Reviews for Firelight
MysticSorceror chapter 1 . 4/22/2008
Things I liked:

Nice descriptions and set up

I like the way Yuki deals with Akito's "compliments"

Suck a lighter that sounds crazy and Akito on heroin is a pretty scary thought

Nice interaction between Yuki and Akito

I love how deep these thoughts are

Aww poor Yuki *hugs him* That would really mess with his asthma - that is probably the most evil thing ever

I like how Kyo came - it's pretty sweet. I would never imagine them sleeping together

Ways to improve:

The characterization is slightly off

Awkward tense issues

You've dropped some letters off of places: The you beat

Heh, heh, pretty original ;;

Myst

Things I didn't like:

Why didn't he call her Honda-san?

The word said grates on me

I don't get the line: Whether it was watching his mother as she him, or Akito's torture games...

Really really awkward construction causing it to be hard to read
Majestically Mystical chapter 1 . 9/1/2006
Okay, so you know what... um...

1. I love your stories, be it about Akito or Yuki or whatnot.

2. You write well.

3. I... was a bit disturbed, actually, in this fic... -cringes- This scarred me for life, I'm sure... I wonder if I'll dream about this... -shudders-

4. I loved that little cute Kyo Yuki thing at the end. Everybody else writes so OOCy... but that little blurb was just so Aw!CUTE!

5. So. Good job. -shivers- Although, I think I have a fear of fire now...
Liz chapter 1 . 8/9/2006
I loved this story! It was truly amazing. I honestly couldn't tell that it was something you wrote when you were trying to get over writer's block. But then, those stories often have a way of turning out to be the best ones, don't they? _

I really liked Akito's claim that he was Yuki's mother. I think it must be true, because I thought of that too and wrote a fanfiction where Yuki tells Shigure that Akito is his mother, and Shigure is confused by it since it's "physically impossible." That's funny, isn't it? That we'd think of the same thing. I think that's how you can tell when something isn't too far from the mark, when more than one writer thinks of the same idea. Anyhow, I thought you did a good job with that.

I also liked the part, toward the ending, that said that Yuki didn't want to know how Akito was doing because he cared very deeply, and he was trying to erase him from his life. That made a lot of sense. It would explain why Yuki always acts as though he hates him in the anime and yet thinks about him all the time, as though they had been a lot closer than he'd like to admit.

My gosh, the part about Yuki sucking on the lighter made me gasp out loud, it sounded so painful. The description of the bone melting was truly horrific, I felt so sorry for him. That was an especially brilliant touch on your part-having Akito force Yuki to suck a lighter when he refused to suck his dick. Talk about harsh! I can totally see him doing something like that, though. And gently guiding it into his mouth... lol!

Just curious-why is it that you think Akito would have shriveled private parts? I've heard another writer express that idea before and I'm just wondering if you guys know something I don't. Do very sick men commonly have deformed genitals?

Anyway, I loved this fic. You rock! You are a master of integrating psychological issues with beautiful, original imagery and thrilling plot twists! I am always so pleased to read a masterpiece like this. It makes me want to be a better writer!
Nica Anodyne chapter 1 . 12/11/2005
I rather like this story. You could possibly develope it into something longer, but I sort of like it this way. Yay for you. :)
luvwell chapter 1 . 9/12/2005
cool! update! i really liked it!
bd cg da and fg chapter 1 . 4/9/2005
great!it's the best please keep writing!
Kuroi Kitty chapter 1 . 1/31/2004
nice! plz update asap thanx!
18 Umbrellas chapter 1 . 1/26/2004
. Yayful ficcu again, Rei-chan! E... I likes reading thy writing muchly... ; T'am angsty in the muchsome. And the ending was good! *wishes there'd been a litte more Kyoki, but what can ya do?* ;
cardigan-ReD chapter 1 . 1/25/2004
Why aren't there more awesome reviews for thi story, guess I have to do all the work around here. FYI, I almost never review stories, so do consider this an honor. Excellent, well written, moving, disturbing and "aw"-inspiring. Applause is deserved and do please try and write more of these. Maybe have Kyo comfort poor Yuki a little more? Not graphically, fluffily. Anyway, that aside, this is still a wonderful fic.
Reka who can't sign in right now for some reason chapter 1 . 1/25/2004
I liked it lots. Reminded me of when I saw these kids extingushing a flame with their mouths. o.o; Anyway, yes, here's to support! ::holds up a mug::
kaesaku chapter 1 . 1/24/2004
ooh.. angsty..
me like it!
write more! _
Kativa-chan chapter 1 . 1/21/2004
Poor Yuki! Are you going to write more? I think you should continue this. Maybe have Akito take Yuki back? Or something like that?
smiley town chapter 1 . 1/21/2004
Oh come on! The ending wasn't so bad... *grin* Great story, by the way, I really don't like Yuki that much, but I actually felt sorry for the little bugger.
Killed for Art's Sake chapter 1 . 1/19/2004
Oh wow, awesome as always Rei-chan! It was a nice ficlet and I enjoyed reading it, some of the things Akito said I found really IC. _ Nice job, and Yuki and Kyo were very cute in the end.