Reviews for Dark Whispers
Midnight Musings and Queries chapter 1 . 2/16
This was an utterly amazing piece. Deeply disturbing, eerily lovely, and above all, the characterization was brilliant. Your exploration of lust, corruption, and intimacy was truly chilling.
I was also amazed at how realistic your semi happy ending was.
Teacuppy chapter 1 . 10/13/2016
Brilliantly written
Fandomobsessed77 chapter 1 . 9/11/2016
This was utterly incredible. A very peculiar idea, and executed brilliantly. Such a chilling and interesting read, which I enjoyed immensely. Fascinating idea, and excellent writing. Thank you for sharing!
Namei chapter 1 . 12/24/2013
aronoiiel chapter 1 . 12/14/2013
That was an incredibly captivating tale. You have an exceptional talent and I am grateful you are sharing it with us. Thank you for this I truly enjoyed reading it
ArwenJaneLilyLyra chapter 1 . 8/27/2013
Hello again!

I'm naturally drawn to darker stories, and generally prefer angst to fluff (read: I have little tolerance for "fluff"). It seemed inevitable that this is the next of your stories that I would read.

The first time I read The Lord of the Rings I was quite scared of Saruman, to be honest, and that fear has stayed with me ever since - I think Christopher Lee did an admirable job of portraying him in the films. You've captured the real depth of Saruman's power here. His voice is of course his greatest weapon (one of several qualities he shares with Adolf Hitler, I always think when I read LotR) but this power is strengthened by the weakness of his victims, and you showed that here very well with Legolas. He fed on Legolas' fears and I don't think, in a world where we're exposed to horror films and everyday atrocities, that people acknowledge how terrifying that is. On the surface it would seem tempting to write torture scenes as long, drawn out, brutal affairs of blood and guts. Here the mental tortures were very poignant and uncomfortably intimate - it made the breaking point, when Saruman finally lays a harmful hand on Legolas, much more shocking.

Again a lovely exploration of the relationship of Aragorn and Legolas. That Legolas' greatest fear and greatest love were one and the same, this man, was incredibly moving. I felt as if his reply of "He loves the lady Undómiel" was as much a shield from himself as from Saruman. I loved that you didn't really justify Legolas' devotion to Aragorn by confirming he was right to believe in him. Of course this is AU (that surprised me, actually, when I saw it in the summary, and is another reason I read it) but if we assume they still conquered Sauron and Aragorn still became King, we know Legolas was right to have faith - but here you didn't say that. You acknowledged the "dark glitter" in Aragorn's eyes, and it made me feel that perhaps Legolas was naive to have such strong faith in a man who could so easily be dangerous. I liked that he "shied back from the touch" when Aragorn approached him, whether this was the remnants of Saruman's poisonous words affecting him, or simply from being in such a vulnerable state anyway. There is doubt in Legolas - he is not so overly stoic as to withstand the voice of Saruman - and he does succumb to the torment and reveal his secrets. My love for *your* Legolas seems to be increasing all the time!

Another wonderful piece of work, my friend. I very much enjoyed this. Happy writing!

- ArwenJaneLilyLyra
ForeverRainingFire chapter 1 . 5/18/2013
Great story! I really enjoyed it! Fantastic story!
Yoline Nimai chapter 1 . 12/25/2012
Very dark, but amazing story! thanks!
Killingmemory chapter 1 . 1/8/2012
You are wonderful, amazing, talented. Thank you for sharing!
Lilynette chapter 1 . 1/6/2012
Wow... this story was very... captivating, I think is the word. Once I started I could not tear my eyes away. It was... quite amazing, really, and I'm really glad I found it.

There was a lot of really great sentences, but I particularly loved that bit: "You would have me despair, and betray all the world for fear of one Man's weakness. But I have seen that weakness, and I know what he desires. And it does not matter."

Oh, and that one too! : "Whatever he may wish, whatever dark whisper might come to him, he resists it. And I will not assume weakness where he has shown strength."

I'll stop there, otherwise I might just copy-paste the entire thing!

Thanks for the great read!
BakerStreetIsLastRefugeOfHope chapter 1 . 2/14/2010
A great story. Very well written.
head in the cloud chapter 1 . 2/25/2009
wow! That was amazing story. Thanks.
Martiny the one and only still chapter 1 . 10/26/2008
My...G..o..d! Me like this story, want sequel, where was Legolas captured?
Expecting Rain chapter 1 . 6/4/2008
I'm again amazed (I read TPD last night...er actually it would be early this morning that I stopped). This was SCARY, creepy, and wondefully well-written.
StarLight9 chapter 1 . 4/7/2008
This was incredible! Very, very original and well done! And very scary if you have read TPD before that! The point where Legolas has a bad feeling about the palantir is painful! And to think that Aragorn forgot about the palantir and it was Legolas to remind him... I was almost jumping on my chair, screaming "No!" So much pain could have been avoided. I see that you've posted this before you started TPD, but I suppose you already had the story in mind. Anyway, amazing and frightening work.
51 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »