Reviews for Face Of Hate
aalens chapter 1 . 1/18
This is a brilliant little fic. I loved it. Thank you.
riverrat chapter 1 . 5/12/2013
Interesting take on Severus' hate of Harry.
A very well written oneshot.
aurora-inked chapter 1 . 10/29/2012
Brilliant insight into Snape's mind ... It's not hard to imagine him, despite his previous loathing towards James Potter, bearing no more hatred over the dead, for as you so aptly put it, it would be "allowing the dead power over the living". Good job, very well done indeed!
librarywitch chapter 1 . 5/10/2012
Now that was a well done profile of our favorite potions master. I think you pegged him spot on! Thanks for sharing.
icansoar chapter 1 . 1/30/2011
Incredibly well written, and not too far off the mark from what happened in the last two books either.
Mikena chapter 1 . 1/14/2011
Love it! I never saw Severus's hate for Harry like that. It fit though. Great story! can't wait for more to come from you!
chst chapter 1 . 4/14/2010
That was a new way to look at it, certainly. Good point.
onaleia chapter 1 . 5/1/2008
I'm impressed by this original yet entirely plausible interpretation. Nicely done.
Hematitebadger chapter 1 . 9/12/2007
I actually read this for the first time months ago, but didn't have a chance to leave a review. It made my jaw drop the first time around, and it still does. It's beautifully written, and the slightly cool, slightly distant tone is perfectly in keeping with Snape's inner voice.
friendlyquark chapter 1 . 6/15/2007
Amazing.

Insightful.

Wow.
Parnoid chapter 1 . 2/7/2007
I see the same thing when I look at the two.
pdrsj chapter 1 . 2/4/2007
I followed a link re: Firefly fanfic posted by madjh on lj. I will them later, but I did read this one.

You have picked up a tremendously interesting personality thread for Snape. Yes, he would definitely resent Harry's celebrity for many of the reasons you've given.

Unloved, unrecognized, and always mistrusted. Thank you for such a great exposition.
halbarath chapter 1 . 6/3/2006
Good piece. Your insight into Severus Snape's mind feels true to the character JKR introduced us too.
Romulus chapter 1 . 4/18/2006
Quite petty, but totally understandable.
cecelle chapter 1 . 3/12/2006
"But he could hate him. Hate him for getting all the credit, for being admired and respected when he, Severus, had taken greater risks and done greater good than any other wizard could have dared, and was despised for it.

It was petty, he knew that. But he'd never pretended to be a good or moral person. Just... not an evil one, either."

Love those lines!

Not that petty, I think. He *should* have gotten recognition instead of disdain. Of course that would rankle. And things haven't improved since...he had to go back to spying duties, still risking his life without any recognition, while Potter gets the friends and the glory and a girlfriend. Of course he hates him.