Reviews for Of the Sun and Stars
Anon chapter 1 . 1/31/2014
A interesting vignette. I like it.
IHeartSam chapter 1 . 1/18/2012
I love that I have just stumbled across this after so many years since you puclished it, I don't know how I have missed it...

Anyway, I am exceedingly glad to have found it - it is a lovely little piece, especially the mix of humour and romance since I often imagine Faramir would have had wit to match his intelligence. I like that this fic showed that he might have been humourous as well as pragmatic and gentle and wise, it lends a depth of reality to his character. I also like that you did not make Eowyn cold or harsh, but rather a bit tentative and unsure (again I find it more real this way).

nice job!
EugeniaVictoria chapter 1 . 1/17/2012
oh wow, how elegantly written, how thoughtful a story.
Wizards-Pupil chapter 1 . 3/4/2010
This is wonderfully written. I can completely believe this scene really took place in the book.
higher than sky high chapter 1 . 4/26/2008
hey i really liked this. :) i think you kept the err... "romance" at the right amount and people were pretty in character. nice job on the "oldish" sounding speak and stuff too!

i just have one question.. why does eowyn switch from you to thou/thee halfway through.. while faramir remains using you? o_o b/c you is more formal and thou/thee more informal.. it just seems odd to me that eowyn would be the first to do it. well idk.. anyways, good job. :P
Celebne chapter 1 . 1/16/2006
The story is so sweet! I would like to read more F/E stories from you.
Lilan chapter 1 . 1/15/2006
This is a charming story, first or not. I loved every little bit of it, I could see every gesture you depicted, hear every sound. It's lovely. This particular romance is clearly your thing, because you do it in a wonderful tone, a perfect gapfiller tone for this couple, as they move from shyness to playfulness, and then back to serious matters.

I particularly liked they way they spoke about battles. I have heard - not once! - how incompatible Faramir and Eowyn would be, and how tough their marriage would prove. In your story, it's very clear how both strive to understand each other, how much they want it.

Thank you for a lovely read!
Gypsie Rose chapter 1 . 1/15/2006
Shame on me! I read this ages ago and didn't leave a review. However, that fact allows me to say that this little piece has stuck in my head for quite some time. It has a lovely mood and I really like the sun/stars comparisons. I certainly would not have guessed this was your first LOTR story. Great job!

-Rose
Aeflid chapter 1 . 11/8/2004
Even better than the other one! Please please please please please update!
Lady Galadriel chapter 1 . 2/15/2004
Your first Fic? I couldn't tell. I thought it was very good myself. Keep up the good work!
Fallon chapter 1 . 2/2/2004
Lovely story. i see you have a fondness for eowyn, so do i . She's one of my favorite characters in the story. I loved her in the movie, how she killed the witchking. It was so amazing when the witchking had her by the throat and said " You fool, no man can kill me"
And then she takes of her helmet and says " I am no man"
God i love that part, that was the most powerful part of the movie for me...
Awesome story...
cosmo-queen chapter 1 . 1/30/2004
Aw, that was so beautiful. A lovely fic! You may be new to the world of LOTR fanfiction, but your writing is of a far higher quality than so many other stories in this fandom. There's hope yet! The characterisations, dialogue and descriptions were all brilliant. I look forward to more of your stories :)
*cosmo-queen*
Morrwen chapter 1 . 1/24/2004
Cute! I love the poeticness.
shie1dmaidenofrohan chapter 1 . 1/22/2004
I like it a lot! It's good to see Eowyn warming up to Faramir. And you captured Faramir perfectly...what a sweet guy! I think it probably would have been a little more realistic after their conversations on the wall, but it's really good. I would like to see more from you!
Natters chapter 1 . 1/21/2004