Reviews for Spiders and Butterflies
laaa chapter 1 . 9/22/2014
Ugliest .
electroma89 chapter 1 . 7/7/2013
that was beautiful, and the end was perfect :)
Sora Tayuya chapter 1 . 7/2/2013
Good concept. Good storyline. Good characterization.
Bellgram chapter 1 . 10/27/2012
Exactly how I imagined the anime would end. :)
Kuro-Hollow-Neko chapter 1 . 6/1/2011
I loved it. Very well written, and the ending was really good too. The end made me smile.
toeki chapter 1 . 10/29/2010
amazing. i always imagined knives and vash are like two sides of the same coin. one goofy, naive and forgiving, the other rational,cold and always remembering the dark side of life.

i guess none of them has the right answer because it lies somewhere in between their opinions...

there is no black or white, only grey...

very philosophical rare to find someting like this on

the way you used the game of chess to illustrate their point of view was great.
Dark Hope Assassin chapter 1 . 7/8/2006
I must tell you this-it has been quite some time since I watched this anime. I was a bit sceptical at the beginning but it came out to be a better story than I had anticipated even.

The beginning was frankly very catchy, it grasps the attention of the reader with a very descriptive and nicely thought of surroundings for the story to take place. It was quite enticing to read about Vash and Knives' beliefs and to have them so vehemently defended. I like that trait about a person-not to show which side they're in favour of when they write a story like this one. I'm not really a "the good must always win" kind of person, and I like that you haven't emphasized on that too much. :D

You have done such a magnificent work with the charters' attitudes as well, I commend you on that.

I have to admit that this is by far one of the most wonderful fics I have read. :D I absolutely adore it!

Yours sincerely,

Dark Hope Assassin
Lutozu chapter 1 . 6/20/2006
And that is enought to make my favourites.

Very well written, and I'm impressed by your ability to write them in character so well.
Aaringo chapter 1 . 5/25/2006
Amazing. A-MA-ZING.

I've never read the manga, so I've no idea if you pulled things from that source; however, I was AMAZED at how in-character the brothers were in their arguement. Presenting Knives not as a cold-blooded killer, but someone only striving for peace, really put him into a different perspective. Vash and Knives really are twins in mind and soul, but with polar ideas.

The brothers shouting a phrase at the same time was a stroke of genius! Yet again, it puts Knives into a different sort of situation with his brother.

God, I want to read more! xD
Cataracta chapter 1 . 2/20/2006
I liked this. A whole lot. It was very...thought provoking. And very well thought-out as well. Very good job with this story.
ivybluesummers chapter 1 . 10/28/2005
few trigun fanfics transcend its canon, and i must say this one is brilliant. i like the defamiliarization of chess in relation to vash's and knives' perspectives regarding human existence; and yes, it's that seemingly eternal search for happiness in life that ultimately wants an ascription of meaning, and the way you weaved it is poetic and colloquial at the same time. and not only that, i do think that you have depicted the characters in their greatest sentimentality, and i can actually imagine them doing it. your quips are nicely weaved too. "Restricted. Doomed to a short existence by the use of the more enlightened. Tools by sheer definition." - my favorite line (knives is so right!). generally, the style of your prose reminds me of either gasset y ortega or tolstoy; it's lyrical, smoothly flowing, and garners some critical thinking.

personally, i do compare knives to nietzsche; he's my favorite character. _ and vash can only talk so much about innocence and such, ne? well, following vash's premise, i guess it's one's 'choice' that makes one capable of recognizing his existence. but i'm siding with knives; it's transcending the mundane and mediocre existence of people, their morality even. _

well, i must be babbling too much; sorry for an outdated review. kudos for such a great fanfic! _
Sephiroth1Ripley8 chapter 1 . 12/6/2004
Wow. *claps* That was excellent. It was deep and philosophical but not full of angst. It was the two boys talking. And it fully examined each point, and showed that there was no clear and easy answer. I also loved the descriptive - but not excessive - imagery, because I could see it happening in my head. The final scene where they each shout something then shout at the same time should have been in the series.
Yma chapter 1 . 10/31/2004
Very cool! I found this on a Favorite Stories page, and was most impressed. The characterisation, Knives in particular, is right on form. The arguments are well thought out, the emotion is perfect. One of the best Trigun shorts I've ever read. Thank you so much for it!
Freckled Glasses chapter 1 . 8/18/2004
Perfect
Crystal Mage chapter 1 . 4/14/2004
What a lovely, lovely Trigun fic. It actually makes Knives seem human. Vash and Knives are wonderfully portrayed, and I love how they interact. They're reaching for the same goal, but each's solution offends the very fiber of the other... *sigh* So alike, yet so similar. Wonderful. ~ C-Mage