Reviews for Don't Panic!
anahvolf chapter 23 . 5/7
no matter how many times I re read this story I always cry when reading this chapter. The simplicity of Penny’s words as she explains what is really going on is very powerful. Thank you for such a beautiful story ️
The Dark Sapphire chapter 14 . 4/30
Story has been intriguing so far. But I am wondering about the purpose of it. It feels like so far she has done nothing important to the plot. Whole story feels more like a what-if rather than a comprehensive narrative.
The Dark Sapphire chapter 11 . 4/30
Elrond gotta chill. Acting like a child.
The Dark Sapphire chapter 9 . 4/30
Damn she is miserable. You've done an amazing job at conveying penny's emotions.
The Dark Sapphire chapter 8 . 4/30
I see the term Mary Sue has changed a bit. The way I think people now see it is as an overpowered girl with plot armor. Not just a damsel in another world.
The Dark Sapphire chapter 6 . 4/30
It's so interesting noticing the cultural differences your character has here considering it was written in 2004 compared to now. If this were written again but based on 2022 then you just know her reactions would be VERY different.
The Dark Sapphire chapter 4 . 4/30
So far this story has done well at giving a very modern human reaction to winding up in middle earth.
ema.juranova chapter 1 . 4/16
Such great fic but im having a hard time connecting to Penny. Her crying every ten seconds does kinda smell Mery Sueish
Thank you so much, I'm crying too! Can't wait to read the next fanfic!
Crystal chapter 27 . 1/29
not a LOTR fans, have never read the books, but I love your fic! Couldn't put it down! Thank you so much for writing!
mightypocketcow chapter 27 . 12/7/2021
I love this so much ahhhh
pzzylxy chapter 5 . 12/5/2021
By chapter 5 I felt weird that it did not cross her mind at all that she might be isekaied/transmigrated/got into lotr. But then I remembered this was written in 2004, getting into your favorite book probably wasn't a common trope. Ah realizing she's from 2004 changed how I view the story
Hallolo chapter 1 . 10/7/2021
Hi!
I read this fic years ago and loved it (along with OKAY NOW PANIC), and I mentioned it yesterday to my boyfriend… and now I’m reading it again and rediscovering just how awesome it is. Thank you for writing this gem!
Lady Jaina chapter 27 . 10/5/2021
Wow. I don’t know if you read reviews still, but I was blown away by this story. It is so vivid. It is the first so called “Mary Sue” I’ve ever read (not that it is really a true Mary Sue—it’s far too good for that label). I almost didn’t read it because girl falls into middle earth is a trope I tend to avoid like the plague, but you had me hooked from the start as you wove your tale! Your masterful storytelling suspended my disbelieve and I couldn’t stop reading!
KathyG chapter 1 . 10/3/2021
I posted this same review on this same story on Stories of Arda. Since there was an extended period when no reviews were getting through, it's entirely possible that you never received it. Hopefully, FFN reviews are performing better in that respect! :) Guess I should ask if you're still reading Tolkien fanfiction.

Wake up right out in the middle of nowhere in just your pajamas and your bare feet? That WOULD be a nightmare! [shudders] Definitely not a pleasant way to travel to Middle-earth!

Hey, I'm curious-is Penny British? I know you are. You do have one advantage over me-you're British, and I'm not. Yep, I'm a born-and-bred American! :)

At any rate, one thing is clear-your depiction of your modern-day O.C. is very realistic! I would not want to be in Penny's shoes (or should I say pajamas?)) for a million dollars! Or whatever currency was called in Middle-earth. Not likely they had paper money as we do! )

At any rate, you set out to avoid making Penny a Mary Sue, and you did an excellent job. I was reading the reviews for this chapter on SoA a while back, and I came across the comments that one of your reviewers made there about Penny not being a Mary Sue, so I just had to add my own two-cents' worth. Well, as I mentioned in that earlier review, Dreamflower and I have long been in the process of developing and posting our own "falling-into-Middle-earth" story; we started posting it back in the summer of 2018. And hopefully, we're succeeding in keeping our O.C.s from becoming Mary Sues! We're trying to, anyway. Our story is posted here on FFN and several other Web sites, including Stories of Arda.

Hey, Penny, if you're still interested in Tolkien fanfiction, and if you still visit FFN and Stories of Arda, I'd love it if you stopped by and read our story! If nothing else, you could tell us if we're being successful in our aim. It's set in LOTR, and yes, our characters become extra walkers and are able to speak Westron, but we've given our story a different feel and some different twists from the average such story, as you'll discover if you pay ours a visit. Unlike Penny, our O.C.'s don't know much about Tolkien; they've never read any of his books, and they've only ever seen excerpts from movie scenes while channel-surfing. Just come by my story page on SoA, and you'll find it; it's right at the top of my list of stories there. Or if you'd rather read it here, do a search for KGandDF; it's our shared FFN profile. You will find the story posted on that profile. It's titled "An Unexpected Adventure".
1,421 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »