Reviews for The Tradition
lovethosehobbits chapter 1 . 8/7/2006
Lovely, Ainur, just beautiful. This is exactly how I picture it. I think of the Native Americans of our continent and how, with each generation, the stories are told of their beginnings and how they came to be.
Claudia chapter 1 . 8/3/2006
I really enjoyed this story from a very unique perspective! It's good to know that Frodo and the other hobbits were praised with great praise through the ages! :-)
lindahoyland chapter 1 . 7/15/2005
Beautifully written and touching.I think Tolkien intended Middle Earth to be our world long ago as he mentions the Plough and the maps would roughly fit a map of Europe before the Ice Ages broke the UK is meant as Atlantis, I believe.
horsiegurl chapter 1 . 12/18/2004
This is really good. I really liked it. It sounded so good and was written very well. I liked the ending.
Golden Elf chapter 1 . 8/27/2004
I really enjoyed the fresh take on Frodo. I haven't run across any tales that handle the historical reverence we all assume that the people of Gondor would hold for the Ringbearer. Thanks for a good cry.
Vilya0 chapter 1 . 6/26/2004
Hello! I really loved your fic. (I don't think I dislike any of you fics, you are such a great author) It really shows the extent in their world of the tale of the Lord of the Rings, which we know so much and we can't imagine the successor of our dear characters to forget about such heroic deeds. But even us, we certainly have forgotten a large part of our history. *sigh* Life is unfair... Wow, that was a change of subject! So, like I said, your story is really well thought and please continue to write more wonderful fics! And I'm sorry for my English, I'm trying but sometimes it comes out badly. ;)
Tangelian Proudfoot chapter 1 . 2/7/2004
I'm *so* glad to see you back, because I most certainly haven't forgotten about you! :-D
And I'm sorry I didn't review this WONDERFUL piece of writing until now, but I somehow must have missed you posting it-I'm sorry!
Anyway-I am bound to believe this is JUST the way it actually happened! I love your descriptions, and your eye for little details... just... WOW.
Thank you SO much for sharing it with us!
And btw, if you don't mind, I'm going to e-mail you again within short! :-)
Cunien chapter 1 . 1/19/2004
Wow! This story is so beautiful! I came here on the recomendation of Shirebound, and wasn't disapointed!
This is such an original take on things - I don't think I've ever read a story quite like this. Very well thought on and written - this is brilliant!
Zaira chapter 1 . 1/17/2004
You obviously worked very hard on this story, and it was worth it. Smarter than a lot of fics out there.
I've added you to my favorite author list.
Serafina10 chapter 1 . 1/17/2004
Lovely, great story. Hope there will be more like this! :-) Thanks for share!
Gentle Hobbit chapter 1 . 1/16/2004
That was fascinating. I really enjoyed the way you start off with one step into the future, with some removal from the "living history", and then you further withdraw in time through successive stages - where the tale of the Ring takes on different roles and greater or lesser importance - to the final stage where there is no more clear knowledge, only legend.
It mirrors the beginning of the FotR movie (and I may be quoting inaccurately): "When story became myth, and myth became legend..." Thank you for this thoughtful story.
frodo16424 chapter 1 . 1/16/2004
Nice story. Like the way tradition was explained. Very nice done.
Mariole chapter 1 . 1/16/2004
What a beautiful story. Thanks for posting this.
hobbitdogs chapter 1 . 1/16/2004
I followed Shirebounds rec to your wonderful fic. I thoroughly enjoyed this, and it was certainly touching. And I really loved the way you tied in the "history" of Middle Earth with our beloved "The Lord of the Rings". Good job!
Singe chapter 1 . 1/16/2004
Lovely! But being anal-retentive I spotted a typo...
"But now you know their story, and may the mean all the more to you for it.