Reviews for The Coin
Le Requiem chapter 1 . 4/26/2011
aweeesoooommmeeeeeeee
lokobookworm95 chapter 1 . 1/22/2011
That... definitely sounds like something Jack would do. I like it!
Jenova's Fifth chapter 1 . 8/28/2007
This was, above all, very well written considering Jack's way of speaking. I really liked the idea, and the twist at the end. It figures :)

Keep up the awesome writing, mate!

JF
Piratesfanatic chapter 1 . 8/11/2007
Hm, interesting story. I agree with another reviewer that Jack isn't, uh, "Bonkers" as they put it. Good writing, though.
Xoom chapter 1 . 7/28/2007
What a wonderful concept for a back story! I've always wondered how he came across the coin... especially now that it was so important in movie 3! You narrator's voice was wonderful too. Very piratey!

However, just a note - 50% of why we love Jack is because he's absolutely BONKERS (and clever to boot). You've got the clever in there - but don't forget to add some crazy! All of the different religions are hilarious, but maybe exaggerate how crazy Cap'n Jack is.

All in all, very enjoyable! From one PotC fan to another!
0000DELETED0000 chapter 1 . 12/21/2004
This is good. I like the end where

he plans on commadering the ship!

You are very talented, really I

have no critiques.
Startide Risen chapter 1 . 6/23/2004
Ah, perfection.

The voice is excellent! I love the mood and tone of this story-like some story Gibbs is telling. The concept for it, too, is fittingly mythical to go along with the legendary persona of our Captain Jack. Kudos for the bit about the "red scarf he ties 'round his head to keep his brains in," and for the lovely imagery concerning the river Styx ("black as pain").

And I can just see Jack Sparrow commandeering the ferry to Hades. That last paragraph was too good for words.
Rashaka chapter 1 . 4/23/2004
Fascinating. And all worth it for that final paragraph.
Sara chapter 1 . 1/20/2004
Jack's also got a Native American dream-catcher thing in his hair. It would be fun to see where that came from. 0)
Shadow Phenix chapter 1 . 1/20/2004
Oh, the ending was just to die for! Lovely stuff. Kept very in touch with Jack's character. Well-researched as well (even if you didn't have to look into it persay). I loved the splicing of all the...we'll call them 'renaissance' terms and customs and all the pulling from the other cultures that Jack's no doubt visited. Good stuff!
vff chapter 1 . 1/18/2004
short stop and sudden drop...
It is Short drop and a sudden stop, since you don't fall far, and you stop quick when ye do, savvy?
I really enjoyed this, the dialect you used, and the storytellers format. You have talent, I can tell, beyond fan fiction. I read your bio, and all I can say is, keep writing...you have to get great. Good work. _
Sara chapter 1 . 1/18/2004
This story is so sweet! You write it very well. It sounds just like Jack and it's something he would do! Bravo! (and encore!)
Tobu Ishi chapter 1 . 1/18/2004
Guardian, you've done it again! _ Very entertaining, very impressive, awesome concept, great imagery, and your chosen "voice" reminds me of the grizzled guy who slept among the pigs (his name escapes me, but you know who I mean; he told Will the tale about the sea turtles).
You do have a few flaws, though; it doesn't seem very well spellchecked in places ("well-acquainted with that 'enow'", etc.), and you've made a few bloops, the biggest being a flip-flop in the phrase "short drop and a sudden stop".
I'd polish it up a little, but the piece itself is great; these are just the nitpicks that make it really nice-looking and smooth-reading. Oh, and did I mention how impressed I am that you know the word "drachma"? _*