legolas, I feel most sorry for the poor elf in this chapter.
As always, your stories have a way of moving me and this one certainly has elements I can already relate to and the rest of it is just "great" to read!
Thank you! And keep up the great work! Lots of love!
L chapter 3 . 2/11/2004
Hey! I love your story so far! It's so great! _ Can't wait to read what happens next!
LPI3 chapter 3 . 2/10/2004
Oh! Me likes me likes! Keep up the great work!
LPI3 chapter 1 . 2/10/2004
Wonderful BlackHawk! Your choice of words is fantastic! I have never been so speechless! Keep up the wonderful work!
Blume chapter 3 . 2/7/2004
Thanks! it's always nice to hear from you too! ;D hahaha, Legolas is kidna miserable in this one, but I see Legolas now as kinda jealous for loosing his sister. A sister he's not really loosing midn you (thought he's gaining a brother in law... _)
Weather is better now, in fact most of the snow in the nearby mountains and surroundings has melted by now... which means muddly paths all along! ; drawing on teh other hand, are slow, slow, SL~OW. I've founds pounds of blank papers all around but I've yet to draw something on them! _~ nah! I'm inmortal! I can wait! ;P
tineryn chapter 3 . 2/7/2004
Aww, how cute! Great job, I really like your prose. Update!
Joee1 chapter 3 . 2/6/2004
I'm really enjoying this story so far. Please update soon )
Blume chapter 2 . 1/31/2004
O my God! thsi is truly a great fic! I will be checking it as soon as you post a new chapter! It brings me a lot of ideas to draws (like for example I cannot wait to gather enough information of his family features so I can draw them! ;D) but for now I guess we will have to wait: my hands are cold (becasue it's 0º C outside! we shoudl have that! we should have a nice 26ºC weather now!) besides, I am hungry ; *skips away to find some food!*
Serenityofthematrix chapter 2 . 1/22/2004
It was very interesting. I liked it alot. You are developing the story quite well and the character Legolas.
Dreamality chapter 2 . 1/21/2004
Another great chapter! Thranduil is an interesting character. I can't wait to find out more about his relationship with our hero. Also, Legolas' contemplation about his solitude was intriguing. If and when he answers the call to travel outside of his home, I wonder where he will end up?
Your writing style seemed to change slightly for this chapter. It was "lighter," for lack of better word. Maybe I'm imagining it. In any case, it's not a bad thing at all.
I really like the way you word certain things. For example, when you say "Three were borne before him and two after him" as opposed to "he was the fourth child of six" or something plain like that. You really have a way with words.
Okay I think this review is long enough now. Great update, please add more soon! :-)
Silver Thorne chapter 1 . 1/20/2004
Ah, mellon nín. I have greatly been anticipating this new story of yours!
As always, I am hoping that your updates will be far more prompt than my own *sheepish grin*.
You have a way with words that deeply resonates with me and very, very few seem to kindle that. This prologue had me in a reflective mood for most of the night _.
I eagerly, yet patiently *eye twitches* await the rest of this tale you are about to let unfold!
Much Love, mellon nín.
Dreamality chapter 1 . 1/14/2004
I agree with you that this story is eloquent, but not foolishly so. You have a wonderful way with words, although sometimes your meaning takes more than one read to find. I look forward to your next update, please make it soon!
Serenityofthematrix chapter 1 . 1/14/2004
Very interesting. Written intellegently. I like it.