Reviews for Fading Light
Eu Tyto Alba chapter 3 . 5/1/2005
Aw... Poor Aros! ;_;

*offers Aros honeysuckle basket w/ candy*

Someone needs a hug. :-)

(how'bout we have an Aros-Apreciation Day?)

(to Aros) No Aros, I am not mocking your pain. Even if Kiru and Iraki go their way, /we'll/ still be here for you! *room fills w/ murmurs of agreement* :-)

It is not wise to keep one's feelings bottled up like that...The stiff tree breaks in the wind and dies a horrible death, but the one susceptible to change will spring back into the sky and live happily ever-after. *points finger sky in a scholarly manor* _*

And isn't "happily ever-after" what you wanted in the first place?

I dunno- to me it seams that /none/ of them are very good at communicating their feelings. They all keep too many secrets from eachother... They're too afraid to involve eachother in what's really on their mind; and so-forth. (Aros refuses to get to the bottom of this once & for all; Iraki refuses to say what's really on her mind/says different things to different people; and Kiru isn't even trying to involve Aros in his preoccupation...{I'm saying Kiru should get off his solitary backside and start trying to work /with/ Aros and Iraki- he keeps to himself too much.}; and almighty Ansem should know well that Sora and Aros are opposites, and that something very very bad could happen if he upsets his friendship with Kiru. Sora loved the idea of having adventures and traveling to new worlds, so naturally, Aros is gonna hate it.)

I'm not criticizing! They're all extremely well-written; I just mean they're not very savvy.

I have a question... I understand the reasoning behind "Fate Isles" as opposed to "Destiny Islands"... but did you purposefully intend for "Fate Isle" to sound like "fatal"? o_o

'Cauz it does... *gasp* 0.0

(gee whiz that was long) 0_x

I'm eager to read the next chapter. Please post it soon! _~

Signed~ Indi :)
Mirriem chapter 2 . 5/1/2004
Whoo, the plot thickens! This was *so* a parallel to that dock scene with Sora and Kairi in the game. But how different the outcome! Indeed, if Ansem shows his face again, I dread what might come of it. And the Keyblades? Eek, just..eek! The emotion of this chapter, though, was very poignant, to the point where the reader could nearly feel it themselves (in my case, anyway). I can't help but wonder if Aros' feelings are what Riku's might have been if Sora and Kairi' relationship had progressed further.

Although, does Aros realize just what it is that makes him feel that way? Hmm, since I can't really know, I can't really answer, but you, with the way you're writing this, you make a person *think* they know. Which is nice, by the way. Also, how precious Aros holds the life he's's creepy how close that is getting to something I'm writing for my fic. Does that mean we share some extrasensory, deep-rooted connection with video game characters and OCs that transcends time, space, and rationality? Or am I just mouthing off, as usual?

Hmm, we can only wonder. _~

Anywhoo, Kiru's and Iraki's relationship feels classic almost, and rather beautiful. The way she trusts him and is willing to follow him in spite of her own, that is very mature standpoint of hers, choosing to protect him if something goes wrong instead of trying to prevent his actions now. That's a large gap that I can see between her and Aros; she, knowing what she wants, and he, so uncertain. I see the origin of the feelings he expressed in the recent chapters of RSoD, which is really cool.

Once again, I'll be waiting for the next installment (maybe I'll actually review it on time), but take all the time you need. Things are always more fun that way. _

Ja ne!

LiquidGirl chapter 2 . 4/14/2004
Hey, I'm finally reviewing!
I finally finished reading chapter 2(sorry it took so long!)And im pretty sure I reviewed ch.42 of Reverse Side... if I didn't,sorry!
Update soon!
Naela chapter 2 . 4/12/2004
Oh Aros! (
Seeing him deteriorate like this is really breaking my heart.
Black-Rose72 chapter 2 . 4/6/2004
Great chapter. I can't wait for the next chapter to this and your other story Reverse Side Of Darkness.
Bears Love Tourists chapter 2 . 4/6/2004
Cool! Update soon, k?
starhealer chapter 2 . 4/6/2004
Just to let you know, I'm already squealing and I've not read anything yet. *giggles like a school-girl* Aros stuff! Rawh!
Okay, now that that's out of my system...Onward!
Two sentences in and I already feel sorry for the little bugger. It must be awful to watch your friend (supposedly) change before your eyes, and not for the better. Or to simply be left behind because of that change. Poor Aros...he's already becoming splintered.
Kiru sounds more and more like Riku right now. And that's...kinda depressing. Aros just wants his friend back but how do you remove wanderlust from a person who so desperately wants to see the world?
The plot thickens. I wonder what dream he had? About Sora, perhaps? Or the destruction of the Island? Travelling to different worlds? *is in suspense*
Guess one was right! *dances* And aw...Aros is so in denial.
O...Plot Development (tm). Sora and the black keyblade? Interesting indeed. Might this be a smidge of foreshadowing, I wonder?
Sora stabbity (tm)!
Yep, denial. At least he still believes in Kiru and his truth-telling abilities. "Kiru would never lie." He's so terribly devoted to his makes what happens later far more tragic.
Poor Aros and his worries over other worlds. The kid must feel awful about it-Ah! Keyhole!
Nice try, Aros, but no. Fighting the darkness it is. He asks himself reasonable questions, though. And there he goes being a fool, again. *shakes head* At least he still trusts Kiru, even if he won't trust Ansem.
*huggles Aros* "Aros had to be careful so that he would be ready to protect them if Ansem was deceiving them and things went wrong." - He is just such an awesome friend...all he wants is to keep them safe... *huggles again*
He just continues to make me love him. "Aros would bottle up inside his own fear, misgivings, and his desperate wish that none of the three of them should ever leave this world. He would bottle up his wish to preserve the life that he loved so much." - He's wrong, but it's sweet nonetheless. Change can be so difficult sometimes...and Aros can be such a child, too. But it's endearing.
"Kiru and Iraki... He would protect them. No matter what folly they believed or got themselves into, he would always protect them." - No one is allowed to hate Aros after that. It's just too sweet!
He is way too much like Sora sometimes, with his fake smiles and cheerful attitude. But it's all to protect someone else, so no matter how wrong it may be, or misguided, I still adore the boy for it. He has a certain strength about makes his fall that much more tragic.
More denial. He's just a denial-rific boy, that Aros is.
Plot development! Hmm...Iraki and Ansem? Possible...
Oh, the angst. Aros wants to protect and so doesn't trust, Iraki wants to believe and so trusts. And never the twain shall meet. And there's those thoughts again: 'Maybe it bothers me so much because she and Kiru..'
This is just depressing. Ack! Don't cry! And don't hide! *shakes Aros* Hiding is bad!
*huggles Me-chan* Beautiful! Just...beautiful! I didn' think it was possible, but I like Aros even more now, the demented little fool. Damn you and your writing, Megumi. It's just. too. good!
And I can't seem to NOT write you novellas when it comes to this fic...
*squeals* I can't wait for chapter three! But don't rush yourself. I can be patient...I think. But thank you so much for this chapter! *huggles again* I loved it!
JadeyTheKitty chapter 2 . 4/6/2004
You updated, You updated, You updated!
*dances for joy*
So many updates _ RSoD got updated, now this gets updated. Yayness. And it's going to have more chapters? Double yayness!
*feels terribly sorry for Aros now*
Aw... poor guy ;.;
*gives him all of the cupcakes and cookies*
link no miko chapter 2 . 4/5/2004
*dies* Yay! Yay yay yay! *does the new chapter dance*
Well, that's another similarity between Riku and Kiru. Their obsession with other worlds.
Eh? Black Keyblade for Sora means...stabby! Seppuku via darkness, I was right! But...that's a terrible dream to have. It must have been a terrible experience to have, too. Poor boys...
*sniffle*'s so nice to be able to read about him again...and have him actually talking...
Aros... If he wasn't being such a ging later on... But, the poor boy. I feel so bad for him, because he couldn't cope with the change and let himself be led the way he was.
*shakes head* Aros, Aros... Denial is more than just a deep river in Egypt, you know...
If only that were true, Aros. If only that were true...
But did Ansem recognize Iraki when he saw her? I can't remember if he did or not, but if she IS from his world, he would recognize her, ne?
I feel so bad for Aros. I've felt like he does now. Not about being in some love triangle thing, but about thinking things about friends, and not quite trusting them. That happened to me before, and I hated feeling that way. So I know exactly how he feels, thinking he's being abandoned by them and out of the loop. I wanna huggle him.
And I don't think there was a lack of stuff in this chapter! You don't need actiony action to make a chapter move well or make it interesting. The emotional conflict within Aros, and his subtle change in perceptions really gave this chapter feeling. And I want to read the next one so badly. You write a mean story, Megumi!
*huggles* Thanks for the new chapter! I can't wait for you to finish this! I'm always looking forward to things you write.
sore-wa-himitsu-desu chapter 1 . 2/19/2004
I was a bit hesitant at reading this being that it's Aros, but hey, some background info isn't all bad. And I'm starting to tolerate the dude.
T'was an interesting chapter. I like Ansem - Seeker of Light. He's a very fun character. _
Mirriem chapter 1 . 2/13/2004
Yes, I AM alive. Still feeling pretty crappy (a combination of migraines and a sinus infection/cold disabled me all of this last week and a half...ugh), but here I am. I decided to review this one first, as it had been out the longest.
And what to say? What indeed; the warning signs are SO there. Aros...I pity him now more than ever. It's just so hard for peope sometimes, to see what's right in front of them. Really, what I think the problem is that he doesn't *want* to see. And, if he can't even find it within himself to be aware of Kiru and Iraki's relationship, how can he accept it? It's a lot like how it was with Riku and, by the look of things in RSoD, his solution would be much the same as Riku's.

The parallels between these three and Riku, Kairi, and Sora are perfect. Really. It's like it's them, but then again, it's not. This trio are all their own people, but it's extremely easy (and enjoyable, in a sad, fun way) to see how their destinies are intertwined. Kairi and Iraki act much in the same way, but Iraki seems a little more hesitant than Kairi, though with the mostly the same inner strength. And, while they are mismatched in a way, Aros acts a lot like Riku used to. The only difference seems to be that, whereas Kairi and Sora hadn't really been a 'couple', Iraki and Kiru are very close to (or already are and Aros just refuses to see).

I guess that makes the big difference, doesn't it?

And I love how you portray this Ansem. He's just so cute! I think I'm turning into a fangirl...egads! He's so intelligent, but, unlike the other Ansem, he's a scatterbrain. And so energetic! He seems to me the kind of person who's fun to be around, even if he might bore you with endless explanations of things too complex for my small mind to make out. Nice, nice, but I don't want to see what happens when Aros begins to turn on them. Or when the Keyblades arrive. But, then again, I do, becuase this is so exiciting! Gets me all riled up for the sidestory/backstory things I have in the works for 'Candle'...

P.S. If this review looks funny, please ignore. I've been trying to figure out why there aren't spaces between my paragraphs anymore...(*grumble*)
JadeyTheKitty chapter 1 . 2/11/2004
Oh dear, poor Aros. *Sniffle* I feel sorry for him, it's must be no fun feeling left out.
*Pats Aros on the head*
_ Maybe things will turn out better for him... maybe.. hmm.. didn't turn out to well for Riku in Kingdom Hearts...
*Realizes she isn't sounding very encouraging and is once again rambling*
Heh... _ Right, I can't wait to read the rest!
Firefly Rebirth chapter 1 . 2/7/2004 are you doing this to me? You've got me feeling sorry for Aros! I don't like him, I don't! It's just this tiny bit of sympathy I have, that's all. And I don't like it. Grr.
Sorry it took me so long to sit down and read this. I'm glad I finally did. I like the style, somehow it feels different than your usual. It's great nonetheless. Everything's great. Especially Ansem. He makes me laugh. But not Aros. I don't want to feel sorry for him.
Lara chapter 1 . 1/30/2004
I like this much. It's nice to know how it started and everything.
Wingaurd chapter 1 . 1/25/2004
wow well this explains a lot
great job-wing