Reviews for Darkness
wotumba1 chapter 28 . 12/6/2015
hard to read! poor luka!

great story nonetheless
Nanuk chapter 20 . 2/4/2011
What a shame that I discovered this story only just now - but what a wonderful surprise.

Gorgeous writing and great plot. Can't wait to read on.
Hobby-Writing chapter 28 . 9/27/2010
Just wow. The way you show all the feelings and the way the plot goes. Its really good. I was struck with horror near the beginning, driven close to tears in chapter 26. And the end was hopeful in a perfect way that wasn't too happy and wasn't too sad. He's not completely better and may never be but he's making steps and is at the point where you have optimism that he will continue making steps.

Needless to say saved to favourites.
AmYkYo chapter 28 . 7/28/2006
WoW! Amazing fic! Really deep...

AmY
MolotovMimi chapter 28 . 12/4/2005
I like everything about this; the writing, the content, the thoroughness, the shorter chapters (believe me it helps if you don’t want to leave a chapter half read before falling asleep on the keyboard at 3:31 a.m.). All you need now is ownership of Goran Visnjic and a big fat budget and… okay bad idea. I think the most effective fanfic is the kind that explores an alternate yet plausible turn of events and this accomplished it perfectly. That on the way you managed to address and correct one of my main points of contention with the show as it was aired is simply fanfic reader’s heaven! Like I said, you rock NaomiP.
Dubenko Junkie chapter 28 . 7/24/2005
Sat here and finished it in one go.

This was great and far more realistic that the episode itself, which I loved. Sometimes it's nice to explore onthe page what we can't see on the screen.
Dubenko Junkie chapter 11 . 7/23/2005
I'm only partly through the story but I wanted to say that so far it's wonderful, as wonderful as such difficult material can be that it. You've given a very realistic portrayal of the pain and suffering that was/is endoured in places like the Congo. You handled it with respect and didn't do it for shock value and it is quite effective.
Resurging Crisis chapter 28 . 7/10/2005
Well...It is upsetting that only a few people have reviewed this. This was a wonderful Story. I would make a longer review but I have been up for almost 48 hours...
Apion chapter 28 . 9/26/2004
When I started reading this story I couldn't stop before I'd read it all. It's incredibly well written. The way you describe people's thoughts and emotions is fantastic. Keep it up!
imagine6 chapter 27 . 7/27/2004
This is the third time I have read this and I never reviewed because what is there to say. This was better than watching the show.I expect after the show has ended I'll be here writing but mostly reading this ever so brilliant work. I know quite a bit about you now and because I do it makes reviewing have put yourself in the character and have written something usually only a person with this experience can reiterate. As the reader, I felt pain, hopelessness, powerlessness and I wanted to escape too. Death seems to be a gift sometimes as we wander through life and we all have times when we question life and God. This is not just a fiction about a favourite show. This is a walk in another's has had hard times and everyone has had anguish and everyone has had the evil moments where some hurt us and the moments when we realize just who out there really was brilliantly written. I was moved; I was urged chapter after chapter to keep reading. It is 12:43 am and I am still here. How is it that the greatest writers are found in places like this? Well, whatever the reason, I am glad I found your work. You my friend are an extreme talent.

DBJ (To bed, to bed to bed)
goldlamb chapter 28 . 3/7/2004
Wow…I read this fic already a few days ago, but I think that now I’m at last ready to write something. First of all, right from the first chapter, I was totally hooked. I simply couldn’t stop reading, and in the end I was FORCED to read the hole thing in one go – and that’s something when I started at ten pm, don’t read English so fast because I’m not a native speaker, and I knew very well I had a lecture at eight am in the following morning.

I’ve read fanfics for over two years now, but very rarely do I find something that I just can’t let go. Your story is truly gripping, and able to handle all the disturbing and difficult events very maturely. It’s also suprisingly emotional without being over-dramatic.
One very impressing thing that I also noticed, is how you can write so convincingly about the feelings and thoughts of the characters, and in addition, not making them OOC, which is a common mistake when fanfic authors try to dwell more in the character.
And lastly, don’t be sad because of the too few reviews you’ve gotten. Most fics in the ER section are brainless fluff, or in other ways quite light. I was overjoyed to finally find a ER fic worth reading, but I think that in this section most people like stories with not so dark content. But I have always been a bit of a “roughsider
janainlane4u chapter 28 . 3/5/2004
Woo, I read it all now, it was wonderful!
The serch-thingie wasen't working when I read "Into the Light", so it's first now that I read the hole story.
Very good, very wellwritten, and full of angst... :)
tricky chapter 28 . 3/5/2004
What can I say, just absolutely brilliant. Thanks, even though it made me sad. Sniff. Have to immediately go and read the sequel.
Politik chapter 28 . 3/4/2004
Damn... I really wanted to have an early night tonight, but then I found this.
(sorry, I had to review even though I noticed it been a month or so since you posted it)
Powerful doesnt do it justice. I found it very intense. Brilliantly written. I think I need a good nights sleep before I read the sequal!
...just blew me away to be honest. thanks for the great story. x
girlintheyankeeshat chapter 28 . 1/23/2004
I cannot believe your story has seemingly been so overlooked. You have dealt with some serious issues with maturity and power. Overall, a really good story, as a die-hard Luby I was especially pleased to see a bit of Abby in there at the end :) A powerful, moving and disturbing piece, very well done. Hel.x.