Reviews for Three Strikes
linda4861 chapter 1 . 7/2/2008
Nice!
Stemwinder chapter 1 . 1/8/2002
I have to say, I enjoyed this. Yes, the way they dealt with the boys was a little off, but the scene where they told Billy was so hysterical that it more than made up for it. Can you tell I really liked Billy's reaction? I also liked that it wasn't a 'happily ever after' because as we all know, nothing is in real life. Of course, you could still explore the possibility of the boys and Dottie finding out about the first marriage. One negative point: You didn't show Francine's reaction (I think we all look foward to those.) Annyway, great story, you gave me a good laugh, and I'm definitly going to read this again and again.
Toto chapter 1 . 2/23/2001
A reminder, per my author's note: If either of the last two reviewers, who did not leave an address, would like to discuss this story please e-mail me at .
Sandy's mom chapter 1 . 2/23/2001
Normally do not write reviews, but I have to in this case. Toto, I wish that I had read this story's reviews first. If I had read the one that will probably be right before this one I wouldn't have read this story. I too am VERY disappointed and unsettled in the way Amanda is portrayed here. Amanda King was a loving, caring and sensitive mother to her children. No, she couldn't always be there for them and many working mothers are not as available to their children as they would like to be. Yes, they made a mistake by keeping things secret but they were doing it to try and keep the family safe. They didn't plan a secret wedding until the kidnapping of the young Vietnamese boyand I don't remember them being very happy about it. People complain about Lee not being introduced to the family earlier or being around as frequently as they would want. It seems that they are willing to give him three years to overcome his insecurities about dating seriously but want him to just jump right on into a family situation that is very foreign to him. I believe only an insensitive, selfish, selfabsorbed mother who cares much more for her own comfort than that of those she supposedly loves would make the decision this Amanda made in reguards to her family. I cannot imagine her portraying Lee in a worse way to her young sons and him going along with it. That showed very little concern for his feelings about people "thinking he got her pregnant". She just expects him to go along with whatever "knowing looks" or teasing will come his way. If he finds that embarassing...too bad because for some reason Amanda doesn't think that he should have a voice in the way he is introduced to the boys as their new stepfather. Then she goes totally out of character and all of a sudden decides she doesn't care what people think and evidently doesn't care how this very out of character decision affects those around her in what they will now have to deal with from others. Does she care that the boys can be teased at school about their mother having to get married because she got pregnant, especially Jamie wjho is at a very difficult age? Evidently not. It seems she cares only about herself. Then she uses modern day adult excuses to "make it okay" like "talking it out", "loving each other", and "doing the right thing by getting married". That's what adults do to make themselves feel better about wrong behavior. Kids on the other hand see right through it. I can't imagine her introducing a new child to her sons in this manner either. She is also willing to hurt the good relationship she'd had with her exhusband and cause stress in that area for Jamie and Phillip. And all because she doesn't want to tell them about her job. I do not understand why anyone would feel the need or enjoy portraying a character that they are supposedly a fan of in this manner. As a mother, I am very offended by her actions and will hesitate to read any more of your works, Toto, least you again feel the need to portray any of the other characters I grew to love in this type of light.
Francine fan chapter 1 . 2/10/2001
I was very disappointed with the way Amanda was portrayed in this story. So having her two teenage sons think that she and Lee messed around and got is pregnant is a better way to introduce Lee to the boys as their new stepdad than explaining about the secrecy around her job,huh? Now that's an excellent example to set for them, great way to welcome a new baby, and VERY in character for the Amanda of the show. Usually I enjoy your stories Toto but this one really upset me.
TMM chapter 1 . 1/11/2001
Well written sequel to "Oops" Looking forward to more of your work, Toto.
Elise2 chapter 1 . 1/10/2001
Too funny! I love the Amanda Calander. Lee isn't the top agent in the country for nothing! I think you captured the emotions everyone went though very well. Great story.
Dixie1 chapter 1 . 1/10/2001
Very good. I read "oops" and was glad to see a sequel. It's

very well written and I liked the way you handled the situation,

you brought up some issues I'd never even thought of, but they

would definately be factors in how Lee and Amanda handle things.
EmilyAnn1 chapter 1 . 1/10/2001
What I really liked about this - the motif (not one you'd usually see w/ a story of this type, but it works), the realism (it's not all spun sugar candy and taffeta ribbons), the development in the three different arenas (personal, professional, and familial), and the honesty (for example, how L&A discussed the *real* reason for the mystery marriage). Thanks for yet another well-written, well-conceptualised, and well-developed piece.
Alittleromance chapter 1 . 1/9/2001
Superb! You really added depth to their reasoning to keep things quiet. I loved how you took it to a new level and also showed the consequences of their decision. Very well written.
WhizGidget chapter 1 . 1/9/2001
I liked it. Good fleshing out of the story and the conversations with the boys. Someone earlier reviewed and mentioned exploring the possibility the the boys finding out about the first wedding - that would make a good setup for another sequel.
connie chapter 1 . 1/9/2001
super!always look forward to you're stories!
ghostwriter70 chapter 1 . 1/8/2001
I really liked the re-working you did on this story...definitely a more fully fleshed out story. I still would have liked a bit more resolution w/the boys. While you did make it clear this issue wasn't resolved, the whole pregnancy and wedding in one week is a lot to take, imho. I'm still not sure about Carrie being a blabbermouth...but since we know NOTHING about the character other than her name...who am I to talk.. :) The only other thing I would have liked explored is the POSSIBILITY that the boys might ACCIDENTLY learn about the FIRST wedding. Amanda mentions if they had told the boys about their first marriage, they wouldn't *believe* them..isn't a marriage license proof enough :).

Finally, I did like that not everything is resolved..I think it's very realistic.
Sharon chapter 1 . 1/8/2001
Liked the story!
Espy chapter 1 . 1/8/2001
I am loving these stories...Please continue...I'm dying to know how everything turns out