Reviews for The Burning Time
Larethiana chapter 21 . 1/16/2014
Ahhhh this story is EPIC! so well writen and coherent! it couldreallybe the sequel! you made me smile, cry, reading it! Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us!
iamsheena chapter 21 . 10/16/2013
I love you. I know we've only just met, but I thought that it must be said. I don't know what you're doing with your life and time - if you're still writing or not, though I hope you are - but just know that even nearly seven years after you completed this story, people like me are reading it and adoring it.

I watched Witch Hunter Robin when I was in middle school and hadn't watched it in its entirety, but I remembered loving it. So I decided to watch the full series recently and, as you can hopefully still understand, I became extremely obsessed, which led me to fan fiction. You wrote everything that I was unable to think of or say, and as far as I'm concerned, this is canon-grade.

I love history and mythology, so I was all the more excited to read about all that you included. What was better was that these were things taken from secondary sources, and you actually took time to research and weave everything together. I mean, I love research too! This story had everything.

Are you sure you don't own WHR? Have you ever considered purchasing the rights? Haha.

I really want you to be writing. I want you to be a published author. I want to read everything you've written.

I loved reading this years after it was completed because: a) I didn't have to wait for updates (I usually lose interest when I have to wait), and b) I could see the progression of you as a writer. The entire story was fantastic, but there were changes that I noticed in later chapters, mostly regarding organization of characters' POVs. It's neat to me.

ANYway, I'll stop gushing and talking, although I think there was something else I wanted to say that I have forgotten. I hope you're doing well, and thank you!
GalanthaDreams chapter 21 . 7/5/2012
I can't quite find the right words to praise your story...I am dumbstruck at it's detail, the lush imagery, the mythology. How did you so realistically tie in religion and even Amon's name into your plot? It's beyond my imagination.

Uncharacteristically, I feel that words are not enough. I have smiled, I have laughed, I have cried-my heart caving in on itself. Your story inspires those reactions in me.
The Birdy78 chapter 20 . 10/19/2011
Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous conclusion and deliciously haunting. The description of Amon's power and how it compliments Robin's own was really good. The scene where they finally embraced was really lovely. This chapter was a fitting conclusion to the entire fic. Good job!
The Birdy78 chapter 18 . 10/19/2011
Another really good chapter ( I am trying to make up for all the reviews I didn't write, can you tell? XDD ) Beautifully tying all the hints you have dropped early in the story and the name of the chapter was well placed. I particularly enjoyed the story tying Amon and Robin to ancient Egypt. It was a true stroke of genius. I really enjoyed Nagira's cameo in this chapter, his relationship with Amon is always incredibly amusing.

The mention of Amon's mother and how her death has shape her son was also very good as you delve deeper into something the anime only scratch the surface of and should have expanded more into. I particularly enjoyed one sentence in the story when Juliano says "She is not the enemy of God" alluding to Robin and AMon's earlier incarnations.
The Birdy78 chapter 16 . 10/19/2011
I read this chapter in its unedited state, it was wonderfully conflicted. Amon feels the pull of something deeper than just the physical attraction and his love for Robin. Her lines are deliciously cryptic and filled with so much meaning than just her talking about their current state of affairs. She hints at something much deeper than just him letting go and loving her.

I especially liked Amon's inner struggle, he has spent so much of his life shutting people out that letting Robin in is almost physically painful and terribly scary. And he also seems to resent her for just how much she makes him feel and the danger he feels in if she where to awaken his powers. In much vulgar words, Amon is practically pissing on his happiness with Robin but he doesn't realized he is doing it and doesn't know how to stop either. Lovely chapter!
The Birdy78 chapter 3 . 10/19/2011
I am ashamed to have found out I never too the time to review your story. Let me begin by thanking you for writing this wonderful fic, its rich in characterization, history, mythology and culture. Reading the descriptions of Italian food make my mouth water, the descriptions of the Italian countryside are also breathtaking. Not to mention that Amon and Robin's relationship is beautifully complex and conflicted by more than just the age difference they share. I really like Robin here, she is mature yet naive with a definite trace of mischievousness. That is how she always came across to me. And Amon is deliciously conflicted becoming the main point of conflict not only for their relationship bu also for the story as a whole. Great job!
Shrilaraune chapter 21 . 1/30/2011
This is literally the best thought out fan fiction I have ever read in my entire life. The research alone that you must have put into this endeavor has earned you my eternal respect. Omedetou gozaimasu for a job well done. Honestly.
Bonnie and Clyde fan 9-22-11 chapter 21 . 1/6/2011
I love this story. You kept the characters in character which is hard to do.
Valentine Requiem chapter 21 . 11/14/2010
I had been meaning to finish this story for quite some time. I'd come across it, mentioned while I searched for WHR fanart on Deviant art, and had started reading it over six months ago. I can't remember why I stopped; it was probably some stupid distraction.

I'm very glad I chose to finish this. There are no words to describe how happy I was to read your take on what happened after the end of my favorite anime series.

I envy a mind that could string something like this together, and only wish I'd been here when you first started writing it, so I could savor the anticipation for each new chapter.

Instead I shall be content to wait for new chapters of the sequel. I see by looking at your profile that you plan on starting it up again, for which I am very very glad. I hope to see more from you soon.

Thank you.
killerkumquat chapter 21 . 7/30/2010
This was an amazing story and I am SO GLAD you put it here, since this is my main source of fic and seems to be sadly lacking in WHR awesomeness. This pretty much makes up for it though, especially since there's a sequel.3

I was wondering, though, if you'd ever considered dabbling a little in Young!Amon and Robin fic. I love the idea of a surly teenage Amon meeting, like, a seven or eight year old Robin and interacting with her.
Aldalena chapter 20 . 6/15/2010
That...that was beautiful. Amazing. I couldn't stop reading! *Squints tiredly at the clock* What? 3:05 AM! Ugh...

Anyway, words cannot describe how much I love this fic! The plot, characterization, description, everything! I love your OCs, especially Seth and Jana. I initially hated-yes, *hated*-Seth, and all I could think whenever he showed up were things along the lines of, 'Don't you DARE lay one finger on Robin, you manipulative bastard!' And, 'If you hurt Amon I swear I will kill you somehow even though you and this whole story are fictional!' Lol. But by the last couple chapters I couldn't help feeling very sorry for him and desperately hoped he would survive and fight on Amon's and Robin's side... )':

I'm really wondering what Nagira would think of all that had happened with Amon and Robin... XD
RebbieChan chapter 20 . 2/24/2010
i thought that overall this story was writin amazingly and all the characters had depth and all that good stuff and it was awesome. The only problem with it (and it knew it was leaning this way for the longest time) was the ending. well not really, it was more like the line 'the devil is free will' i know that this is partially because i'm christian and whatever but it's not the only reason. Statements that are bold and definite in religion of any sort whether it be a religion that supports said statement or not, i believe should not be said. I personaly think that anything that basically tells definitly 'this is the way it is' is going to far whether it be from my own religion or someone else's. THe 'this is the way it is' statements should be kept for each individual person to discover themselves and not for someone to tell them whether it be in a novel or even by a preacher of sorts. (this is one reason why i myself refuse to read religious books). Truthfully your story is one of the best i've read and (in my opinion) should be made into a movie or something because its just that good. like you should publish stuff if you haven't already. Please don't take what i'm saying in a bad way because i would have said this regardless of what reiligion (again even if it was my own) was back (if thats the word) statements like this. Honestly.
RebbieChan chapter 16 . 11/17/2009
so this 'cone' thing that amon saw was the renewal of her powers right? not the actual ceremony thing that seth and them did? i think...
Star Garden chapter 21 . 8/27/2009
I LOVED this story, not only because of the Amon and Robin goodness of it, but the intricate and exceptional story you wove into the background.

This is one of the best stories I have ever read. You not only gave us more of our favourite characters, you also gave them their own unique storyline and development which was quite believable.

I also loved the way that this story was intensely researched, and that often there were stories inside the bigger picture. You never shied away from the intricate details, and you never forgot to stay true to the characters.

However, the one thing that hit me the hardest about this story is something that I have never shared with anyone else.

Everyone is so caught up in the One God, but I want to believe in a Goddess, who is the other half. I have wanted to believe that there is a being somewhere, a fellow woman, who is both merciful and vengeful. Someone who can forgive, as well as cause havoc to those who wrong her. And I want to believe that there is a part of her in each and every one of us.

Yours is the first story (of fanfiction) that has ever gone close to this belief, and that really comforted me, and surprised me, in a good way. while I am not a hardcore follower of the occult, it is nice to believe in the simpler forms of magic. And that when we gaze upon the moon, perhaps there is someone gazing back.

And maybe closer than we think.

Thank you, thank you so much for this story, for this fiction, or perhaps non-fiction that you wove so well. You gave me a new story, but you did not neglect Amon and Robin.

I LOVED this story.

Thank you so much for writing, and I hope you will continue to do so for many years.

Much Love,