Reviews for Coming of Age
Anyjen chapter 1 . 5/26/2008
I'm only reviewing in this one, but I've read the four related fics... that was... WOW.

Incredibly sad, dark, deep. Each of these one-shots portraying a different side of the truth, and it all falls into place beautifully by the end.

Really, you've become one of my favourite authors, and I still have so much to read! you'll probably get tired of my reviews soon. XD
Adi88 chapter 1 . 2/8/2006
I may now have moved into worship. I hate you. I want a picture to burn candles in front of. God, poor... everyone... life.
Suiryoka chapter 1 . 1/28/2006
That was beautiful. (Whoa... are those tears in my eyes?) Great fic. It was very touching and it portrays Shigure beautifully. Thanks for a wonderful read!
Laily chapter 1 . 11/26/2005
A powerful fic. Inexcessive use of drama, but still managed to evoke such deep emotions from your readers...that's what I call the true power of the pen. Great work!
simplewin chapter 1 . 12/13/2004
ai.

i am still crying, five full minutes after reading it, i still have tears in my eyes.

It's just so sad.

you're a great author.
Sophie-Chan chapter 1 . 9/20/2004
I would say write more, but you've done plenty. Great job
Tragedy Catalyst chapter 1 . 8/9/2004
*sniff Sniff* wow that was so emotional. I think i'm crying. Or maybe that's just the spicy noodles i'm eating... well whateva it was emotional in my mind! You're so great at writing!
Starpiper chapter 1 . 3/22/2004
I read the other three fics in this series (The Price of Peace and Quiet, Storyteller, and Healer) and, while I truly enjoyed them all, this was the one which touched me the most (and made the events of Storyteller even sadder than they already were!).
I love your characterization of Shigure in this fic. He seems a little more light-hearted and sweeter than he is in the manga (he's more like his anime incarnation, I thought), which only makes his sadness more poignant. The repetition of the his attempts at consolation ("...don't worry. I'm sure...I'm sure everything will be okay. Please...don't cry.") and fragments of his parents' speech only added to the growing feeling of helplessness that was building since Hatori's first phone call. Also bittersweet is the way that, as the story progresses, Shigure becomes more and more serious until the last line, where he sacrifices something he loves for the sake of someone he loves.
~Shigure Sohma had finally been forced to take responsiblity and grow up.
"Everyone has to grow up some time, Shigure."
He was an adult now.~
I think that was my favorite line (lines?) in the story.
::sniffle:: You added a terribly heartbreaking and sweet dimension to my very favorite Furuba character. Good job!
Hoe! T.T ::Starpiper, who is also wondering if there are going to be other one-shots in this series::
ashesofroses320 chapter 1 . 1/15/2004
So deep and sad! Just the way I like it! Write more stories soon, you are a very gifted writer and if you don't write more, your talent will be wasted.
-HSIA a.k.a. Hyper